2010 camaro

BUMN

Define younger?

Because a loaded SS model costs about 40k...I don't see any teenagers or most early twenty somethings affording that.

Beyond that if you want a muscle car this is the one to own! The Ls3 has a huge after market if that also interests you.

Bang for your buck it is a great car, my son has the 426hp V8 and it has some serious power. We changed out the exhaust, put in a short throw Hurst and added air induction. There are a ton of goodies out there. The ride is good with nice handling and it is quick in the corners. Not a Lambo, but dollar for dollar, tough to beat.

Bang for your buck it is a great car, my son has the 426hp V8 and it has some serious power. We changed out the exhaust, put in a short throw Hurst and added air induction. There are a ton of goodies out there. The ride is good with nice handling and it is quick in the corners. Not a Lambo, but dollar for dollar, tough to beat.

i don't know anything about American cars since they don't have them here for being only LHD..but is the new Camaro comparable with the new Bmw E92 M3? are the price about the same?

I believe the car is based off a Holden chassis, and if true that means that Pedders will have a great suspension aftermarket ready to go, better than anything of the previous f-body cars for sure.

Likewise as mentioned above, the motor has potential too and the styling is cool.

This is a win from Chevrolet.

i don't know anything about American cars since they don't have them here for being only LHD..but is the new Camaro comparable with the new Bmw E92 M3? are the price about the same?

I am a huge Chevy fan (look at my sig) but I would definitely take a new M3 over the Camaro.

I do find it hard to believe that the E92 M3 is the same price as a Camaro SS though. Last time I priced out an M3 it was well over 60k USD.

Its definitely "cheap" for what you get. But I looked at one at the local dealership and really didn't find it all that great. Power was great but that was about it. I really didn't like the feel of the car at all.

Its really all what you like.

40K for a Camaro ?

I would pay 10K more, and find a nice 04 GT3 with 10K miles.

40K for a Camaro ?

:iamwithstupid: Another year and you'll be able to get a AM V8 for $50k as well.

40K for a Camaro ?

:iamwithstupid: Another year and you'll be able to get a AM V8 for $50k as well.

You guys hit the nail on the head.

As a former F-body owner I was excited for the new Camaro, but when it came out. I was sorely disappointed. The car is utter garbage. Hell, it's almost the size of a Crown Victoria! The interior is cheap and smells of plastic and regret. The new Mustang is going to run absolute circles around this boat anchor.

I have some very interesting information about the new 5.0 coming out for the Mustangs, and I'll be honest, I have no problem joining the Ford camp and leaving GM to fend for themselves.

As a former F-body owner I was excited for the new Camaro, but when it came out.

Don't be so hard on yourself dave.... Your body isnt that F'd.

Don't be so hard on yourself dave.... Your body isnt that F'd.

hahahah

and i was interested as a dd, figured i'd add i/h/e add an easily 50+ hp. Went to see it, it looked almost as big as an fx35. Then test ride, it is great as a muscle car, but i love sports car and yes it does have independent suspension but it needs it you can really feel the weight in corners.

I just bought a 2SS stick , brand new , $37k , 100k warrantee .

Why would I want a finiky AM or high maintenance Porche .

It's a Muscle car thing , you either have it or you don't .

USA 1

USA 1

yeah man! :icon_mrgreen:

USA 1

All of this is great but I didnt like the minor quirks that seem to get to be annoying as hell. I owned a 4th gen Fbody, there was so many minor issues that were annoying as hell. Of course its was mildly modded too, but even the stock GM stuff pissed me off. Windows were slow as hell, I blew two of my rear speakers with not a thing touched to the stock Monsoon(I owned the car for 7500 miles, bought it with 28k), rear end howl(Ill accredit that to Moser 12 bolt with 4.11 gears but my buddies 02 Auto Formula had the same problem), 6 speed was starting to crap out at ~36k miles. I am done with GM cars unless its a POS, CTS-V, or a truck.

USA 1

Here is an excellent thought on warranties :lol2:

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]

Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Here is an excellent thought on warranties :lol2:

I've had numerous GM cars and trucks over the years with no real probs , good service from my dealer and didn't cost $400 something k , heck I could pick my Murc apart but what's the point ?

BTW I'm way over 100k and a couple are over 200k with original powertrains and going strong . I don't think GM is going to fold and I payed less money for the Camaro than a new Benz would depreciate in the first 16 months . I'm not a Bimmer , Benz kind of guy anyway .

I'll let sparkys out there make the monthly lease payments and sweat going over on the miles . The Camaro is practically disposable .

The Camaro is practically disposable .

That is exactly the market GM is going for. Hence the death of Pontiac, the Grand Prix ran forever. A friend had a GP GT, put over 160K on it without a tune up! That car was bullet proof. He still drives it today.

Now days, GM won't be happy with satisfied long term customers having to only buy one or two cars. They are going to make them last shorter, cost less and have a high turn around rate.

I have a Silverado for winters and that thing with close to 200K still runs like a top! I liked the old GM, but I'm weary of the "new" movement of disposable autos.

That is exactly the market GM is going for. Hence the death of Pontiac, the Grand Prix ran forever. A friend had a GP GT, put over 160K on it without a tune up! That car was bullet proof. He still drives it today.

Now days, GM won't be happy with satisfied long term customers having to only buy one or two cars. They are going to make them last shorter, cost less and have a high turn around rate.

I have a Silverado for winters and that thing with close to 200K still runs like a top! I liked the old GM, but I'm weary of the "new" movement of disposable autos.

I didn't mean it in that context , I meant for the money .

I know this unit will last many miles .

Right...

So GM is going to make more money by having (purposely) unreliable cars?

No, I don't think so. They are going to overhaul their interior design (evident all the new car releases, vast improvements) and keep reliability as a primary concern.

I know when I get a lemon car I really detest that manufacturer. My buddy just purchased an 09 Mazda Speed 3 and it has a crap ton of problems. He swore off Mazda and plans to get a 5th Gen Camaro. I am sure if the Camaro gives him the same problems he will have no problem switching to a Ford (or whatever).

Basically, your business plan is terrible.