Need a new DD

57udl3y

Alright so this lack of volatility in the market has really curtled my income, its starting to pick up again but I'm still making a fraction of what i used to, so i'm looking for a dd around 60k and having a really hard time deciding.

I need a car thats fun to drive, but at the same time can handle snow and is an all weather vehicle. Seat 4 and has a decent size trunk. Right now the one i'm considering most is the new s4. Does anyone here own it?

So i'm looking for your guys opinions s4 or something else? thanks

Alright so this lack of volatility in the market has really curtled my income, its starting to pick up again but I'm still making a fraction of what i used to, so i'm looking for a dd around 60k and having a really hard time deciding.

I need a car thats fun to drive, but at the same time can handle snow and is an all weather vehicle. Seat 4 and has a decent size trunk. Right now the one i'm considering most is the new s4. Does anyone here own it?

talk to desmo RR, he has one.

He actually has a really great looking orange RS4. Thought it was for sale?

Everything is for sale, for the right price.

I've had an A4, S4 and RS4. Audi always does interiors nicely with no exception here. With snow tires they handle great in the winter given AWD. It's a smallish car without any flash so if you're looking for reliability and practicality these sedans are great however if you're looking for a thrillride these cars are not it.

'06-'07 M5 (A beast)

'06-'07 S8 (AWD, spacious, and Gallardo Engine) :icon_thumleft:

'07 Maserati Quattroporte SportGT (drives like a freakin' 3-series Bimmer).

Remember, the last two were $130k cars at one point.

BTW you have a PM.

I was thinking S4 before I ended reading your post, it looks like we on the same page, I have the A4 quattro avant and I love it, the S4 here is insane money over $130k, thats the reason I went for the cheaper A4 which was still close to $90k with all the options.

Good luck in your search.

I've had an A4, S4 and RS4. Audi always does interiors nicely with no exception here. With snow tires they handle great in the winter given AWD. It's a smallish car without any flash so if you're looking for reliability and practicality these sedans are great however if you're looking for a thrillride these cars are not it.

spot on :icon_thumleft:

I wanted an understated DD because of my business, when contractors see you show up in expensive rides all sorts of "taxes" get added to your quotations :icon_mrgreen:

spot on :icon_thumleft:

I wanted an understated DD because of my business, when contractors see you show up in expensive rides all sorts of "taxes" get added to your quotations :icon_mrgreen:

so you should get yourself an old comodore ute then, and you'll just be "one of the boys"

so you should get yourself an old comodore ute then, and you'll just be "one of the boys"

I still want them to know I can pay my bills :icon_thumleft:

Saw an new S6 yesterday and loved it, that or the S8 would be my choice.

Quite subtle, quite fast, quite comfortable, quite cheap and very superior when snow on the road. Nothing beats an Audi with quattro in the winter.

thanks a lot guys, i never even thought about an s class or s8, i'm very interested in that even though its not a fun car would be a great dd, think i'm gonna start looking at those.

I'd go with the S4 choice, if you want something reasonably sporty and good for all conditions. They're really fun to drive, imo, both the current 3 litre supercharged and previous gen 4.2 V8 models (though I think the newer is actually a better drive). Fuel consumption isn't terrible, reliability seems good (though I've only driven them, not owned them, so going off 2nd hand info there).

Have been looking into an 05/06 S4 myself lately, though they're still quite horrendously expensive here (about NZ$65k for an 05 with moderate km's). I could almost get a brand new Evo for that (and that would be a tough decision to make...)!

Does it have to be a car?

If not how bout an BMW X5 or X6, Merc ML series in that price range or if its not beneath you a Grand Cherokee SRT-8. [No knock on you here just know some guys wont be caught dead in anything American]

If it has to be a car RS4 is hard to beat.

You could probably get a great deal on a year old GTR or Carrera 4.