Just got a new house!

D.Wiggs

Housewarming party will be happening once the house is cleaned, applianced (don't know if that's a word) and electronified! :)

Thanks for the warning about Viking. I am going to do Wolf Range and micro, Thermador dishwasher, and GE's Monogram 72" fridge!!!

I having the Sub Zero 601's separate left freezer and separate right side fridge put in next week! Cant wait!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Wiggs! Didn't see that coming ;)

Thanks! We need to talk when you are free about those 'ideas'!

congrats on the house love the pool and the house overall, assuming that building behind the pool is the kennel for the danes

:lol2: I'm not sure if the garage doors are tall enough.

Wiggs your house looks like its gonna need some full time staff, a manservant, maid, yard/pool guy(for wifey) and basket ball scrubber should be enough to keep everyone happy.

That's why there are gentiles on this earth! :lol2:

I having the Sub Zero 601's separate left freezer and separate right side fridge put in next week! Cant wait!

Very good choice! Let me know how it turns out! Would love to see pics!

I won't have keys until the 19th or so, so I'm probably not going to order the appliances until mid next week.

Anyone know anything on GE's Monogram line? I have only heard good things online about them and their reliability seems top-notch (unlike Viking). Also, their specs seem to be on par or even better than Wolf.

Wiggs your house looks like its gonna need some full time staff, a manservant, maid, yard/pool guy(for wifey) and basket ball scrubber should be enough to keep everyone happy.

My buddy "Pablo" can help out around the pool............

post-15160-1278691603_thumb.jpg

My buddy "Pablo" can help out around the pool............

:icon_super: :lol2:

I may need to borrow that floor scrubber you have! Can we TT it first?

Anyone know anything on GE's Monogram line? I have only heard good things online about them and their reliability seems top-notch (unlike Viking). Also, their specs seem to be on par or even better than Wolf.

I have GE Profile and never had a problem with any of my appliances.

:icon_super: :lol2:

I may need to borrow that floor scrubber you have! Can we TT it first?

Oh yah.......I will call Kevin and see what kit they make for a Advance Adgressor 3220.....................lol :icon_mrgreen:

I have GE Profile and never had a problem with any of my appliances.

That's what i have now and have never had problems. I was just hoping to go a little more 'high end', although it seems like they have more problems than the cheap stuff. Sounds like cars!!! :lol2:

Oh yah.......I will call Kevin and see what kit they make for a Advance Adgressor 3220.....................lol :icon_mrgreen:

Now we're talking!

That's what i have now and have never had problems. I was just hoping to go a little more 'high end', although it seems like they have more problems than the cheap stuff. Sounds like cars!!! :lol2:

I was expecting something more along the lines of 'The GE Profile is a great, reliable, oven, but it's not a GE! It just doesn't have the presence and build quality of a Monogram'.

I was expecting something more along the lines of 'The GE Profile is a great, reliable, oven, but it's not a GE! It just doesn't have the presence and build quality of a Monogram'.

:lol2:!!! Bravo.

Congrats D.Wiggs. Looks awesome.

It actually is almost completely 100% identical to my house but there's no point in me posting pictures since they look so similar.

I will be at the house warming party. I realize I haven't technically been invited but that never stopped me from going places before, so I'll be there.

Congrats D.Wiggs. Looks awesome.

It actually is almost completely 100% identical to my house but there's no point in me posting pictures since they look so similar.

I will be at the house warming party. I realize I haven't technically been invited but that never stopped me from going places before, so I'll be there.

That's good. We have you reserved in the VIP section. It is in the deep end of the pool at this concrete table (really modern and cool). You have to wear these special lead shoes but the view is amazing and the water is free and fresh.

That's good. We have you reserved in the VIP section. It is in the deep end of the pool at this concrete table (really modern and cool). You have to wear these special lead shoes but the view is amazing and the water is free and fresh.

Still beats my life when I was married.

Still beats my life when I was married.

:lol2:

At first, I read that as "Still beats MY WIFE when Iw as married"!!

At first, I read that as "Still beats MY WIFE when Iw as married"!!

Haha! No, I can see the similarities in that she was sloppy wet and cold as concrete but the similarities end at "the view is amazing".

Haha! No, I can see the similarities in that she was sloppy wet and cold as concrete but the similarities end at "the view is amazing".

Wha...no glass driveway with little fishies swimming underneath??!!! Now you KNOW you have to put D.WIGGS across the backstop cushins behind the hoop and in the middle of the court "Ballah-Style". :lol2:

Congrats!!! :icon_thumleft:

I have heard the same about Viking as they are almost entirely manufactured by Amana. I was in the same boat looking for appliances, but couldn't afford to buy all the high end stuff at 1 time, so I was going to keep the white set I have for my new place. Then I ran across a complete brand new set (tape still on them) of Kenmore stainless applainces on Craigs list that was $4200 new for $1900 cash. So my wife is supposed to go pay the guy today with my father which will check everything out to ensure it works as I am still on the other side of the US. I figure if I want to piece together a nicer set later on, at least the other appliances will already be stainless as opposed to white.

Good luck with the house! I'm just about done painting mine.

The ones I am buying are GE too not Kenmore. Not sure if they are Profile or not though.

Wha...no glass driveway with little fishies swimming underneath??!!! Now you KNOW you have to put D.WIGGS across the backstop cushins behind the hoop and in the middle of the court "Ballah-Style". :lol2:

Congrats!!! :icon_thumleft:

Thanks!!

fcuk fishies; I'm doing sharks underneath!!! :lol2:

And then a HUGE "D.Wiggs" across the gate in black diamonds!

The ones I am buying are GE too not Kenmore. Not sure if they are Profile or not though.

The GE Profile have been great at my current place. I think that their monogram series might be the way to go. I've been trying to do as much research as I can in the short period of time I have, but I'm thinking that some combination of GE and Wolf will be how I go. I'll let you know if they are 'worth it'. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks!!

fcuk fishies; I'm doing sharks underneath!!! :lol2:

And then a HUGE "D.Wiggs" across the gate in black diamonds!

The GE Profile have been great at my current place. I think that their monogram series might be the way to go. I've been trying to do as much research as I can in the short period of time I have, but I'm thinking that some combination of GE and Wolf will be how I go. I'll let you know if they are 'worth it'. :icon_thumleft:

GE fridges are ok....some issues (worst ice maker ever). We have a seven year old one thats on its way out.

Sub Zero, Whirlpool, Thermador, Liebherr, and Fisher & Paykel all make great units.

F&P make an unbelievly quite fridge, and they have almost zero issues.

I will say one thing about Sub Zero, they are currently not the company they once were. Their management is horrible, and is treating the Bakke family like crap. The new management also does not car about dealers, service people, or customers. Old Sub zero stuff was the absolute best. Now I'm not so sure...their stuff from the past 10 years has been so so compared to even 20 years ago. We have Sub Zero fridges from 30 years ago that are still working, and are better units than our friends newer SZ units....and this trend doesn't seem to be coming to a halt.

Some other fridgeinformation...

Kenmore fridges are made by Whirlpool, fridgidaire, GE, Amana, Maytag and LG.

Some GE fridges are made by Samsung. Samsung makes a horrible fridge. These GE fridges are the ones you want to avoid.

Whirlpool owns maytag, Amana, KitchenAid, and Jenn-Air.

I like some of the newer Liebherr units for the following reasons, they have variable speed compressors, evaporator on the back wall, a drain pan on top of the compressor to elimited heater units, DUAL compressors (should one fail you wont lose your food), and half the price of an SZ.

Finally,

Fridges of yesteryear were mechanically controlled, newer units use circuits, low quality circuits that may not last more than 10 years. Because of this I wouldn't go too wild with what I'd spend. Plus in a couple years they will be even more efficient...

Try and speak with your local servicemen, and ask them which units they never have issues with.