Our day with the Superleggera

thank you guys for the write up, it is good to know that the car is described as being impressive by the owner of a 1000 HP Gallardo :icon_thumleft:

The wheels look good but the car needs to be lowered just a bit, do you know if it comes with adjustable suspension as the earlier G?

I am surprised how nice the yellow one looks, but no photos of the white cars :(

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then in the middle of this glorious car day, here are these two panjandrums who wouldn't shut up. All they kept talking about was how they buy their jeans from the same store.

DSC00224.JPG

Wasnt that the guy you were tap dancing in the stall in the mens bathroom to?

Sounds like a good time.

Reviews were the same when 08 SL was out regarding it not being any different than a 08 regular coupe, looks like history repeats itself... really wish they had learned from the semi failure and slow sales of the previous SL and made some more changes/upgrades to further set it apart and feel more unique. Never a good thing to spend all that money R&Ding, building, shipping all over the world, renting tracks, hiring staff and inviting enthusiasts for a test drive only to later read the reviews as "It doesn't feel any different or better than the regular coupe".

Thanks for the pics and write ups guy.

I think you would need more time with the car in different conditions to be able to have more of an idea,

for the conditions Allan and crew seem to be very happy with the car, give them the car for a week or so the reviews might differ.

THE car to own in this segment, IMO.

any of the colors work well, but i think the SL in verde ithaca would be perfection.

i wonder how it'll hold up against the next scuderia/CS version of the 458...

THE car to own in this segment, IMO.

any of the colors work well, but i think the SL in verde ithaca would be perfection.

i wonder how it'll hold up against the next scuderia/CS version of the 458...

I think that by the time Ferrari comes out with a Scuderia competitor for the 570SL, the new Gallardo-replacement would be debuting.

So I agree with a lot of what Allan and Deuce have said but here's my take.

First, I got to say thanks to the execs of Lamborghini. I don't know of another car company that will have their CEO, CFO, Head of Sales and Head of Service at a driving event. On top of that, each one of them was interacting with the participants.

I like the 570 a lot. The styling and the especially the interior are lights out. The car drove great, even with bald ass tires. Once you got the feel of how it would handle you could slide it nicely and the 4wd was impressive. The CCM's worked great. If these cars were Balboni's or 2wd it would have been a drift competition by the time we got into them cause the tires were gone. I didn't notice any super urge to under steer or plow. But as Allan pointed out, it is not that much different from a normal 560 when it comes to normal performance. On the track, yes, I'm sure it is a step above. But as far as straight line speed, it felt a little quicker, but that was it. We were able to get into 4th gear on the main straight but only for a second. I wish we would have had a larger venue to see more of what the car could do. My only other gripe was I'm not a fan of the structure of the paddles. They are too clunky and need to be thinner and more ergonomically designed.

The interior is awesome. Its all glossy carbon fiber and alcantara. Driving position is great, controls are easy to reach. You have the option of sport seats or regular seats. I would take the regular seats only because my size makes the sport seats too narrow.

I love the look of the car, black would be my instant choice. The exhaust tips look super mean in person surrounded by the carbon rear diffuser. Deuce mentioned the wheels. He and I were not the biggest fans. But they did grow on me and I would have them painted black for a black car. I think that would look hot. Or maybe a set of super deep ADV1 8's would look sick as well.

It was a great day, made even more so by the constant screams of F-22 Raptors and F-16 Falcons flying over our heads!

Im going to disagree with you on few points, especially when having to do with the lambo execs... First off during lunch we overheard one of them telling the people to get everyone down to the cars as soon as possible... as this was better for THEM.... Second... Winkelmann didnt really speak with anyone that we noticed. He never spoke during the introduction... he sat by the tent during the drives and generally fraternised with the other Lambo employees.

As for Lambo management... I generally found them extremely disappointing. First off we asked them if we could strap our cameras to the cars, and their response was nothing more than "No! absolutely not!" and they walked off... No explanation, no saying it in a nice way... just completely brushed us off.. Next... the event was supposed to last until 4:30pm. After our drive we waited abit and then came back to drive again, as in the beginning we were advised we could. We waited for about 30minutes, and they again simply walked up to everyone and and pointed their finger barking " did you drive yet" Soon as they found out everyone had driven once...they once again barked @ us" Finito" when we asked if we could drive again.. and yet again walked off... This was just after 3:00 pm.

So yes its true they spent abit of money on the presentation, but the fact remains as did we..... The reality is we each spent about 10 minutes in the cars...

I believe the interaction between the execs and customers leaves alot to be desired.

Interesting thread with good info.

The black SL would be my choice. I like the wheels, but I agree they don't seem aggressive enough for the car.

I like the wheels, but don't really like that car in black. Yellow would probably be my choice.

who's filming?

Allan's Wife. Thats her voice and she's the only one I know that can sit in the passenger side of a G car and not reach the floor boards. lol

thanks for the info. very well done.

a possible upgrade from my LP560-4, especially for track days.

I am surprised that the CEO of the company is around and it was such a small event, in other events from Ferrari and Porsche I have never spoken to the President or CEO of the company, actually they never show up at customer events. This is quite a difference from other companies and other management. Never seen di Montezemolo speaking with everyday customer, unless they buy an FXX or own a collection of GTOs.....

Good or bad is definitely a unique opportunity.

I agree, I am not a fan of the wheels, but they certainly don't look awful.

This is a bad ass car, no doubt!!

More shots hitting the web. Bunch from lexzion, including the President of the Britney Spears' fanclub in the yellow SL.

:icon_thumleft:

Vegas_01.jpg

Vegas_02.jpg

Vegas_03.jpg

Vegas_04.jpg

More shots hitting the web. Bunch from lexzion, including the President of the Britney Spears' fanclub in the yellow SL.

:icon_thumleft:

leave Britney alone!

Here is my take on the new SL When the new 560-4 first came out I drove them at the same track in the same way as this event except the tires were not shot like the ones on the SL I found the SL to feel a bit lighter and more nimble then the 560, stiffer ride, harder shifts, in the corners you had to take it easy because of the lack of traction and when 6 cars are tailing each other around the track all with dead tires and 1 spins in the turn Lambo factory gets a big bill we don't get invited back. If I was buying a G as a daily driver I would go for the 560-4 if it was a weekend toy it would be the 570SL. It just looks hot and has to perform better by being lighter and stiffer and more power. Comparing the parts side by side standard to new light weight I was suprized by the difference between the leather and the Alcantara I thought it was BS but there was a big difference also the seats and door panels made a big difference. They seemed to also improve the feel of the CCB ,on the first GSL they were to grabby these were OK All in all it would be hard for any performance minded guy to pick the 560 over the 570SL

Here is my take on the new SL When the new 560-4 first came out I drove them at the same track in the same way as this event except the tires were not shot like the ones on the SL I found the SL to feel a bit lighter and more nimble then the 560, stiffer ride, harder shifts, in the corners you had to take it easy because of the lack of traction and when 6 cars are tailing each other around the track all with dead tires and 1 spins in the turn Lambo factory gets a big bill we don't get invited back. If I was buying a G as a daily driver I would go for the 560-4 if it was a weekend toy it would be the 570SL. It just looks hot and has to perform better by being lighter and stiffer and more power. Comparing the parts side by side standard to new light weight I was suprized by the difference between the leather and the Alcantara I thought it was BS but there was a big difference also the seats and door panels made a big difference. They seemed to also improve the feel of the CCB ,on the first GSL they were to grabby these were OK All in all it would be hard for any performance minded guy to pick the 560 over the 570SL

Fastlane have you gotten your telemetry to work?

lambo should know better, and have multiple sets of rims/tires at these events...did anyone relay this message to them?

I have not downloaded their software yet but I did run the Video 1 and Video 2 they worked fine after I changed from windows media to another program I only got inside and outside shots no telemetry numbers. I will try to download it now and see what happens.

lambo should know better, and have multiple sets of rims/tires at these events...did anyone relay this message to them?

I think they knew what they should have done after almost everyone complained they also had a Rep. from Pirelli but he didn't do shit or know anything.

When you install the software, you can't just leave the default settings or it won't work. During the install of the ffdshow decoding filter software when there is a long list of codec options, click the boxes next to MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.