GT2 RS Leaked

Jim G

Porsche 911 GT2 RS: Coming in September 2010, first picture and more intel here first!

May 4, 2010

Breaking news about Porsche here today: Porsche has shown the rumored and spy shot Porsche 911 GT2 RS (yes, you are reading that right!) to all dealers in Germany yesterday and we have the first picture and more intel here first! Official press info is scheduled for 14th May. Stay tuned!

the new porsche 997 GT2 RS is coming this year in september. 240.000 euro ! faster than carrera gt !!!

Thanks to Manu for the tip!

Tags: breaking news, Featured, Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Share|

Porsche 911 GT2 RS: Coming in September 2010, first picture and more intel here first!

May 4, 2010

Breaking news about Porsche here today: Porsche has shown the rumored and spy shot Porsche 911 GT2 RS (yes, you are reading that right!) to all dealers in Germany yesterday and we have the first picture and more intel here first! Official press info is scheduled for 14th May. Stay tuned!

the new porsche 997 GT2 RS is coming this year in september. 240.000 euro ! faster than carrera gt !!!

Thanks to Manu for the tip!

Tags: breaking news, Featured, Porsche 911 GT2 RS

Share|

Apparent specs:

The new GT2 RS is reportedly packing 620 hp and will come in nearly 200 pounds lighter than the current GT2. The 0-62 mph time is pegged at 3.2 seconds with a rumored 'Ring time of... wait for it... 7:22 – the same as the Dodge Viper ACR.

All intakes are shrouded in carbon fiber and from the pic i saw the side intakes on the rear quarter are larger. Also the interior will be very raw with fabric door releases. Overall, it doesnt look much different then the GT2 to start with. They need to make it colorful like the GT3RS's. I think that would add a nice touch and bit of distinction.

Apparent specs:

The new GT2 RS is reportedly packing 620 hp and will come in nearly 200 pounds lighter than the current GT2. The 0-62 mph time is pegged at 3.2 seconds with a rumored 'Ring time of... wait for it... 7:22 – the same as the Dodge Viper ACR.

Methinks it will beat the ACR's 7:22 time easy. It wont be suffering from poor gearing for the Nurburgring and shouldnt be held back up top by huge downforce on that long straightaway. 3k lbs with 620hp and maybe PDK. Im guessing ZR1 like straighline performance. 10's @133mph in the 1/4 and around 179-180mph in the standing mile.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

its 240 euro's so the car is $315,000

Figure $240,000 in reality ($260,000 with 'options').

of course to Porche, the wheels, tires, pedals, steering wheel, seats, interior, and engine are all optional extras.

The 0-62 mph time is pegged at 3.2 seconds with a rumored 'Ring time of... wait for it... 7:22 – the same as the Dodge Viper ACR.

as much as i love Porsches those numbers are surely about the same as the PDK?

This car isnt really meant to improve upon the straight line acceleration of the Turbo, this thing is meant to be a hardcore track spec Porsche. In the end the difference should be in things like lap times and shit like that. I find it hard that ill see $150,000 worth of time cut for a car that doesnt look that much different then the GT2....

The 997.2 TT PDK ran a 0-60 in 2.9. I bet this runs 2.7 IF it can hook. If the rears don't, it may be the same 2.9-3.2

Anyone else notice LVERIC's stable at the top of the linked website? I wonder what ever happened to that guy?

Methinks it will beat the ACR's 7:22 time easy. It wont be suffering from poor gearing for the Nurburgring and shouldnt be held back up top by huge downforce on that long straightaway. 3k lbs with 620hp and maybe PDK. Im guessing ZR1 like straighline performance. 10's @133mph in the 1/4 and around 179-180mph in the standing mile.

Ha.....Looks like my prediction for the GT2 RS was spot on. Easily beat the ACR's 7:22 time. Bravo Porsche. Nasty nasty GT2 RS. Now waiting to see if its as fast as I think it will be. :eusa_dance: