From Paris Motor Show - New Lambo Concept Car

a007apl

OK, here's what we got:

LB715-5: Concept to show future Lambo direction as per teaser photos so far. This is NOT the Murci replacement. Will be shown at Paris.

83X: Murci replacement, not production ready yet. Showing to dealers starting this week, but not due to be shown to the public until Geneva 2011 unless a last minute change of heart.

So only the concept in Paris. As above, full report to follow early October.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A concept at Paris is better than nothing and the whole brand will benefit from the carbon tech that is displayed in this concept.

Hopefully we get start getting some leaked pics of the Murcie replacement from the dealer presentations soon.

Do you know anything about the Estoque? Is it going into production?

I hope so but don't know for sure. Could be a bit further away due to need to set up production. Last time I went to Sant ####, there was no obvious space for a 3rd production line so would imagine a decent lead time to extend their facilities or outsource (to VAG?)

The SL is there to benchmark (it might not be stock itself) both carrying dataloggers and it also acts a way of noise suppression. In f1, teams monitor the sound of other cars to gauge bhp.

I wish the SL wasn't behind it, it's hard to hear the exhaust note.

do not worry: it will be light and fast enough :icon_thumleft:

Looks like Abolfaz is right. The frameless window and the angle of the open door looks like it opens out then up, not str8 up like the original scissor doors.

You mean like the koenisegg? To me it looks more like they swing open vertically but more to the outside like in this picture

post-230-1285347204.jpg

Got my invite aswell, they say they will show the Lamborghini Concept Gallardo.

from another forum:

As of now there are already 40 cars completed and still no official name for the next Lamborghini which is currently being referred to as LP83X. The car will debut at the next Geneva Auto Show and will blow away everyone's expectations! Here is what we know for now:

All new Digital Dash Instrumentation

Push Rod Suspension

New 7-Speed transmission with 6 settings

LED Headlights

20" Wheels

As much headroom as the R8

5 new colors

New 23 Million Dollar facility created for this car

From what I have been told the spy cars we have seen look nothing like the production vehicle. Everything is covered up in the camo. This will most likely be on showroom floors spring/summer 2011.

You mean like the koenisegg? To me it looks more like they swing open vertically but more to the outside like in this picture

The doors appear to open further upwards than on previous cars. The look is possibly different because the doors flare out towards the rear of the car, and this would make them appear to angle outwards when in the open position. There does seem to be a huge gap, say 6 inches, between the front wing and the door edge when it is open. That is much more than on other cars.

post-531-1285351540.jpg

Brett David Just hit Paris. What a city. Still in shock on the new Lambo design. Ferrari has something to fear now...

Brett David Wasn't allowed a camera or phone. Lamborghini is looking to shock the world with this one. Debut won't even be at Paris show, you have to wait for Geneva! Take my advice, most shocking sports car on the market.

New 23 Million Dollar facility created for this car

What what what? That's bloody interesting if true. I wonder what's going to happen to the Murcielago production line?