Just got a new house!

D.Wiggs

re-doing all appliances with viking in both kitchens

I have been very unhappy with my viking appliances. They look amazing but the range has had 2 gas leaks, the microwave display has gone out 3 times and the Viking Fridge keeps building up ice in the freezer and the fridge part doesnt keep drinks as near as cold as my cheap fridgidaire in the garage. I have unplugged and stop using the Viking icemaker in my bar for too many reasons to mention. I spoke with a buddy who is an executive with electrolux's appliance division and he said the best way to go is Sub Zero Fridge, Wolf Ranges, Thermador or Wolf Ovens and Bosch or electrolux dishwashers and uline icemakers. He told me that he has toured all the factorys and Viking is very lax on the manufacturing process and they sub out lots of parts to sub par manufacturers.

Some of my friends in the neighborhood who also have viking have had lots of problems as well. Especially with the fridges and icemakers.

Love the house btw, your temporary house is nicer than my permanent one :)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the input guys! I did not realize how poor the Viking quality was. I have always associated them with good stuff. I also always see them used solely on Food Network and figured they must be pretty decent. My parents have Sub Z's and like them (except for the 2 minute lockout by the freezer) and AGA stuff. I will look into them now.

Nice house & cars...thx for the pics. Can't wait to see the garage!

Thanks! I hope to have stuff done by the beginning of next month.

I have been very unhappy with my viking appliances. They look amazing but the range has had 2 gas leaks, the microwave display has gone out 3 times and the Viking Fridge keeps building up ice in the freezer and the fridge part doesnt keep drinks as near as cold as my cheap fridgidaire in the garage. I have unplugged and stop using the Viking icemaker in my bar for too many reasons to mention. I spoke with a buddy who is an executive with electrolux's appliance division and he said the best way to go is Sub Zero Fridge, Wolf Ranges, Thermador or Wolf Ovens and Bosch or electrolux dishwashers and uline icemakers. He told me that he has toured all the factorys and Viking is very lax on the manufacturing process and they sub out lots of parts to sub par manufacturers.

Some of my friends in the neighborhood who also have viking have had lots of problems as well. Especially with the fridges and icemakers.

Love the house btw, your temporary house is nicer than my permanent one :)

same here...entire new kitchen was viking..had the microwave display crap out on us...dumped the dishwasher after having to fix it twice. viking service guy was raving about how the dishwasher was made in sweden - wait..don't they also make disposable furniture there? fridge door was also a POS. no more viking for us - way overrated.

D. Wiggs, congrats! BTW what house is that you posted a picture of (the big mansion-looking one you said you want for a permanent place?).

D. Wiggs, congrats! BTW what house is that you posted a picture of (the big mansion-looking one you said you want for a permanent place?).

It is 18-19 Kensington Palace Gardens, London. Use to belong to Bernie of F1 fame who sold it to steel tycoon Lakshmi N Mittal and was considered the world most expensive house at the time when it actually sold for £57,145,967.

That street is called Billionaire row and Mittal has purchased two other buildings in that road for his kids.

Look up Taj Mittal.

Congrats!

Agree on the Viking...

IMHO Sub Zero and Thermador are great....I've never had any issues with them.

Looks good David. Big shack purchase in this environment takes big balls and big wallet so good on you and congratulations on your success :)

Congratulations! That is officially the most decieving piece of architecture and land space usage. Seriously, I saw that first photo and was like "eh?" then saw the back of the house and was thinking "#@#@#((*$?" Kinda deal.

That's awesome, looks pretty sweet, I bet you're going to have a lot of fun with that garage, especially after what you built in Google Sketch!

And in CASH? Now that's ballin. My goal is to live off cash...I hate you all :P

Wiggs, when do you get the keys...... I am available on sat night to break it in.

It is 18-19 Kensington Palace Gardens, London. Use to belong to Bernie of F1 fame who sold it to steel tycoon Lakshmi N Mittal and was considered the world most expensive house at the time when it actually sold for £57,145,967.

That street is called Billionaire row and Mittal has purchased two other buildings in that road for his kids.

Look up Taj Mittal.

I thought it looked a little pricey :lol2:

Congratulations! That is officially the most decieving piece of architecture and land space usage. Seriously, I saw that first photo and was like "eh?" then saw the back of the house and was thinking "#@#@#((*$?" Kinda deal.

That's awesome, looks pretty sweet, I bet you're going to have a lot of fun with that garage, especially after what you built in Google Sketch!

And in CASH? Now that's ballin. My goal is to live off cash...I hate you all :P

:lol2: Thanks! I completely agree on the look. When I got the listing I thought the same thing! Then I saw it and was like, "WOAH!"

Wiggs, when do you get the keys...... I am available on sat night to break it in.

I will find out at noon when we sign papers at the realtor's office. I'll let you know! :)

Housewarming party will be happening once the house is cleaned, applianced (don't know if that's a word) and electronified! :)

Thanks for the warning about Viking. I am going to do Wolf Range and micro, Thermador dishwasher, and GE's Monogram 72" fridge!!!

congrats on the house love the pool and the house overall, assuming that building behind the pool is the kennel for the danes

Wiggs your house looks like its gonna need some full time staff, a manservant, maid, yard/pool guy(for wifey) and basket ball scrubber should be enough to keep everyone happy.