$258 Million dollar powerball winner..

Guest skokos

I wonder if it would even be possible to hide it if you won, from your friends at least. All of a sudden you have a nice car and travel a lot, taking everyone on trips. Friends want to go to Applebees for dinner and you want to go to the best place in town.. I would give it 3 weeks before your friends realize something is amiss, or you confess that you won/inherited SOMETHING. So now your lifestyle vs everyone elses. Friends working you are trying to have fun kite surfing. They don't want to go to place X cause it is too expensive and you do..

More money more problems :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest skokos
IMO the best thing to do if you won such a lottery and TRULY did not want the money at all would be to just give the whole thing to a charity.

You show me 1 person besides ELRIC ( :lol2: ) and mother Theresa who would go from having nothing to having $258 million and decide they would rather give it away and still have nothing.

Yea, fcuk that! Keep the money and do with it as you please.

If you want to go out to the fancy places and your friends can't afford to, either pay for them or get new friends.

If your old friends become shitty, they weren't really your friends so fcuk them and let them be poor.

If you want to go out to the fancy places and your friends can't afford to, either pay for them or get new friends.

If your old friends become shitty, they weren't really your friends so fcuk them and let them be poor.

Uh huh. so you pay once, twice.... when does it stop? I have no problem letting my friends borrow things from me or even have them, but going out all the time and you being the person paying? I guess I don't have a problem with it if I am loaded, but at what point would you feel you are getting taken advantage of? It would have to be a trade off where they bring something to the table, even if it is not kissing my ass (thank god my friends are like this)

Uh huh. so you pay once, twice.... when does it stop? I have no problem letting my friends borrow things from me or even have them, but going out all the time and you being the person paying? I guess I don't have a problem with it if I am loaded, but at what point would you feel you are getting taken advantage of? It would have to be a trade off where they bring something to the table, even if it is not kissing my ass (thank god my friends are like this)

I know my friends well so I wouldn't be worried about the old ones. They would do for me what they could when they could. new friends, it would be up to me to determine if they are 'holding their end up' (e.g., paying for drinks before dinner, inviting me to functions, etc.). It's pretty easy to see when people are taking advantage of you (at least I think so) and that's when not only do you cut them loose, but you fcuk them over in the process! :lol2:

Smart people stay anonymous, white trash does not :eusa_dance:

Had I won this kind of money, I wouldn't tell anyone, and have some real fun with friends and family for a while :icon_mrgreen:

As some allready said, going public with this kind of winning will make it impossible to get real friends, girlfriends, advice etc. Eveyone wants a piece.

Dude, not only that, but if you held in your hand a ticket worth 285mill... would you let the ticket out of your hand soo non chalantly? If that redneck retard handed me the ticket, Id be like nope dude... sorry you lost.... Ill throw it away for you... LOL

And who the fcuk is that calm winning that much money... fcuk... Id shit myself let alone a hillbilly like that!

Dude, not only that, but if you held in your hand a ticket worth 285mill... would you let the ticket out of your hand soo non chalantly? If that redneck retard handed me the ticket, Id be like nope dude... sorry you lost.... Ill throw it away for you... LOL

And who the fcuk is that calm winning that much money... fcuk... Id shit myself let alone a hillbilly like that!

:iamwithstupid:

It would NEVER leave my possession until I had the cash in my bank account!

And I know if I won that much money I'd be running up and down the street going insane!!! I'd probably even buy a Ferrari!!!! :lol2:

It would NEVER leave my possession until I had the cash in my bank account!

And I know if I won that much money I'd be running up and down the street going insane!!! I'd probably even buy a Ferrari!!!! :lol2:

Safebox bro, the last thing you want to do is keep a 258mil ticket with you. Your own financial advisor or lawyer would jump over the table and stab you in the neck with the pen to get it.. and he will have enough money to pay everyone in the office off. :icon_mrgreen:

Exactly! If you can't live off that (by financing any HUGE purchases--e.g., Veyrons, boats, homes, etc.) then you don't know what the fcuk you're doing!

:lol2:

You show me 1 person besides ELRIC ( :lol2: ) and mother Theresa who would go from having nothing to having $258 million and decide they would rather give it away and still have nothing.

Actually, some years ago, I did read about a Catholic woman who won something like this, got around $110 million, so she gave about $45 million to the Catholic church.

As for friends, I think if you suddenly become wealthy and you want to go to some fancy restaurant when you know your friends can't really afford it, then you offer to treat them or else you look like a dick because you know they cannot afford it. Now if they start taking advantage of you (expecting you to take them to a fancy dinner every week), well yeah that's different, but if YOU bring it up once in awhile and know they cannot really afford it, offer to pay.

For regular restaurants, then yeah, tell them to pay their own way, you are not a walking ATM.

Guest skokos
Actually, some years ago, I did read about a Catholic woman who won something like this, got around $110 million, so she gave about $45 million to the Catholic church.

That will buy ALOT of lube.

Safebox bro, the last thing you want to do is keep a 258mil ticket with you. Your own financial advisor or lawyer would jump over the table and stab you in the neck with the pen to get it.. and he will have enough money to pay everyone in the office off. :icon_mrgreen:

I'd sit in my house armed to the teeth staring at the door! :lol2:

As for friends, I think if you suddenly become wealthy and you want to go to some fancy restaurant when you know your friends can't really afford it, then you offer to treat them or else you look like a dick because you know they cannot afford it. Now if they start taking advantage of you (expecting you to take them to a fancy dinner every week), well yeah that's different, but if YOU bring it up once in awhile and know they cannot really afford it, offer to pay.

For regular restaurants, then yeah, tell them to pay their own way, you are not a walking ATM.

That will buy ALOT of lube.

:lol2:!!!!! I was gunna say that will buy a lot of settlements but I like yours better!!!!!!

You think a guy with no teeth understands stocks, TBills, investments, lump sums, and opportunity costs?

Think of the profile of people that play lotteries regularly - people on fixed income, the poor, the uneducated, and so forth. This guy barely understands how to put his shoes on.

Those that have a tenth of what he has will live better than him for their entire lives because they have what he will never have - drive, passion, and intelligence.

Those that have a tenth of what he has will live better than him for their entire lives because they have what he will never have - drive, passion, and intelligence.

....a sister who is not also a girlfriend?

or you have a business that generates 20 to 30 % of passive income on your investment and you don't need $85 mil to bring in $100k/month and live the same lifestyle that you just described :icon_mrgreen:

To a smart cookie $1 mil is equal to $100 mil in the hand of a "clown"

agreed, but at my age (27), I would do some traveling, and enjoy my life a little as I have worked for the past 12 years nonstop. Once I get bored of relaxing with my $100,000/month of disposable income, I would look into business investments.

Honestly though, at that point IMO, owning a business would be something I enjoy doing, not something I NEED to do for income.

I remember several years back reading a story about this couple who won the Powerball. I foresee the same faith for the toothless wonder.

Ky. lottery winner found dead

NEWPORT, Ky. (AP) — A woman who won a $65.4 million Powerball jackpot with her husband five years ago was found dead at her home overlooking the Ohio River. Police said she had been dead for days before anyone found her.

Virginia Metcalf Merida's son found her dead Wednesday. Campbell County Police are awaiting autopsy results and toxicology results before announcing a cause of death.

Investigators said there was no sign of forced entry at the 5,000-square-foot, custom-built geodesic dome house that Merida, 51, bought for $559,000 in 2000.

Her husband, Mack Wayne Metcalf, died in 2003 at age 45 while living in a replica of George Washington's Mount Vernon estate built in Corbin. His death followed multiple run-ins with the law in the days following the lottery win.

When they won the jackpot, the couple refused dozens of interview requests but told lottery officials they were going separate ways to fulfill lifelong dreams. Merida was quitting her job making corrugated boxes and planned to buy a home. Metcalf, a forklift operator, wanted to start a new life in Australia.

The couple split the winnings of the $3 ticket bought at a Florence truck stop and opted to take a $34.1 million lump sum instead of annual installments. Merida took 40%, or $13.6 million, while Metcalf moved to Corbin with the remaining $20.5 million.

Neighbors said Merida shunned attention successfully until last December, when a body was found in her home.

Campbell County Deputy Coroner Al Garnick confirmed that a man died of a drug overdose at the home, but he couldn't recall the person's name. Official records were unavailable because of the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Merida had used part of her winnings to buy a second home, but when she tried to evict the resident of the home, the renter sued her in Hamilton County (Ohio) Common Pleas Court. A hearing in the case is scheduled for Wednesday.

Carol Terrell Lawson, who is still renting the home, said Thursday that she never met Merida in person and only learned of the death after reporters began calling her.

David Huff, who bought the Mount Vernon look-alike home from Metcalf's estate, said Metcalf died of multiple ailments complicated by alcoholism.

"It was a classic case of a person who never had anything and didn't know how to handle it," Huff said. "I think things went from bad to worse when he got the money."

After winning the jackpot, Metcalf was first ordered to pay $31,000 in back child support. Court workers in Kenton County said at the time that he was behind in support payments for his daughter from his first marriage since 1986. A judge ordered him to establish an $800,000 trust fund to take care of his daughter's future needs.

A month after winning the lottery win, a Boone County judge issued a warrant for Metcalf's arrest after he failed to appear in court on a drunken driving charge. It turned out that Metcalf had crashed into several parked cars while driving drunk through a mall parking lot a month before he won the lottery.

Metcalf eventually served four days on the DUI conviction but not before he was fined for causing a bar brawl in Florence.

He also sued to reclaim $500,000 that he allegedly gave to a woman while he was drunk.

Court records were unavailable Thursday to determine the outcome of that case.

Metcalf saw the Corbin home he eventually bought and liked it so much that he made an offer. He asked the owner what it would take to buy the home, complete with all the furnishings, and then handed over the asking price, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported Saturday.

The lawyer, Robert Hammons, who still lives in Corbin, declined Thursday to say what he got for the home. The 4,000-square-foot residence estate is on 43 acres, with an outdoor pool and a metal building that would eventually house Metcalf's dozen classic cars.

"It is really a bizarre story," Huff said. "Sad, when you think about it.

This is a hillbilly who said he had $28 in the bank. He doesn't have a clue what he won, he has no concept of that kind of money. And like so many before him he'll end up flat broke within 3-5 years, if it takes that long!

I remember several years back reading a story about this couple who won the Powerball. I foresee the same faith for the toothless wonder.

Twice in FL in recent years lottery winners have been killed for the money by someone they trusted.

If someone handed me a $258 million dollar powerball ticket I would rip it up, throw it in the garbage, and walk away.

pls give it to me if that ever happens.. :icon_mrgreen:

damn i wish i won 258mil..i'll pay to fly everyone from LPower together and party! :eusa_dance:

you are not a walking ATM.

with that amount of money..even a walking ATM can't beat you..i'd give everyone of my best friends 1mil and let everyone be a millionaire!

Exactly, you got the money now it's time to get some new friends :icon_mrgreen:

I don't know why you are even thinking about ''what would my friends want to have/do/act like''.

May sound weird, but if you really want to play it right you have to move 'far' away and not be in touch for a while. Your best friends probably will stay true to you, but you just have to make sure 'the others' will never know. Your lifestyle will change and it's hard to stay the same person. You'll meet new people anyways.

First thing I would do is buy a place in NY/SF, 1 in Malaysia and a few cars and live the good life.

There was one guy I read about who won a lottery and had a bunch of bad things happen to him. His ex-girlfriend successfully sued him for a share of his winnings, his brother hired a hitman to kill him in the hopes of receiving some of the winnings upon his death (some family!), etc...(the hitman failed).