TT reliability / issues:

villains_lambo

Guys - I was at the dealer today and after much debate (and subsequently ensuring that I can actually get a guitar case in the space behind the seats so my bulldog can roll around with me in the car), I decided that I may keep my 08 forever and when I want something different just add to the stable vs. replace...I mean, the car is fukin wonderful :-)

But that also means that I am seriously contemplating boosting the car come Jan/Feb timeframe for next season. That will be right at the end of my warranty, and getting another couple years of engine coverage along with an extra 600hp sounds just about right :-)

So I have been reading and tracking y'alls threads for a while and feel pretty confident that I wouldnt be screwing up the car that I have wanted since I was a little kid, but I am at the dealer and mention that I plan to boost this one and get another in a couple years as a compliment and he ranted for a while about how all of them (outside of the ones that they show in the media or some crap) are having issues...that the tuners cant get them to run right...engine problems, reliability problems, screws the car up...etc. etc. etc. (also that resale is crap...which i give a shit less about).

I didnt really get into it with him, but I have a feeling I would be reading about issues on the various forums just like we are reading about everyone loving their newfound insane gobs of power...and that really just hasnt been the case. but rather than assuming, I figured I would ask?

so - whats the tally? blown engines? pooched cars in some form or fashion? anything? or just big fukin smiles and blistering speed?

TIA

Ultimately, you're going to be dealing with a 1k hp car, sometimes shit breaks and it's just a fact of life. Outside of that there is no reason it should be any less reliable than a stock car. As long as you keep good fuel in it everything should be great other than some accelerated wear on various disposable parts.

If it's tuned safe and nothing goes foul it should run for 100k miles with nary a problem.

no doubt, I know what it's like to double the power on a car and I'm not holding my breath that nothing will ever go wrong, but I feel that way about it stock/with software and exhaust/whatever.

Dealer cited some guy named Graham I think? from his reference I assume he does business with Lambo Denver, so maybe he is out here...but I guess he has had tons of issues...but if so, who is he? where are the reports? who did the build? etc. I mean we have guys with thousands of miles on non-built motors running boost without issue from what I understand...

no doubt, I know what it's like to double the power on a car and I'm not holding my breath that nothing will ever go wrong, but I feel that way about it stock/with software and exhaust/whatever.

Dealer cited some guy named Graham I think? from his reference I assume he does business with Lambo Denver, so maybe he is out here...but I guess he has had tons of issues...but if so, who is he? where are the reports? who did the build? etc. I mean we have guys with thousands of miles on non-built motors running boost without issue from what I understand...

a good number of people on this forum have put thousands of miles on their tt cars and never once had a problem, or nothing terrible if they went to the major tuners.

sprite basically dd his lambo and i'm pretty sure he never had a problem.

you should be good on the reliability front

While I don't have thousands of miles on mine, the thing runs like a top. No issues, starts easy and runs smooth. I think he is smoking crack.

I would go with the TT kit, I think you will be just fine. I have supreme confidence in what Jason does at Heffners as most on this forum do. Can something go wrong, sure... Is it likely, I just don't think so. Go out, get double the HP and drive your arse off!

The reliability will be as good as the system you go with. If you get a great build where everything is done right, you should have equal or greater reliability than stock. It's a matter of tolerances. If things are built to higher tolerances than stock, you end up with greater reliability!

Go for it!

Sweet...that's what I thought, cause I know these forum's well enough that if people were out droppin 60-80k+ and having huge drama that it would be all over the place. I plan to build for crazy power and run slightly conservative. I am also thinking that a tune for running up here at altitude may be in order...but regardless, I'm doing it.

any other feedback is welcome, but I'm stoked and I knew that had to be some crap. resale - sure, limited audience/high dollar mods/...but whatever, I'm not building it for someone else to enjoy or just to sell it :-)

I got a nice summer left to enjoy stock life and once it gets shitty enough not to drive, I'm checkin it in for boost :-)

I have 6K miles on my GTT that is on the STOCK motor. I am pushing it to the extreme limit like a maniac and the car has not had a hiccup. If I can do that with the stock short block and not have a single issue, I think you will have nothing to worry about!!

That oughta put your mind at rest..;) DO IT!

i have 5k miles on my Heffner TT without a hic-up.

if i had a choice to do it again, i would with out a doubt!

if you need any info pm me

Villain,

On all of our packages we carry a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. The 1000 WHP on pump gas is out most popular upgrade! See link below.

http://www.undergroundracing.com/vehicles/...i-gallardo.html

I know and am seriously considering the UGR package, but regardless of warranty if they are always in getting tweaked cause the car hiccups or has hesitations during power or doesnt idle right or some kinda crap, then that would clearly be annoying as hell considering I just want to go pound on it :-)

doesnt sound like the case though, and honestly it's what I expect from a dealer to say. i'm stoked :-)

I would go with the words spoken here over some random ass guy.

On a sidenote, I just nosed around on Heffner's site again - they said they are only running 7lbs on the 560 package. As far as reliability issues go, I would think running 30 or some insane number like that would yield insane (and less reliable) performance. 7 seems relatively safe.

What do you guys run? Or what CAN be run?

I know and am seriously considering the UGR package, but regardless of warranty if they are always in getting tweaked cause the car hiccups or has hesitations during power or doesnt idle right or some kinda crap, then that would clearly be annoying as hell considering I just want to go pound on it :-)

doesnt sound like the case though, and honestly it's what I expect from a dealer to say. i'm stoked :-)

Once they go out they dont come back unless they are getting more upgrades. :icon_mrgreen:

Ive done some 8000 miles with my TT setup on my stock engine, and numerous 190+ mph runs, the stock motor is pretty strong.

In fact Im thinking for my engine build "sometime" I wont do the bore liner job, just rods and pistons and see if I cant make it run about 15 psi without issues, which I belive will e 900+ bhp.

Good luck and dont worry,

Nicolas Kiesa

• 4 weeks later...
Once they go out they dont come back unless they are getting more upgrades. :icon_mrgreen:

On your $35k package with the stock engine, what does that include?

Edwin

Only TT I've heard that had problems was Ben's. For specifics on the problems you should PM Ben.

I'm curious as to why that situation was never publicly disclosed....

On your $35k package with the stock engine, what does that include?

Edwin

650 WHP using Pump Gas

800+ WHP using Race Gas

Underground Racing Custom Twin Turbo System

Custom twin BILLET 62mm Precision Turbochargers

TiAL billet wastegates and billet blow off valves

Custom fabricated stainless steel exhaust using aircraft quality metal

Ultra lightweight stainless steel mufflers

Custom fabricated stainless steel air induction using aircraft quality metal

Custom Air/Water intercooler system with high flow water pump

Custom ice water reservoir

High flow intercooler water heat exchanger

Crankcase ventilation system

K&N air filters

Show quality polishing on turbo compressor, intercooler and charge piping.

Custom heat shielding and high quality heat wrap

Exhaust Finish Options:high temp heat coating or polished mirror finish

High quality silicone hose

High pressure T-bolt clamps for intake pressure tubes

High quality v-band clamps for exhaust connections

Fuel System

Two custom billet fuel pump hangers with high flow fuel pumps

Custom aluminum fuel rails

All Aeroquip stainless steel fuel line and aluminum fittings

Aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Upgraded fuel injectors

Tuning

AEM Engine Management System

GReddy Electronic boost controller

Custom wiring harness

Professional dyno and streetability

650 WHP using Pump Gas

800+ WHP using Race Gas

K&N air filters

Fuel System

Upgraded fuel injectors

Tuning

Custom wiring harness

What kind of power is possible with the race gas option, if the race gas is 100 octane pump gas (Rockett Brand). For example, what power level would Ronnie's car (4-sale on UGR website), reach on 8psi 10psi.

• 2 weeks later...
650 WHP using Pump Gas

800+ WHP using Race Gas

K&N air filters

Fuel System

Upgraded fuel injectors

Tuning

Custom wiring harness

Thanks. Are there any other "upgrades" that you recommend? New clutch perhaps?

Edwin

I'm curious as to why that situation was never publicly disclosed....

Ben had a thread about it on LP, but I heard more straight from him.