Wow, Nice job police officer.

Skyline818

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Harford County man now faces up to five years in prison after he recorded a bizarre traffic stop last month in Harford County.

Anthony Graber was riding his motorcycle with a camera attached to his helmet recording his ride.

It happened near the Riverside exit of I-95. A Maryland State trooper in an unmarked car pulled over Graber for speeding. The trooper is seen in a YouTube video that Graber posted, jumping out of the car and tells Graber "Get off the motorcycle, get off the motorcycle! Get off the motor cycle, State Police."

The trooper is seen pulling his gun immediately after getting out of the unmarked car. It's not until five seconds after he exits the car that he identifies himself a Maryland State trooper.

Click on the video to the right to watch the story by ABC2 News investigative reporter, Brian Kuebler

Whats your problem with it? I dont see that he did anything wrong.

Whats your problem with it? I dont see that he did anything wrong.

Unmarked car , no badge identifying him self , not pulled over with a marked police car is just my problem with it.

:).

Unmarked car , no badge identifying him self , not pulled over with a marked police car is just my problem with it.

:).

Tough shit.

Theres a MARKED car pulled up behind him.... The unmarked car simply assisted in the arrest.

He IDed himself as he got out of the car .... He said "Get off the bike State Police." The Bike started to back up.... The bike is as deadly a weapon as a gun.... Cop pulled his gun just until the biker complied. End of incident.

Tough shit.

Theres a MARKED car pulled up behind him.... The unmarked car simply assisted in the arrest.

He IDed himself as he got out of the car .... He said "Get off the bike State Police." The Bike started to back up.... The bike is as deadly a weapon as a gun.... Cop pulled his gun just until the biker complied. End of incident.

What? He says ''get off the motorcycle'' like 4 times and I'd back down as well if I see someone grabbing for his gun, he should have said ''STATE POLICE , get off ... now''.

I would have shit my pants, no idea why a cop should automatically grab for his gun to handle this situation. Seems like they expect 80% would run away.

What? He says ''get off the motorcycle'' like 4 times and I'd back down as well if I see someone grabbing for his gun, he should have said ''STATE POLICE , get off ... now''.

I would have shit my pants, no idea why a cop should automatically grab for his gun to handle this situation. Seems like they expect 80% would run away.

:icon_thumleft:

I would think there is a much greater chance of someone acting irrationally to a totally unidentified man who has pulled a gun on you over someone who has stepped out of the car and the first word out of there mouth is 'Police'.

Tough shit.

And WHAT about the situation warrants a 5 year prison sentence??

That the rider started walking the bike back as a (as far as he knew at the time) random guy with a gun cuts him off and starts coming towards him??

That the rider backing the bike up just MUST have meant that he was planning on running the officer over, turning this into some sort of "threatening an officer with a deadly weapon" issue??

Im not understanding. Please, make this make sense

Wow... That situation could of escalated VERY quickly if the rider had a firearm. If some guy with a gun rushed out of a car that just blocked me like that I would of had my gun out VERY quickly. Probably a bit faster than him getting to the part where he says "state police".

The 5 years thing is the max penalty and probably includes speeding/reckless/whatever else they found on the tape. Doubt he will serve any time at all.

In a perfect world the cop should have said announced himself as a Police officer first, but did so in a reasonable amount of time. I don't think he did anything wrong.

Same goes for the rider. He did what I think anyone would have done, which is back away from a guy waving a gun at him. As soon as he knew it was a cop, he stopped backing away and the cop put his weapon away. End of story.

Why anyone would get 5 years of prison for that is beyond me. Did he get it for speeding?

He's not getting five years. He spent 26 hours in jail and was released.

The problem I have is after the video made it to youtube they tried to get the guy on wiretapping charges (the 5 year thing) , then they also decided to raid his parents home. Once the judge read the report the wiretapping charges were dropped.

How could they get him on wiretapping charges simply for recording a cop?

How is that any different from what Rob is doing in the Superspeeder videos when he records getting pulled over?

I don't see anything wrong with this to be honest. It's not as if the gun was aimed at the rider. I clicked through the video and saw someone riding their motorcycle like a jackass through traffic.

We don't know if the police department has an APB for someone on a bike that robbed a bank, or a call in on someone weaving through traffic.

This is just another example of people hating on cops for not being perfect. Get over it.

I'd say it was excessive.....he wasn't trying to elude the trooper. Thats protocal on a traffic stop? exit your unmarked car with a gun drawn and bark out orders without IDing yourself?

He didn't break leather until the guy started walking the bike back. I would be a hundred bucks that unmarked car has lights on the front of it. Also, he assisted in the pull over, the marked car was pulling over from behind. I could just as easily surmise, from that video, the thought, "here goes the biker, gonna make a run for it."

I am not a fan of cops, but I am also not a fan of fanning the fire between cop and motorist by blowing things out of proportion.

I don't see anything wrong with this to be honest. It's not as if the gun was aimed at the rider. I clicked through the video and saw someone riding their motorcycle like a jackass through traffic.

We don't know if the police department has an APB for someone on a bike that robbed a bank, or a call in on someone weaving through traffic.

This is just another example of people hating on cops for not being perfect. Get over it.

You got to be kidding me ''hating on the cops'' , what if the biker pissed off the cop (I thought I saw him passing by in the movie), they both stopped because he got cut off and thought they were about to fight ...

The cop is a fcuking moron for pulling out his gun and not immediately identifying himself, things go wrong because of situations like these. You know what could happen in only 3 sec.

I would have floored that bike if I saw someone coming at me with a gun and shouting at me that I had to get off.

It's not a necessity to use a gun for each situation.

Like this isn't threatening enough...

cop.jpg

You got to be kidding me ''hating on the cops'' , what if the biker pissed off the cop (I thought I saw him passing by in the movie), they both stopped because he got cut off and thought they were about to fight ...

The cop is a fcuking moron for pulling out his gun and not immediately identifying himself, things go wrong because of situations like these. You know what could happen in only 3 sec.

I would have floored that bike if I saw someone coming at me with a gun and shouting at me that I had to get off.

It's not a necessity to use a gun for each situation.

No, the kid drives like an idiot, the police pulled him over, he started to back up and the officer drew his weapon. Good for the officer. Officers die for being lax in drawing their weapon. I am 100% on the side of the officer for what he did in the video. It is what happened after the video hit youtube that is wrong.

Youre all missing the fact that there is a MARKED POLICE CAR, WITH THE OFFICER OUT OF THE VEHICLE AT 26 seconds of the first video. Was it BEAMED DOWN by fcuking SCOTTIE? The rider TURNS HIS HEAD AROUND (The first and only time he does this) at the 3 minute mark of the SECOND VIDEO, just before he gets pulled over (my guess is thats the reason there is conveniently no audio on the second video.... SOMETHING told him to look back).... Regardless... He knew he was being stopped by the fcuking cops.

He gets pinned in by traffic, the marked car comes up behind him and the unmarked car, pulls in front of him.... for about two seconds he "thinks" about taking off again.... Then he sees the gun and realizes they arent fcuking around.

As far as the "Wiretapping" thing- Yes... That is and was nonsense.

So.....if the biker decides to run...for whatever reason....he should get SHOT for speeding? C'mon....cop out of control, again.

How could they get him on wiretapping charges simply for recording a cop?

How is that any different from what Rob is doing in the Superspeeder videos when he records getting pulled over?

Those laws can vary state to state.

This is one of those situations where he made the police look pretty silly for brandishing a firearm when it wasn't necessary at all. So the police 'fight back' by trumping up charges for this wiretap bullshit.

This is also the same police department that beat that student senseless and then blamed his injuries on the horse (which never touched him) - So they're not doing too well these days...

At 2:26 in the second video the motorcyclist passed the unmarked police car at a pretty fast speed. I bet the sirens and rollers lit up shortly after.

By 3:00 the sirens and lights had to be going full force because the guy turned around. Instead of pulling over immediately into the shoulder he kept driving.

Big surprise the cop was pissed. And with a camera strapped to the helmet it's pretty obvious the guy wanted to do some speeding. People don't tape themselves doing the speed limit.

And to top it all off the idiot posts it on YouTube. If it were me that video would have disappeared.

The guy on the bike is backing away from the car that pulled right in front of him. If you were walking and a car pulled right in front of you, would you just stand there...no, you would back up a few steps. Looks to me like the biker backed away a little more since the guy pulled a gun and didn't say who he was. The cop was also reaching for his gun the moment he opened his door.