So lately Ive been thinking

Wouldn't the Phantom overlap your Bentley GT though? The same way the 997 might overlap the Gallardo after mods?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the more i hear opinions the more my vote goes to a countach:

the older-the better!

since the older they get the more raw they are and the best they look (imo)

once in a weeck old school machine, you have already plenty of new toys and comfortable cars to drive, i think

the diablo is in the middle ...not a classic, not a new car

i own one diablo but i like the countach more, 100% honest

Allan Lambo from what I've gathered you will not be happy with your car collection until you get a Veyron, all this business with older cars etc is BS. If you have to, grab one of those Lotuses or a 99 SV or something else that you like and will hopefully appreciate in value, and don't mod it, and try not to die of boredom in the meantime. I hope it works out for you.

just my 2 cents

Have you thought about just keeping your cars and buying a race car then do track days. Either road racing or auto cross.

Id wait for something to really strike you as desirable, and in the mean time do something different, maybe a dodge challenger with 1000hP.

I was trying to figure out why the R8 was out of the question.. then I found this.

Stop with the R8 suggestions, please. You guys not on the West coast just don't understand how that car in LA and Orange County has been completely taken hostage by the douche-contingent. Literally every owner out here seems to fly his Ed Hardy rhinestone t-shirt and blonde-frosted hair with pride. It's far too soft and feminine a look to ever catch on with the fringe hardcore 35+ year olds who believe a supercar should look like an angular cruise missle from the year 2050. Move on. Same goes for the GTR and Supra, these cars have no appeal to him, even if they could be made to have 2000hp and run 60-130 in 2.5 seconds.

I don't have the funds that some of you guys do.. but what about a Aston V8 Vantage?

Lamborghini LM002........ in yellow?

VIN: ZA9LU45A2LLA12222

Year: 1990

Make: Lamborghini

Model: LM

Style/Body: 4D 4D

Class: Upscale - Ultra

Engine: 5.2L 12 Cyl Unleaded Gas

Country of Assembly: Italy

Vehicle Age: 20 year(s)

Calculated Owners: 5

Calculated Accidents: 0

Last Reported

Odometer Reading: 15,031

post-10425-1276017914.jpg

^^Further check reveals this: AutoCheck for this 1990 Lamborghini LM (ZA9LU45A2LLA12222) an indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values.

04/10/1996 LA PLATA, MD 117 Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:25170181)

NOT ACTUAL MILES

11/21/1999 IRVINE, CA Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE

NOT ACTUAL MILES

Mileage - 13,539 09/10/1999 Possible Odometer Rollback/Rollover .

Last Reported

Hell no

Last Reported

Those are HUMMER H2 mirrors, wtf?

997.2 GT3? You could ask Andrew D or Gallardopete (I see that he's reading the thread right now :) ) how does it compare to Lambos.

997.2 GT3? You could ask Andrew D or Gallardopete (I see that he's reading the thread right now :) ) how does it compare to Lambos.

Would only buy a TT Porsche.

Does look cool, but for a tracktoy, I need something I could drive there.

Still have the Escalade? Get a hitch installed and buy a trailer then pull this to the track.

Still have the Escalade? Get a hitch installed and buy a trailer then pull this to the track.

Escalade is long gone..

I vote Phantom. There is nothing like it and if you get one that's less than 5 years old, everything on it is still covered so it doesn't cost you anything but depreciation (already factored in), insurance, fuel and tires. Everything else is included. Most dealers will even wash it for you. It's not the most exciting thing to drive, but there is NOTHING that drives like it anywhere. You think you get attention from girls now, it's 10X over any Lamborghini. (girls per mile is way higher) Not only that, most restaurants and clubs give it higher status than anything out there. They will always make room for the Phantom and put it right in front of where ever you go. You have the TT and just about anything else will feel like something less, so why buy something that won't really get you out of the TT?

When I looked for other cars, I looked for something that would get me out of the LP640R and the only thing I could think of was either spend a lot more money for just a fraction of better performance, or go with something on the complete opposite edge of the spectrum so I went with the Phantom and I enjoy every mile. It's a pleasant break from the LP670SV, perfect for LA traffic, and it's extremely unique. As for the Drophead, when I bought my RR, their values were going south fast, even faster than the Phantom Sedan. A nice 2006 Phantom will be in the $225k range and it will hold its value well until you're tired of it and can cross it off your been-there-done-that list.

If you're getting rid of the TT, then I'd go with an SV. I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with mine and the refinements are something.

Someone made a comment about a lot of used SVs coming up when the replacement for the Murc comes out. I don't think so. There are fewer than 40 SVs in the US now and as far as anyone knows there will never be any more. Right now from what I hear if you want one new you have your choice of three colors, one yellow, two white (possibly three) and two black, and that's about it.

The GPM stat for the Phantom is SO true. I drove one for a few days on loan from BHRR and it was insane. Absolutely love that car.

How about a mercedes SL65 Black. They're rare, good looking, should respond well to mods, and I'd think would fall somewhere between the bentley and GTT as far as drivability and performance goes. Not sure where they're price wise nowdays though.

Guest Rob Burgundy
How about a "do it yourself" project.

You could drop in anything from a LSX to a twin turbo lexus v-8.

post-10148-1276031751.jpg

http://www.superlitecars.com/coupe_spec.html

With as much shit as Allan and this entire board gives kits cars Im a little suprised you would open yourself up to flaming :)

son_i_am_disappoint.gif

How about a mercedes SL65 Black. They're rare, good looking, should respond well to mods, and I'd think would fall somewhere between the bentley and GTT as far as drivability and performance goes. Not sure where they're price wise nowdays though.

Awesome car, but I hear the ride is not something you want to be rolling around town in. Could be wrong though. And most people wouldn't be able to differentiate the Black Series from any other Benz. I think Allan wants something that is going to turn some heads.

On more than 1 occasion I remember Allan had mentioned he thought the Ultima would be cool for a track car. This seemed like a cool alternative.