LP570-4 Superleggera

a007apl

On the warranty issue: perhaps the dealership plays a pivotal hand in it too? ........ And I strongly suspect on how the dealership word the warranty would play a major factor on whether the claim would be warranted or not. At least this has been what lead me to believe based on the services and warranties on my other cars of different marques.

I'm sorry but, that method of 'procedures' does not exactly seem fair. You either have a warranty or you don't. What about the case where an owner's dealership has closed up shop; are you left high and dry with no one to really assist you ? If you went to another dealership would the scenario be: 'you're not really our customer'.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have never had a problem with Lamborghini on warranty issues either. They replaced my whole e-gear assembly under warranty.

Did they take care of your surging RPM issue? I didn't know you have problems with your egear system on top of the surging issue. Trust me I have documented all the communications between Jonathan and I. Some of the response are pretty ridiculous and I felt like a fool for following some of the diagnostic procedures. When did you have your egear system replaced?

I have never had a problem with Lamborghini on warranty issues either. They replaced my whole e-gear assembly under warranty.

Did they take care of your surging RPM issue? I didn't know you have problems with your egear system on top of the surging issue. Trust me I have documented all the communications between Jonathan and I. Some of the response are pretty ridiculous and I felt like a fool for following some of the diagnostic procedures. When did you have your egear system replaced?

VCR,

I was very unsure of the SV when I was at the special showing and thought it was so-so. Then I saw the car and saw all the details that they actually put and and WOW! The car is awesome.

I think the new SL will be the same way. All the small details will add up to be a great drivers car. And I love the looks. Top on my list right now.

Lamborghini tech rep has turned down a bunch of warranty for the SL owners that I know of so let's not go there with your single case. They have treated me and other owner with no respect. They are holding a friend of mine's car for over 2 months without doing anything on the car. Perhaps ask DoctaM3 how they are treating him with his Superleggera.

This is not my experience at all nor is it the experience of anyone I know. Lamborghini has been rock-solid about standing behind their product from the day I bought my first car. I've seen some people abuse their cars and Lamborghini still gives them the benefit of the doubt. We've seen remarkably few posts on this forum about people having specific complaints about Lamborghini standing behind their product.

Speaking about the warranty drama, the Lamborghini tech rep was trying to get Scott who is the service manager at Manhattan Motor Cars fired because Scott took too many warranty claims. I thought that was pretty low how Lamborghini responded the whole situation.

I'm sorry but, that method of 'procedures' does not exactly seem fair. You either have a warranty or you don't. What about the case where an owner's dealership has closed up shop; are you left high and dry with no one to really assist you ? If you went to another dealership would the scenario be: 'you're not really our customer'.

I meant that when a warranty claim comes up --- i.e. within the car's warranty period --- the owner would obviously inform the dealership on the problem(s) of the car. The dealership, in turn, would contact Lamborghini SpA for a warranty claim on the problem(s) so that the owner needs not to pay for the parts & labour (and the dealership gets reimbursed). It's how the dealership --- i.e. the service manager --- documents and/or communicates with Lamborghini SpA which affects Lamborghini SpA's decision to honour the claim or not; e.g. the choice of words, thoroughness of description and/or investigation, submission of evidences, etc... Some dealerships do a good comprehensive job while others are just sloppy and/or do a fly-by-night job. Seems like a common scenario on all types of warranty claims involving all sort of products.

This is not my experience at all nor is it the experience of anyone I know. Lamborghini has been rock-solid about standing behind their product from the day I bought my first car. I've seen some people abuse their cars and Lamborghini still gives them the benefit of the doubt. We've seen remarkably few posts on this forum about people having specific complaints about Lamborghini standing behind their product.

They have DoctaM3's SL for more than 3 months now. Try and explain that!

VCR,

I was very unsure of the SV when I was at the special showing and thought it was so-so. Then I saw the car and saw all the details that they actually put and and WOW! The car is awesome.

I think the new SL will be the same way. All the small details will add up to be a great drivers car. And I love the looks. Top on my list right now.

Ok, good to hear your endorsement. Thanks! :)

No I still have that issue. Hopefully someone else will get it figured out. Lamborghini is trying to blame it on the AEM's throttle position sensor even though my car did it before it even had TTs. So yeah, I guess you are right, the support could be better, but I also see their point of view since my car is heavily modified.

No I still have that issue. Hopefully someone else will get it figured out. Lamborghini is trying to blame it on the AEM's throttle position sensor even though my car did it before it even had TTs. So yeah, I guess you are right, the support could be better, but I also see their point of view since my car is heavily modified.

Sprite, as I recall there is at least one other guy who has surging RPM issue just like yours and their SL is stock. From what I heard they were told it is not under warranty. Trust me they need to do a better job! Btw they have not done a thing on DoctaM3's SL for the past 3 months and basically told him to get lost. Some customer service (I think both Rene & Pedro are also aware of the situation).

Sprite, as I recall there is at least one other guy who has surging RPM issue just like yours and their SL is stock. From what I heard they were told it is not under warranty. Trust me they need to do a better job! Btw they have not done a thing on DoctaM3's SL for the past 3 months and basically told him to get lost. Some customer service (I think both Rene & Pedro are also aware of the situation).

That sounds outrageous. Please do document all this in a thread somewhere. There's nothing I hate more than manufacturers bailing on their responsibilities to stand behind their product. I swore off Ferrari for exactly that reason. Please get the details out there. First I hear of it.

> (As I stated earlier) ..... I knew the U.S.A. (bound) cars were not supposed have polycarbonate windows ! It's against our federal safety standards.

Frankly... this particular standard seems ludicrous to me -- convertibles

are allowed to have polycarbonate rear windows, but hardtops are not?

> As for the (true) engine glass bonnet on U.S.A. (bound) cars .... why do they do that, when the louvered version (bonnet) would be so much lighter ? Poseur factor ?

I don't know how much a "grilled" bonnet would save over the one with

the polycarbonate window... but I do know that the engine bay is not all

that happy when too much water gets into it. (Going crazy with the hose

during a car wash is one of the scenarios that increases the chances for

subsequent P1311 errors... at least for my car. :-)

I bumped the revving thread in the Gallardo section. Lets get this issue resolved before somebody gets hurt.

The marketing flyer came out today but I cant seem to get the 42 pages hosted

Engine

Cylinders V10 90°

Displacement 5.204 cc

MAX Power 419 kW (570 CV)

at 8000 rpm

Max Torque 540 Nm

at 6.500 rpm

Drive train

Transmission Permanent 4WD

Viscous Traction

Gearbox e-gear

(6 speed + reverse)

Performance

Top Speed 325 Km/h

Acceleration 3,4 s (0-100 km/h)

(0-62 mph)

Dimensions

Wheelbase 2.560 mm

Overall length 4.386 mm

Overall width 1.900 mm

Overall height 1.165 mm

Dry Weight 1.340 Kg (-70 kg vs Coupé)

Front tyres 235/35 ZR 19 - P ZERO CORSA

Rear tyres 295/30 ZR 19 - P ZERO CORSA

Fuel tank capacity 90 litres

......I don't know how much a "grilled" bonnet would save over the one with

the polycarbonate window... but I do know that the engine bay is not all

that happy when too much water gets into it. (Going crazy with the hose

during a car wash is one of the scenarios that increases the chances for

subsequent P1311 errors... at least for my car. :-)

LAUTLOS,

Do U.S. 'SL' cars (due to our regulations) come with a polycabonate hatch "window" or are they made of laminated safety glass, as the standard coupe option glass hatch is ?? (Like it or not, we are stuck with those federal regulations)

Back on topic..................that model with the curly hair is pretty hot IMO. She looked pretty good struttin' her stuff on the runway. :razz:

Back on topic..................that model with the curly hair is pretty hot IMO. She looked pretty good struttin' her stuff on the runway. :razz:

+1. The car and the girls are both fair game. :)