Why?

I wonder how much weight the carbon fiber hood saves? Although I don't like the look he was going for, the fitment looks good. All it needs is the proper orange to match the rest of the car. Car looks hot otherwise.

Same car was for sale a while ago. He said he didn't want any low-ballers and was looking for near $200K. This was when the market was terrible.

Guy is nuts if he thinks he'll get that much for it. $120K.

But it's a 'one of a kind' hood.....

And there's a good reason there was only one of them made...lol

At least do the carbon fiber in the engine bay :lol2: That hood looks awful in exposed carbon fiber.

+1

But it's a 'one of a kind' hood.....

And there's a good reason there was only one of them made...lol

:badgrin: :badgrin:

I know he wasn't but IF he was using it as a track car I don't see why not... :eusa_think:

Does anybody know how much the stock bonnet weighs?

spray it orange and it'll be good!

:iamwithstupid:

I can understand wanting to shave a couple extra pounds, but at least paint it to match the car.

If he also painted the roof in a black color, then possibly a better look... CF is no longer just a cool look to add anywhere on a car. Weight savings can't be very significant, but a few pounds here and there if you're hitting the track always helps.

Even crazier than the hood is thinking you are going to get 175 for a car with twice the miles of cars being offered in the 140s and expect a fast sale. How can you not look at the market before you put your car online?

Looks pretty out of place as is, but what if it was matched with a CF Top/Engine Bay Cover? I wouldn't think of it as better than stock, but it would make for a unique and somewhat clean two-tone. Basically I'm talking about an SE with a black hood.

"THE CAR WAS IN THE DUBB CAR SHOW IN DETROIT IN 2008. PLEASE EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS."

That explains everything.