an "Accident waiting to happen" Just happened

rakjoe

ah the youth of today.....

after working on trauma surgery at a major trauma hospital, it's amazing how many people drive piss ass drunk.

to make it fair, this epidemic isn't limited to the youth...it comes in all ages, sizes, races...i have no pity for people that get DUI's.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted a thread about the US soccer star Charlie Davies who was injured severely and his girlfriend was killed while another (mystery girl who was driving was the least injured I guess)....haven't heard a word about her YET as I am speculating there is perhaps alcohol involved and since there was a death, that story as it unfolds has got me damn curious, I would HATE to discover that SHE TOO was drunk and caused HUGE damage!

this epidemic isn't limited to the youth...it comes in all ages, sizes, races...i have no pity for people that get DUI's.

:iamwithstupid: I pity the fool.....

What a waste... too bad she didn't die and the other two live.

to bad the other family was to stuipd to put on thier seatbelts. She was the only one that did.

It's really stupid what that girl did

but come on...

Quesada says four San Bernardino family members were in the Silverado and none were wearing a seat belt.

I don't know how bad the crash was but perhaps if they had their seatbelts on they would have lived.

I dont understand how anyone hammered enough to drive the WRONG fcuking WAY ON THE HIGHWAY can possibly think its a good idea to get in a car. I mean come on?! Such a sad story. RIP to those deceased.

I dont understand how anyone hammered enough to drive the WRONG fcuking WAY ON THE HIGHWAY can possibly think its a good idea to get in a car. I mean come on?! Such a sad story. RIP to those deceased.

It seems to happen a lot down here in Florida, where you not only have drunks to worry about, but also seniors, drunk seniors and the occasional disorientated British tourist. Since I have moved here, I have had a few close calls.

Yep, a very sad story, for the victims, their families, and also for the young driver, and her family. RIP.

I have a sneaky suspicion I know what happened.... The 5 south (the major north south freeway in OC) is closed after midnight near the 91 for construction.... They get your ass off on surface streets (its an area that if you dont live right there, you would NEVER drive around it) and you have to find your way back to a freeway if you want to continue on your trip..... I did it Monday morning coming back from U2.... I've been driving for 22 years and I was stone cold sober and it confused the hell out of me....

Add booze to it and I can totally see somebody getting on the wrong god damned side......

But....

What I will never understand....

Even at 3 in the morning around here, there is ALWAYS traffic on the freeways... Theres never more than a few car lengths between cars....

How do you get so goddamned drunk that you actually GET ON THE FREEWAY, SEE THE HEADLIGHTS COMING RIGHT AT YOU, AND NOT SAY "Oh ...... SHIT....." and pull right the fcuk over to the shoulder? It sounds to me like she just kept going....

And yes.... First or second degree murder WILL be the charge.....

Zero sympathy for someone like this broad. I hope she spends her entire life in prison.

I wonder how many hate messages she will receive on her myspace from various people..... :eusa_think:

I'd imagine if they are hammered to the point that they could drive the wrong way on the highway, they probably did not have the logical thinking abilities to reason, "I'm too drunk too drive..."

notice how most of her pics, she has a drink in her hand, sad that she got in her car driving and friends wouldn't stop her from driving off? Allan and I know someone who had more then 1 DUI, now that I think of it, he is lucky he didnt kill anyone as messed up as he would drive

I agree with everything Roman said.....maybe you do get confused, maybe you take a wrong turn....but how do you not see the lights coming, or the fcuking median on your RIGHT SIDE!!! I mean do you think you took a wrong turn and are suddenly in england?! Crazier thing, it happens here in cincy. Probably 3 times in the last year or so. One was a city firefighter leaving a christmas party and decided to head north on 71 in the south bound lanes. Hes got something like 5 or 10 years to think about that mistake....

How predictable, now the myspace is deleted or closed..

The reason that the drunks usually survive major crashes that kill the innocents is because their muscles are loose and the whole body is like a jelly... :icon_pidu:

How predictable, now the myspace is deleted or closed..

The reason that the drunks usually survive major crashes that kill the innocents is because their muscles are loose and the whole body is like a jelly... :icon_pidu:

That just happened within the past few hours, I checked it a few hours ago and it was still open.

That just happened within the past few hours, I checked it a few hours ago and it was still open.

I can see them standing by her bed trying to prey the myspace password out of her sedated ass..

I can see them standing by her bed trying to prey the myspace password out of her sedated ass..

Not that it would matter I am pretty sure someone copied and save the page already and the prosecuter will probably get a hold of it somehow.

What an idiot I hope she rots...

Although, I bet she will get a good lawyer and plead the case down due the victims not wearing their seatbelts, which she can argue as a mitigating factor to avoid a murder charge.

What an idiot I hope she rots...

Although, I bet she will get a good lawyer and plead the case down due the victims not wearing their seatbelts, which she can argue as a mitigating factor to avoid a murder charge.

It might be a factor in the inevitable civil case, but its completely irrelevant to whether she will spend the next 20 years of her life behind bars.

"You take your victims as you find them."

And but-for her CRIMINAL ACTIONS, they would still be alive, seatbelts or no seatbelts....

When one knowingly drives intoxicated, especially as that impairment level goes up, the law considers that a "reckless disregard for human life." You KNOW that driving impaired greatly increases your chance of being involved in a motor vehicle accident, and you know that motor vehicle accidents often result in fatalities. The fact that the person in the other vehicle wasn't wearing a seatbelt, or has a weak heart, or as we in the law biz call it, has an "Eggshell skull" is completely irrelevant. All of those are foreseeable and do nothing to mitigate what the Defendant did when she got behind the wheel shitfaced.

Mental Intent (or in this case simply not giving a fcuk)+action= Criminal liability.

The moment she started the car, she was guilty of DUI.

If she then caused an accident (I think we can safely say that since she was driving the WRONG fcuking WAY ON THE FREEWAY, the accident was probably kinda her fcuking fault), its FELONY DUI.

If somebody DIED in that accident, its MURDER.

Classic example:

A man decides to kill himself by jumping out the window of his 87th floor hotel room.

Mili-seconds before he hits the ground the hitman who has been paid to assassinate him and is staked out in a room across the street sees him falling and expertly SHOOTS him in the head killing him instantly-

Result?

The hitman is guilty of first degree murder of course.