WTF:Veyrons selling at under 1 million USD!?

LAMBEEZY

There are TWO Veyrons on Ebay right now with a Buy it Now at under 1 Million Dollars. What the fcuk? A steal for any Veyron enthusiasts out there with a million lying around!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rob Burgundy

Considering buying a well used out of warranty million dollar sports car I would say that's about right. Can you imagine the out of pocket cost to fix something that breaks on that car that wasn't covered on warranty..a transmisson or a blown engine.

I wonder what a clutch job on a Veyron is. And how many miles the stock DSG clutch lasts until it needs replacement.

I wonder what a clutch job on a Veyron is. And how many miles the stock DSG clutch lasts until it needs replacement.

Stock DSG clutch is easily good for 30K.

Stock DSG clutch is easily good for 30K.

i can't remember where I saw it, but I read on the board that someone claimed a new clutch was needed after just 10 launches?

Definitely not!

Probably the most bulletproof clucht in any production car, or any car at all for that matter.

It might not need anything, but it's probably due[/] for something. You could buy that for $900K and maybe spend $100K on the car in the first year -- tires, oil, general stuff... who knows? Everything probably costs a fortune no matter how minute it is.

Or you could not service it as required and save a bunch of money (and I'm sure you'd be fine,) but you'd probably eat twice the service cost in depreciation simply by not servicing it as recommended. I mean, would you buy a $1.5MM car with insane operating/maintenance costs if you saw the last guy didn't 'maintain' it?

It might not need anything, but it's probably due[/] for something. You could buy that for $900K and maybe spend $100K on the car in the first year -- tires, oil, general stuff... who knows? Everything probably costs a fortune no matter how minute it is.

Or you could not service it as required and save a bunch of money (and I'm sure you'd be fine,) but you'd probably eat twice the service cost in depreciation simply by not servicing it as recommended. I mean, would you buy a $1.5MM car with insane operating/maintenance costs if you saw the last guy didn't 'maintain' it?

Veyrons have been under 1MM for quite some time now, I am starting to see them in the 800s now as well.

Veyrons have been under 1MM for quite some time now, I am starting to see them in the 800s now as well.

:iamwithstupid: And soon cometh one into Allanlambos Garage! :icon_thumleft:

One of the Bugatti engineers told us during our factory training that they completed 77 launch controls in one of their R&D cars and could not get the thing to break! The transmission & clutch operation was still holding strong!! These Veyrons are actually REALLY reliable from what we are seeing. Yes, the maintenance is about $20-30k a year for fluids, filters, etc. But when you have a million + dollar super exotic that is built in the same fashion as an airplane, would you expect it to be less??

One of the Bugatti engineers told us during our factory training that they completed 77 launch controls in one of their R&D cars and could not get the thing to break! The transmission & clutch operation was still holding strong!! These Veyrons are actually REALLY reliable from what we are seeing. Yes, the maintenance is about $20-30k a year for fluids, filters, etc. But when you have a million + dollar super exotic that is built in the same fashion as an airplane, would you expect it to be less??

Please explain. Is that cost for daily driving it? How does fluid and filters cost $30k? Is it more so for cost of labor and having the private Bugatti technician come out?

It's not just fluid & filters that incur the expense. It is the labor & time for the full inspection. The services are to be completed at an authorized dealer such as Symbolic here in San Diego where we have the proper equipment, tools, and resources to complete the servicing as per the manufacturer. Our technicians have to remove the rear body panels to inspect all the reservoirs, hoses, clamps, lines, fixtures, rear wing, brakes, suspension components, etc. The entire comprehensive service takes about a full week or so to complete. We as authorized dealers have to assume that you are driving your vehicle to its limit. As a precaution to that scenario, the factory asks us to go through your vehicle 150% to make sure that all the systems are operating & wearing properly.

Everything about a Veyron is expensive, there is no way around it.

It's not just fluid & filters that incur the expense. It is the labor & time for the full inspection. The services are to be completed at an authorized dealer such as Symbolic here in San Diego where we have the proper equipment, tools, and resources to complete the servicing as per the manufacturer. Our technicians have to remove the rear body panels to inspect all the reservoirs, hoses, clamps, lines, fixtures, rear wing, brakes, suspension components, etc. The entire comprehensive service takes about a full week or so to complete. We as authorized dealers have to assume that you are driving your vehicle to its limit. As a precaution to that scenario, the factory asks us to go through your vehicle 150% to make sure that all the systems are operating & wearing properly.

Everything about a Veyron is expensive, there is no way around it.

It's not the cost that's an issue, I know it's a million dollar car (and the cost is only 3% of the value, take any car price on the planet and I think that ratio is reasonable). Im just trying to understand what that entails... As you said, it's not the equipment so much (fluids, filters etc.) as it's more the intensive labor involved, OK cool...

So you have to do that EVERY year with a Veyron? Full service? Doesn't make sense. From what I understand that thing is about as bulletproof as a 3-series bimmer, so service wouldn't be less than once every two years, 5,000 miles, etc...Perhaps my assumption is wrong? What has been the typical owner experience (if there's an example to reflect upon)? What does the factory recommend?

BTW on track with the thread: did you guys see the black and blue in Arkansas for $800K?

Swil, I'm almost positive you could skimp on the services and yeah, you are paying a shit load for stuff that probably doesn't cost that much. I have no idea how hard it is to take the car apart or reach the oil filter, but I doubt it really requires $20-30K/year in labor. Chances are the car is absolutely fine, just like most cars when you take them in.

However, who owns a Bugatti and is desperate to save $20K on service? The average owner probably spends that much per week. Bugatti knows that they can charge as much as they want and that the owners will pay up no matter what simply because the can. Same goes for all luxury items in the world -- they cost way more than they're worth.

Swil, I'm almost positive you could skimp on the services and yeah, you are paying a shit load for stuff that probably doesn't cost that much. I have no idea how hard it is to take the car apart or reach the oil filter, but I doubt it really requires $20-30K/year in labor. Chances are the car is absolutely fine, just like most cars when you take them in.

However, who owns a Bugatti and is desperate to save $20K on service? The average owner probably spends that much per week. Bugatti knows that they can charge as much as they want and that the owners will pay up no matter what simply because the can. Same goes for all luxury items in the world -- they cost way more than they're worth.

Like I said the cost isn't really the issue (3% of value, eh, like any other car), if that's the only thing that costs $30k, then why is everyone saying it's $30k a year? Surely you don't have to do a full service EVERY year (it not a fragile car)...What else is there?

BTW on track with the thread: did you guys see the black and blue in Arkansas for $800K?

Found it. Its priced at $899k which is actually ore like $900k than the $800k you quoted, but still a great price and a damn good looking car.

http://www.eliteautosllc.com/vehicles.php/mode/view/id/255

How do you sell those types of cars in Arkansas?

bugatti_pic_1.jpg

Like I said the cost isn't really the issue (3% of value, eh, like any other car), if that's the only thing that costs $30k, then why is everyone saying it's $30k a year? Surely you don't have to do a full service EVERY year (it not a fragile car)...What else is there?

Seems to me it isn't a HAVE TO, but that they want you to do these things. If you only drive it 76mph around LA freeways then it will probably be fine for another 40k miles. BUT, if you want to run it out past 200 on a regular basis, wouldn't you feel better knowing it was in tip top shape? As was mentioned, they treat it more like an aircraft, giving it the full treatment just in case.

In reality plenty of us have been well over 200 on Michelins and BBS/HRE wheels, but Bugatti plays it safe when they are provoking you to do so.

In the grand scheme of things, I really hope people put more than 5k/yr on these cars, and if it only cost you $30k then it's a deal!

it's not so much spending that ridiculous amount of money but rather not spending money when it is not needed.

on my murcie, which i only use about 1500-2000 miles a year, i have the service done only almost every other year. i always take the car for high speed runs and nothing has gone wrong. since owning it in 2003, i've only changed engine oil frequently and all others fluids once or twice.

there's no lambo dealership here in the philippines but even the local eurocar techs are able to work on the car with no problems -thanks to the service manual and lambo power. i once flew in a certified tech to give the car a once over and he didn't find anything wrong with the car and did the same thing as the local techs would do.

i'm sure the veyron is just the same. i bet the car is solidly built and actually over engineered hence there won't be big problems. oil and other fluid changes are the same throughout the cars so really the $30K to me is hard to justify.

in the end, maybe one can save $800K and buy the car, but sometimes it's harder to justify paying another $30K for annual maintenance.

Jesus, what is the hourly labor rate on a damn veyron? Maybe if they are replacing tons of parts, but what the hell else?

Probably the same hourly rate as Lamborghini charges for it's matte paint jobs and Ferrari for it's two-tone roof color option.

it's not so much spending that ridiculous amount of money but rather not spending money when it is not needed.

on my murcie, which i only use about 1500-2000 miles a year, i have the service done only almost every other year. i always take the car for high speed runs and nothing has gone wrong. since owning it in 2003, i've only changed engine oil frequently and all others fluids once or twice.

there's no lambo dealership here in the philippines but even the local eurocar techs are able to work on the car with no problems -thanks to the service manual and lambo power. i once flew in a certified tech to give the car a once over and he didn't find anything wrong with the car and did the same thing as the local techs would do.

i'm sure the veyron is just the same. i bet the car is solidly built and actually over engineered hence there won't be big problems. oil and other fluid changes are the same throughout the cars so really the $30K to me is hard to justify.

in the end, maybe one can save $800K and buy the car, but sometimes it's harder to justify paying another $30K for annual maintenance.

EXACTLY my point. Thank you.

Unless Nick has something to add we haven't thought of...:)