FS: Wrecked SLR

jpohl402

Silver/Red 2005

5100 miles

Car is in Beverly Hills, CA

Just had $5000 service at Beverly Hills Mercedes

Obviously runs great, engine is fine - Drive it home!

Only needs a tire to drive it home

In light of the damage, 105 K firm

Need to move this car ASAP

PM me, I will give you my number

post-12748-1261648418_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648427_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648432_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648436_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648439_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648442_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648445_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648449_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648452_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648455_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648459_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648462_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648465_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648469_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648472_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648475_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648478_thumb.jpg

post-12748-1261648482_thumb.jpg

Clear or salvaged title?

Is the carbon tub structure in tact? Looks like the door and side took a good smack, do they still open, close, lock as usual?

I am guessing but given Mclaren's history of gouging i would bet that rear clip is somewhere in the vicinity of 40 to 50k . The front spoiler for the 722 is 10k and it is minuscule compared to the missing part.

Probably about 70 to 80k to fix which does not make it a good deal.

eek.... 10k for the front lip alone?! wow!

You have no idea how ridiculous the prices are for just about anything. Just as well bend over if something needs to be fixed

Sent this to my body shop guy, he loves these "projects". See if he bites. Aram is right though, my buddy replaced the front on one of these for a baseball player and the bill was north of 40k. Shit is expensive. IF you could find one that took a hit in the front and did not get repaired you would be in business though.

How a "rear bumper" can be 50k I will never in my life know. Brand new Audi S4 or a SLR Bumper... choices choices.

If that's not blatant robbery I don't know what is.

How a "rear bumper" can be 50k I will never in my life know. Brand new Audi S4 or a SLR Bumper... choices choices.

If that's not blatant robbery I don't know what is.

HOW?

1. It's McLaren So add a 0 to the total if it were any other reasonable type of supercar

2. It's a massive one piece carbon fiber body panel, probably hand laid by some retired rocket scientist.

I mean, without exaggerating there could easily be 50 man hours in making that part. Granted it should probably be $15k, but what are ya gonna do.

Can you even buy the part, or is it one of those things where you are required to send the car back to Germany to be rebuilt?

HOW?

1. It's McLaren So add a 0 to the total if it were any other reasonable type of supercar

2. It's a massive one piece carbon fiber body panel, probably hand laid by some retired rocket scientist.

I mean, without exaggerating there could easily be 50 man hours in making that part. Granted it should probably be $15k, but what are ya gonna do.

Can you even buy the part, or is it one of those things where you are required to send the car back to Germany to be rebuilt?

I am sure you can buy the part . If there is no structural damage to the car it can be fixed in NA .

Under EU law companies have to sell you replacement parts this came into effect because companies charged over the top for the work. I think EU law also allows you to make a copy of a part for replacement purposes without infringing copy right. I used with law with Sony who wanted £700 to repair my laptop but after weeks of talking to various people they sold me the part for £300

dont you have to ship it to Germany to get it worked on?

If you shipped it to Germany it would still be a couple of hundred miles away from Woking in England where the p-line is! :)

The panels for the road cars are outsourced to a McLaren subsidiary company near Portsmouth. The oven for panels is on all the time and are made under the same roof as the F1 car parts.

I was chatting to an engineer at Goodwood a couple of years back that now works for Rolls Royce but did some work for McLaren and he said that during the F1 season the F1 body panels are made none stop.

I am guessing but given Mclaren's history of gouging i would bet that rear clip is somewhere in the vicinity of 40 to 50k . The front spoiler for the 722 is 10k and it is minuscule compared to the missing part.

Probably about 70 to 80k to fix which does not make it a good deal.

:iamwithstupid:

If it has no has no carfax history or a branded title, someone will slap a bumper (regardless of what kind of damage is underneath) and some bondo on it and run it through a wholesale auction shafting the next unsuspecting buyer...

You can have an exact piece hand made for much less. Shit, I guarantee you can find the bastard that originally made the original one for the car and buy the CF parts from NASA, fly the best structural engineer in the world to inspect it, and it would cost less.

Another thing I just thought of: say you buy some of these high mileage examples for $150,000. You can rip the car apart, and sell it piece by piece, and actually make money off of it.

Another thing I just thought of: say you buy some of these high mileage examples for $150,000. You can rip the car apart, and sell it piece by piece, and actually make money off of it.

happens all day everyday. Salvage auctions are a big thing. That is why Shazam does as well as he does.

happens all day everyday. Salvage auctions are a big thing. That is why Shazam does as well as he does.

Parting exotic cars out is a tricky business. Some of the parts can sit around for YEARS before anyone needs them.

Parting exotic cars out is a tricky business. Some of the parts can sit around for YEARS before anyone needs them.

VERY good point.