Lambo Brunch....

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The event was planned months ago when we thought the OC problems would be resolved. We wanted a central location to all dealers in the southern CA area and OC has the highest concentration of Lamborghinis.

Before you call me "stupid" for planning something like this in OC, I'd love to see you step up and do something in San Diego rather than just piss on this.

The event was planned months ago when we thought the OC problems would be resolved. We wanted a central location to all dealers in the southern CA area and OC has the highest concentration of Lamborghinis.

Before you call me "stupid" for planning something like this in OC, I'd love to see you step up and do something in San Diego rather than just piss on this.

WOW! that's not nice Mr. CEO!

:iamwithstupid: I heard Winkelman was in San Diego a few weeks ago. Symbolic could have easily set up a small run at that time.

Tommy did a good job putting the event together and yes he sure did get left at the alter with this one. Word was he couldn't make the drive because of all the work behind the scenes.

The run was one of the better ones we've had, good route with no tickets or accidents.

It's interesting this event seemed to be based on a conversation with the factory. I say that because the lambo speaker replacements for W probably couldn't have done too much of a worse job answering questions. One word answers and rude comments from them over and over until the respect level from the crowd went down and people started throwing the low blows back. Tommy jumped in at the end to talk about how instead of saying negative things we should get involved like he did - however it's going to take more respect from both sides to make that work. You can't be rude to your customers and ask them to do more.

Great to see everyone and meet some new people. Thanks again to Tommy for the event, which cannot be understated. Lambo, on the other hand, needs to get it together.

Why were they serving W personally rather than the factorys attorneys?

That's what I was thinking too... I don't buy that whole "serving" story, what is he some window washing company owner who works out of his truck and needs to be tracked down to get served?

Lamborghini is a corporation and if they doing business in the US they MUST have address and a lawyer !

That's what I was thinking too... I don't buy that whole "serving" story, what is he some window washing company owner who works out of his truck and needs to be tracked down to get served?

Lamborghini is a corporation and if they doing business in the US they MUST have address and a lawyer !

Plus, what does he have to worry about? Whatever lawsuit he's involved with will be defended by the factory, why would they need to whisk him away like that?

Plus, what does he have to worry about? Whatever lawsuit he's involved with will be defended by the factory, why would they need to whisk him away like that?

They wanted to serve him a personal subpoena in the ongoing matter of the suit.

It is pretty simple! They have to serve him personally. Easier in OC than Italy!

Who cares wether W was there or not. Tommy put together THEEE best run/get together in SoCal to happen in along time. Not one of those Vic "only invite those that bought a car in the last 5 month runs". This had participation from most model types and owners from different areas of the West Coast. It was nice to see a Countach acting the way it was designed and keeping up or kicking ass on modern day super cars. Again hats off to Tommy for investing the time and money for everyone to have an awesome time enjoying their cars.

Again hats off to Tommy for investing the time and money for everyone to have an awesome time enjoying their cars.

:iamwithstupid: :icon_thumleft:

Hmm, I see we have some new members.

We do.... three... and they all track back to a single IP of an existing member....

And Im about to go on a banning spree.

Edit-

To the ORIGINAL Screen name. We both know who you are. You can send me an IM and explain why you started three new screen names today for this. IF I like the explanation, Ill let you keep your Original SN....

We do.... three... and they all track back to a single IP of an existing member....

And Im about to go on a banning spree.

All joined today no less...

Expose the traitor :)

No... They are not a "traitor". They are entitled to their opinion and to express it. What they're not allowed to do is to create a bunch of bullshit screennames forcing me to deal with it like a troll situation.

This is a moderator issue now.... Its separate and apart from the main discussion which I encourage you all to continue. I also encourage all of you to stay clear of this particular point and let us handle it.

It was nice to see a Countach acting the way it was designed and keeping up or kicking ass on modern day super cars.

Would have been worth the trip just for that!

Tommy, sounds like given the resources and the situation nothing more could have been done and everyone had a blast and good to hear no one had to leave for health reasons! Big respect to you for going the these extreme measures for the good of Lamborghini, huge round of applause!!

Tommy I don't know you but from reading your very informative posts I came to realize what a great guy you are, you are a true enthusiast, thank you for steeping up involving yourself so we can all benefit from it, spending $ and personal time for the benefit of others. A big fat thank you for that! :icon_thumleft:

The factory should know by now that the ball is in their court, their loyal fans are still here and will be here as long as they listen to what they have to say and deliver the product that we desire.

Having said that I can see that many of us are starting to loose patience, our loyalty shouldn't be taken for granted with so many choices at the entry level (their bread and butter!) of the exotic world.

Guys, thanks for all the kind words. Because I live in Seattle, I had to rely on a few really terrific people to help make things happen down here and I want to thank them now. First Joy "JLOO" who managed the event from the start. I flew her up to Seattle to observe and help out with the event we did up there so we could replicate it down here. She really busted her ass and she and Elliot "ELIM" for helping design the route. It took the two of them to do it to make it work well, right down to the toll booth passes. I don't know if Samuel is on here or not, but he's the guy drifting in the SV for the Lamborghini video. I wanted a pro driver such as Samuel to lead the group so I gave up driving my car so it wouldn't suck. Samuel did a terrific job. Having radios to help keep everyone together also made a difference. It's always in the details.

We opened up the event to all brands of exotics because the only way to truly grow the family is to make all exotics a part of it. One of the Scuds that I hear was well driven was someone who also owns a Diablo and was out with us the night before. The other Scud owner has been a giant supporter in Seattle. Some of the best people I know are Ferrari owners. (I'll post some funny stuff about Anthony and I going into the local Ferrari dealer where they could't help insulting us over and over again. We had a lot of laughs over that. They even insulted the Ferrari owners we brought in to their store!)

I'd also like to thank our own Allen for working behind the scenes to help keep it focused. Grant Johnson was also there to offer his advice on both the event and the route and he too was a terrific help. David "Destructo" was also a giant supporter lining up the questions. Side note: Just before Winkelmann had to leave we were discussing the list and they were intending to reveal some interesting facts. Damn!

We had people from the area dealerships, and they were all terrific too. I feel like through all of this OC nonsense, we pulled together a great community and that's the part that pleases me the most.

One other thing, the Fairmont Newport Beach absolutely kicked ass!!!! They were incredible and they get a giant thanks. The former guest services manager and I worked on this idea a year ago and we spent a lot of time trying to get something happening. He flew out to help. The valets under Mike M are the best in the world, and look at the photos of the circle drive!!! What other hotel will let cars take up the entire circle, four cars across from end to end? They are car people and they could not do enough for us. They were exhausted by Sunday and they impressed the hell out of me.

Luxe Communications manages events for Lamborghini and we bumped heads a lot along the way but in the end they really came through and did a terrific job with logistics. We had some very cool cars there including the Super Trofeo which was the only one in the US. Lamborghini did spend a hell of a lot of money to try and make this happen so please understand they absolutely wanted to be there. When I say a lot of money, I think you'd be shocked what this cost. Let's just say the $100.00 was a fraction on a per-person basis. Manfred Fitzgerald, head of design and branding was the one who really kept the focus and even though I'm extremely disappointed that they couldn't stick around because of a deliberate attempt to disrupt the event, believe me, their effort through all this was not at all trivial. I feel bad for Pietro who was put on the spot and he too was incredibly helpful in all this. He too was wiped out by the time we were done.

As for Rene and his one word answers at the podium, some were insulted and others absolutely loved it. Anthony has been imitating him for the past two days and it's hysterical. Anthony loved it, but for those who were offended, we were doing our best to wing it. In the end, people still had a great time. Yea, there were a few real assholes who showed up to do nothing but create a problem but we took care of it. We had Fairmont people there keeping a close eye on things and it went well. Sorry to make this so long, but I did want to applaud all the people who worked so hard to make this something special and I probably forgot someone.

As for Anthony, he was terrific the whole time he was here. He'll talk cars all day and he's not afraid to drive. I'm glad everyone got to hang around with him as just another car guy. He made me laugh through everything.

We've got to keep doing these events. This is really our best way to sustain the value of our cars, to stay active in the car community and organize drives. Yea, you may take shit from people who will never get off their own dead ass to do something good, but so what. Thanks LamboPower for all your support and for the moderators who kept things on track. I wish I knew more of you. What a great community!

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

On a side note, paralleling some peoples thoughts on Rene'.

I got to sit down with him for a while this past year at the auto show in Detroit, and to be honest he's a class act and super nice guy.

He is the type of person that is great to be around, you just have to get to know him more than just seeing him once or twice at an event.

The Germans tend to be more reserved when it comes to meeting new people, and to be honest, with Lamborghini and the people who follow it, I don't blame them. They can't tell us from Adam.

Destructo, agreed 100%.. Rene is a class act. Him and Pietro both great guys, and have supported the American Lamborghini owner in many ways. These two guys were put into the position of doing the Q&A at the last minute... NO preparation. In light of that, they did a great job.

Tom, it was great meeting you at the event.. I look forward to meeting you again in the future, and hopefully working on more lamborghini related materials.

Sounds like it was pretty good. My only question is if they had already seen the questions and had prepared some answers why weren't these answers provided to the guys left at the event? Were they trying to serve a whole bunch of people or just SW? I would have thought they would have still been able to give some information on the questions they had already received.