Noobie asking a dumb question

docmil488

I just started a lambo search. I have been a modified viper owner 3 times already and am stepping up to a lambo. I have searched everywhere and have a choice to make: go with a 04/05 Gallardo with the color of my choice, i like yellow, orange, or green, for around 80-90K or an 02 silver only Murci. for about 110K. my budget is 80-110K. I know you pay for color with these cars but i am not sure what to do. From what i read, G's are more of a daily sort of speak but godd damn i love the scissor doors on a murci. I know i may get slammed for this post and i understand that its personal taste but i would love some feed back.

I just started a lambo search. I have been a modified viper owner 3 times already and am stepping up to a lambo. I have searched everywhere and have a choice to make: go with a 04/05 Gallardo with the color of my choice, i like yellow, orange, or green, for around 80-90K or an 02 silver only Murci. for about 110K. my budget is 80-110K. I know you pay for color with these cars but i am not sure what to do. From what i read, G's are more of a daily sort of speak but godd damn i love the scissor doors on a murci. I know i may get slammed for this post and i understand that its personal taste but i would love some feed back.

personally, I would go with the Murci. Silver is the least resale color. The prices of Murcis are coming down to close to parity of later Gallardos.

I guess it would come down to condition, miles, history, and personal preference.

Sorry, I didn't answer shit.

'Good luck, and welcome.

There are thousands of posts on this issue, do some searching on this site - wealth of knowledge.

I would say go G- and get the colors/options you like. Don't sacrifice anything if you're buying a Lamborghini, buy what you want - or wait until you can.

Welcome to Lpower.... And as a moderator here... NO... DONT use the search button (Goddamnit stig.... We dont do that shit here)...

Im sure there will be 50 members along shortly to give you their advice....

During my search, I had the exact same thought process, EXCEPT I actually liked silver. My colors of choice were black, gray, silver, and titanium. Don't get me wrong, I love the skittles, they just are not something I can own for myself. I found it hard to find a nice Gallardo 05 black/black manual for 100k. But all along my heart was set on a Murcie so I paid more to get it, and the good thing for me was silver cars are priced lower!! For you, I think you'll be happier with the car your heart is set on albeit not a preferable color, over a car you don't really want with the right color, IMHO

A Murci is a big show stoper car, if you like the G go for an 06 im sure you can fing them around for 110k

Good Luck and Welcome to LP.

This has been discussed many times.

Basically the murci is the big dog boss. It's shortcomings are it feels old, dated to drive. It's so wide it's hard to park. It's super attention getting.

The gallardo is a newer platform, easier to drive,

Still

Gets attention.

The best bet is to try to drive both.

Either way, buying. An exotic is not a practical decision so get the one that will make you feel like a 9 year old when you see it, feel like you are 17 when you get in and start it. Make you feel like god when you drive it.

If you want to hit it up' go for the Murc.

A little less mellow....will be the Gallardo. But than you can TT it down the road.

Daily driving - Gallardo.

Spirited drives - Murc

Welcome to Lpower.... And as a moderator here... NO... DONT use the search button (Goddamnit stig.... We dont do that shit here)...

Im sure there will be 50 members along shortly to give you their advice....

Sorry Jason-Dad. Please don't ban me! :icon_mrgreen:

Also depending where your interests lie, there are now some tried & tested twin turbo packages for the G that will put just about anything in your rear view mirror.

Take the time to go see the cars in person. That will make the decision a lot easier. One will fit more like a "need" than the other.

Basically the murci is the big dog boss. It's shortcomings are it feels old, dated to drive. It's so wide it's hard to park. It's super attention getting.

The M may be wider but the G is harder to get in and out of because its doors swing out very wide. You need ample room next to the car to get out. Also some curbs are so high you can't open the passenger door if you parallel park on the street

If you grew up lusting after the Miura, Countach, and Diablo...then get a Murci. You will never wonder "what if".

If you didn't lust after those flagship cars, then get a Gallardo. It's the "practical" Lambo. And I use that term loosely, but it's true. As mentioned, it is smaller, more modern, etc.

That said, the Murci is very easy to live with every day. Despite the forum-induced base-rate of maintenance issues, it is actually a reliable car. It is easy to drive. It hauls balls. It doesn't need TT to haul balls. It grabs attention like nothing you've ever seen before.

If interior appointments are important to you then consider how each one makes you feel... if the Murci interior feels "old" and not "classy" then you prob want a Gallardo. Personally, I love being ensconced in all that leather, and I love the simplicity and honesty of the Murci interior. But I am biased. :-)

IMHO if you're looking for the first Lambo "experience" then you MUST get a V12. That's what it is all about. Then if you want to tone things down get a Gallardo later.

Everyone here is correct...you must get what makes YOUR pants tight. Your wallet is going to take a hit either way. Just buy the best year/mileage/condition you can afford once you've made your choice and you'll be a happy camper. Just don't skimp... in most cases a "crazy good deal" means "crazy high maintenance costs".

If you grew up lusting after the Miura, Countach, and Diablo...then get a Murci. You will never wonder "what if".

If you didn't lust after those flagship cars, then get a Gallardo. It's the "practical" Lambo. And I use that term loosely, but it's true. As mentioned, it is smaller, more modern, etc.

That said, the Murci is very easy to live with every day. Despite the forum-induced base-rate of maintenance issues, it is actually a reliable car. It is easy to drive. It hauls balls. It doesn't need TT to haul balls. It grabs attention like nothing you've ever seen before.

If interior appointments are important to you then consider how each one makes you feel... if the Murci interior feels "old" and not "classy" then you prob want a Gallardo. Personally, I love being ensconced in all that leather, and I love the simplicity and honesty of the Murci interior. But I am biased. :-)

IMHO if you're looking for the first Lambo "experience" then you MUST get a V12. That's what it is all about. Then if you want to tone things down get a Gallardo later.

Everyone here is correct...you must get what makes YOUR pants tight. Your wallet is going to take a hit either way. Just buy the best year/mileage/condition you can afford once you've made your choice and you'll be a happy camper. Just don't skimp... in most cases a "crazy good deal" means "crazy high maintenance costs".

A regular Murci does not haul balls... it is no faster than a Gallardo.

A regular Murci does not haul balls... it is no faster than a Gallardo.

Mmmmkay....sounds like I stepped on someone's delicate sensibilities.

I wasn't trying to berate the Gallardo. I enjoy and respect both models. They both have their pros and cons.

During my short tenure on these forums I've noticed many Gallardo owners have demonstrated that they are waiting for someone to say something bad about the Gallardo. So if I accidentally bumped the chip on your shoulder, then my bad. That wasn't my intention. I was responding to the OP with my opinion.

I will stay away from this post now. It's a troll trap waiting to happen.

Mmmmkay....sounds like I stepped on someone's delicate sensibilities.

I wasn't trying to berate the Gallardo. I enjoy and respect both models. They both have their pros and cons.

During my short tenure on these forums I've noticed many Gallardo owners have demonstrated that they are waiting for someone to say something bad about the Gallardo. So if I accidentally bumped the chip on your shoulder, then my bad. That wasn't my intention. I was responding to the OP with my opinion.

I will stay away from this post now. It's a troll trap waiting to happen.

I dont think anyone is waiting for someone to say something bad about their G cars.. You stated that a Murcielago does not need turbos to go fast, having had both a Murci and a non turbo Gcar Im saying they both do.... :icon_thumleft:

Allan is right. I've also had both. Here is an old video of me racing my 06 Murcielago vs Dinko's Gallardo SE. I had a 200lb passenger, and Dinko did not have a passenger, however my Murci also had Larini exhaust and secondary cats removed.

Many of us have lusted after the Countach and Diablo growing up, so buy a Murci (many owners here started with the v12). Get the feeling of having it out of your system than get whats you really feel is best after.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Having only driven both I have to say I actually preferred the way the murcie felt driving over the gallardo. Having said that I think a lot of it had to do with me feeling very cramped in the G. There's no doubt the gallardo was the better built car but it just seemed so ordinary when compared to the murcie.