I really need to buy a new gun...

Roman

FYI, Primary Arms also has a good deal on Gen II PMags right now too; $8.99 if you use the code PMAG2 at checkout (limit 10). They're not hard to find anymore but I haven't seen them lower than that anywhere else, without buying mass quantities.

Nice I bought my 10 pack for $124 2 months ago and thought I had a smoking deal.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The SB374 just passed committee in California. It bans all semiautomatic centerfire rifles with a detachable box magazine. I am guessing Jerry Brown will sign it, so unless he vetoes it, I suppose the courts are the only hope now.

The SB374 just passed committee in California. It bans all semiautomatic centerfire rifles with a detachable box magazine. I am guessing Jerry Brown will sign it, so unless he vetoes it, I suppose the courts are the only hope now.

so the m1 is now illegal?

so the m1 is now illegal?

If it passes, AR-15s, Kalashnikovs, Ruger Mini-14, M1A's, etc...all will be outlawed. This is important because California has a history of pioneering gun control laws. Thus far no state has tried to go so far with their definition of "assault weapon" as including all semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines period, but California right now is trying to. If it passes, and especially if upheld by a court, then other courts around the country might look to that as what constitutes sensible gun legislation and other states would be inspired to try a similar such ban.

What are the grandfather provisions, if any?

I believe that existing ownership of weapons is grandfathered in, but I think it's only for the existing owners. I think it will be where one cannot pass such weapons onto their children.

So in the wake of Newtown, Obama has used one of his Executive Order powers to ban the further re-importation of surplus M1 Garands and M1 Carbines from South Korea (because we all know how so many people are being shot by people using those each year). A real kicker to this though is that out of all the various guns Senator Feinstein sought to ban with her proposed Assault Weapons Ban, the M1 Garand and M1 Carbine were both exempted.

A petition has been filed at the White House website asking to rescind this EO. You can sign it here: LINK The White House has raised the number of signatures needed on a petition to garner an official response (up to 100,000). The petition has until September 28 to get about 95,000 additional signatures. Don't know if that is doable or not, but we should try! Spread this to all gun people.

This Executive Order could also possibly set a dangerous precedent. For example, if the President can just ban the import of guns because they are considered "military-style" guns, does this mean they could then ban the import of various other guns arbitrarily labeled as such? Some America gun manufacturers manufacture their guns overseas. Could the President ban the import of those? Plus whether the gun is military or not is irrelevant.

eventually guns with magazines will be banned too. then we will have revolvers until they ban those for single shot, then to muskets, finally we will just resort to running people down with cars, using knives, or baseball bats. so just ban everything :(

just sold my socom ii because i have no place to shoot it

eventually guns with magazines will be banned too. then we will have revolvers until they ban those for single shot, then to muskets, finally we will just resort to running people down with cars, using knives, or baseball bats. so just ban everything :(

just sold my socom ii because i have no place to shoot it

I have a place to shoot it. fcuk California.

Are all 'Yugo's going to be a PAP rifle? And are all PAP rifles Zastava M70s?

I don't know if that's a truism or not??? There are two Yugos. The under folder and the fixed stock, which is what I have ( the m70). And then the forged and stamped. I can't remember what the folders are called. 70b? Maybe.

Anyone hear about Obama signing a bunch of EO to do with guns this past week? Buddy told me he signed one that basically took away all of the advantages for setting up a Trust to own NFA items. Basically for the next 90 days the BATFE is supposed to investigate requiring people who file for NFA items via a trust to still submit a CLEO Letter and a fingerprint card for everyone who is listed in the trust.

Anyone hear about Obama signing a bunch of EO to do with guns this past week? Buddy told me he signed one that basically took away all of the advantages for setting up a Trust to own NFA items. Basically for the next 90 days the BATFE is supposed to investigate requiring people who file for NFA items via a trust to still submit a CLEO Letter and a fingerprint card for everyone who is listed in the trust.

Yes. It makes it where one can no longer use a trust or corporation to get around having to go to the CLEO, who can refuse to sign all NFA paperwork if they wish, thus creating a de-facto ban on such items in their jurisdiction. From what I understand, the whole CLEO thing is redundant because of the NICS anyway. The Obama administration however calls the use of a trust or corporation a "loophole."

I also forgot to mention, here is a link to send a letter to Governor Brown asking him to veto the proposed gun control legislation. While I doubt they will pay much attention (if any), it is still worth a shot. Thing is, BE POLITE AND PROFESSIONAL. I would in particular ask him to veto S.B. 374 (ban on semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines):

LINK

I don't know if that's a truism or not??? There are two Yugos. The under folder and the fixed stock, which is what I have ( the m70). And then the forged and stamped. I can't remember what the folders are called. 70b? Maybe.

Ehhh, I suppose I'm still a little ignorant to the AK platform and all of the different designations, models, etc. This M70/PAP deal is making more sense to me the more I look into it.

Most of the bills of California are only in need of being signed by Moonbeam now. The semiauto-with-detachable-box-magazines ban just passed out of Assembly and now goes back to the Senate for concurrence, then heads to the governor's desk. If you live in Cali, now is the time to call the Governor. Maybe he will at least veto that particular bill if he gets enough calls.

Colorado Senators Giron and Morse BOTH successfully recalled in the first ever such election in Colorado history. And that with the gun rights groups being out-spent big-time by the likes of Bloomberg and such.

Most of the bills of California are only in need of being signed by Moonbeam now. The semiauto-with-detachable-box-magazines ban just passed out of Assembly and now goes back to the Senate for concurrence, then heads to the governor's desk. If you live in Cali, now is the time to call the Governor. Maybe he will at least veto that particular bill if he gets enough calls.

California is a lost cause. The sooner it sinks into the ocean the better.

Sorry Allan, Deuce, flyinglap, modo etc ;)

Take a hint from Romandad and get out while you can.

Colorado Senators Giron and Morse BOTH successfully recalled in the first ever such election in Colorado history. And that with the gun rights groups being out-spent big-time by the likes of Bloomberg and such.

Good.

There are two schools of thought regarding California:

1) That it's a lost cause, and leave so as to gut it of representation in Congress

2) Stay as gun control is to a good degree won or lost in California; that as goes California, so goes the nation, as a lot of gun control has been pioneered in California. Courts might for example look to California legislation as being "sensible" gun control legislation. Also it is said that trying to undercut Cali population-wise also will be a lost cause if the illegal immigrants, of which Cali has a lot of, are legalized at some point, which may well happen (not debating immigration, just pointing out about why that strategy might not work).

There are two schools of thought regarding California:

1) That it's a lost cause, and leave so as to gut it of representation in Congress

2) Stay as gun control is to a good degree won or lost in California; that as goes California, so goes the nation, as a lot of gun control has been pioneered in California. Courts might for example look to California legislation as being "sensible" gun control legislation. Also it is said that trying to undercut Cali population-wise also will be a lost cause if the illegal immigrants, of which Cali has a lot of, are legalized at some point, which may well happen (not debating immigration, just pointing out about why that strategy might not work).

It's a lost cause.

If it passes, AR-15s, Kalashnikovs, Ruger Mini-14, M1A's, etc...all will be outlawed. This is important because California has a history of pioneering gun control laws. Thus far no state has tried to go so far with their definition of "assault weapon" as including all semiautomatic rifles with detachable magazines period, but California right now is trying to. If it passes, and especially if upheld by a court, then other courts around the country might look to that as what constitutes sensible gun legislation and other states would be inspired to try a similar such ban.

California does not pioneer anything. It eats it own shit.