Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

I happened to notice this settlement thread posted on the Ford GT forum.

I was also up last night when Peak came on the thread and stated he hadn't even spoke to the principles mentioned in Skip's post.

Now the thread is gone. I guess the lesson here is if you are going to try and launch an internet coverup make sure everyone is in on it.

Untitled9-1.jpg

Untitled10-1.jpg

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAH! So the people saying this board is "burning at the stake" based on things that arent facts, are actually basing their claims on things that arent facts. That is quite the conundrum.... :lol:

JR, The blue color you've chosen for your posting font is difficult to read with the black backround when in Hi-Fi format.

Ray and Chip have been on the phone constantly. I don't know what the miscommunication was, but Ray sent me a text at 6 this morning saying what Chip posted was premature, though he told Chip he was open to the idea of it. That's what RAY told me. Of course, Ray and Chip (who is a very good friend of Ray that flew to the Texas Mile, the Rally, etc with him) are in on the cover up together, so I don't know what they were concocting.

JMO but any "settlement" or resolution involving payment by Ray or his insurance company (and based on what's been said it sounds like the bulk of the funds are coming from Ray's insurance) still reflects extremely poorly on Shadowperson. His defenders can say its been resolved to everyone's satisfaction all they want (and at this point it apparently hasn't), but the fact will remain that he totaled Ray's car and then didn't take care of the damages (either via insurance or personally). That makes him a poor excuse for a tuner, aside from the mysterious flying car story or the other unhappy customers he has out there. And as far as his defenders go, remember that even at the depth of his problems Hennessey had his defenders and some satisfied customers. No one screws everyone they come in contact with. The question is whether you would trust them with your car, given their overall reputation.

JR, The blue color you've chosen for your posting font is difficult to read with the black backround when in Hi-Fi format.

thanks for the heads up.. i changed it for your viewing pleasure..

i am a color guy. do ANY colors work? (yes, i know, most people hate colors)

i

Who the fcuk cares what anyone says unless it's Ray whether it's Chip, Skip, Dip, or Pip.

Shadowman's word is dogshit and Ray has been silent thus far at least on LP so until we hear from peak let's just go with the facts and those are that Ray's car was wrecked and the guy who wrecked it takes no responsibility for his actions.

Ray and Chip have been on the phone constantly. I don't know what the miscommunication was, but Ray sent me a text at 6 this morning saying what Chip posted was premature, though he told Chip he was open to the idea of it. That's what RAY told me. Of course, Ray and Chip (who is a very good friend of Ray that flew to the Texas Mile, the Rally, etc with him) are in on the cover up together, so I don't know what they were concocting.

If the people in the internet who you continue to try and bullshit were half as stupid as you presume,

you could maybe find someone who would let you stand on their shoulders so you could see the cars run at the Texas mile.

Your forum has been a cornucopia of misinformation,sponsor spin and distortion from it's inception.

If the people in the internet who you continue to try and bullshit were half as stupid as you presume, you could maybe find someone who would let you stand on their shoulders so you could see the cars run at the Texas mile.

I'm just telling you what Ray told me. What did Ray tell you?

By the way, Shadowman was never a sponsor.

I'm just telling you what Ray told me. What did Ray tell you?

By the way, Shadowman was never a sponsor.

What I'm saying Dave is that instead of letting the truth work itself out on your forum,

shortly after Ray contradicted your moderator's Ford GT forum self congratulatory

auto fellatio fairy tale the thread was deleted.

Shadowman hung himself with his own words and actions in the days and weeks

following the crash and no amount of spin or even restitution will cover up what his initial instincts were.

Who the fcuk cares what anyone says unless it's Ray whether it's Chip, Skip, Dip, or Pip.

Shadowman's word is dogshit and Ray has been silent thus far at least on LP so until we hear from peak let's just go with the facts and those are that Ray's car was wrecked and the guy who wrecked it takes no responsibility for his actions.

And that sir, is it in a nut shell.... :eusa_clap:

Guys, for those of you who don't know, Silversurfer is a very respected car owner in the Seattle area and has a very SIGNIFICANT car collection that he actually drives. I'm not talking about average stuff either. He's got a lot of very heavily modified stuff laying around. He's extremely active in numerous car events, not to mention extremely knowledgable, very credible and I think this forum is far better of with his input. While we can all disagree at times, what we're sometimes lacking on these forums are owners with broad experience, something Silversurfer has. They stay away, not because someone disagrees, but because the attacks get personal. There are a lot of Lamborghini owners who I'd love to see come here yet choose to stay away from this forum because of how some of you attack those who have differing views.

I sometimes come on LamboPower and there is very limited interesting content. Why? Because some think it's easier to go elsewhere to put up their post or comment about something. I'd also hate to see LamboPower lose it's edge so it would be a shame if there weren't heated arguments either.

This thread has been a shitty situation all the way around. I know Bill a little which makes it even harder. I've never had him work on my car and I told him that after all this I too would give pause. Bill wrote me and said he can refute a lot of what's posted here, but he's banned so he can't defend himself. This allows anyone to claim anything and it harms the credibility of this forum. What I want is the truth. I want accuracy, not just name calling. This doesn't at all make Bill right about what seems on the surface to be a significant number of unhappy customers. On the surface. Even that Bill can't defend.

I remember in the summer of 2008 when Roy was roasted here over that guy with the Gallardo who didn't register his car. After Roy was burned alive here, the facts slowly started to come out and in the end, Roy had gone far above and beyond the call of duty. The buyer turned out to be the real root of the problem. I finally saw that car and I'd never seen anything like it. To me it looked like a car that spent most of its time at the bottom of a salt water lagoon.

I love the forums because of what I learn, but I really dislike them when they get personal. We're far better of with Silversurfer participating, believe me.

Just because you own some cool cars does not exempt you from being a douche bag.

Having the money to buy things does not instill you with character or intellect.

And what other "great" forums shall you offer such insight and wisdom?

Maybe you can turn your Ed Hardy hat sideways, throw on your Affliction shirt on and hang with those really hip dudes at Luxury 4 play?

Or the 13 members on Fchat?

We have a good group here, and one that rarely unanimously agrees on any topic. If Silversurfer wants to participate more power to him. Just don't be a whining little bitch and say "I'm leaving" when you get responses you don't like.

What I'm saying Dave is that instead of letting the truth work itself out on your forum,

shortly after Ray contradicted your moderator's Ford GT forum self congratulatory

auto fellatio fairy tale the thread was deleted.

Shadowman hung himself with his own words and actions in the days and weeks

following the crash and no amount of spin or even restitution will cover up what his initial instincts were.

Maybe you didn't see this Jerry.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthre...rification-Time

I'm going to quote myself for your benefit:

I have temporarily removed the "resolution" thread. I received a text message at 6 AM from Ray Hofman that it was premature. Until I am notified by Ray Hofman or Janna Hofman, it will stay removed.

I have locked, but restored, the other threads regarding this topic. I locked the original threads at Ray's request. I'm happy he asked but I would have done it anyways because the opinion or conjecture of anyone not involved is irrelevant to Ray's situation being resolved. If you have a problem with the above position on the subject, or feel like you have a reasonable rationale on how your opinion or feelings will help Ray get his car back, fixed or an agreeable financial remedy, please contact me. I will gladly give you my phone number and we can discuss this man to man.

Until I hear from Ray himself that the situation is resolved, the above threads are going to stay up. When and if the situation is resolved permanently, there is going to be a stuck thread about it. The topic won't be deleted unless the owner of the car tells me to delete it. Maybe he will want it, maybe he won't; it's on Ray. Any owner here that has their car totaled by another member would receive the same courtesy.

Also, I'm going to quote this one more time extra large for your benefit:

I locked the original threads at Ray's request.

If Ray has something he wants to say, he can say it. He's obviously not talking to you about it, and he doesn't need proxies trying to hypothesize his opinions. Like you said, Shadowman's actions and words tell the story, as well as RAY's response. I know everyone wants to feel like they are playing an important role in...something. The notion that there is some kind of cover up is hilarious in light of the GIANT, BOLDED, UNDERLINED COMMENT ABOVE.

Also, just do me a favor. Stop toying with my emotions Jerry. One minute you're mad, then next minute you're sending me apologetic emails, the next minute you're mad. And I don't even do anything in the interim! :lol:

Oh Shit..now Shadowscum is definitely fucked!

Yup, Now that Lucifer has joined the thread who knows how far down the rabbit hole we will go.

Maybe you didn't see this Jerry.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthre...rification-Time

I'm going to quote myself for your benefit:

Also, I'm going to quote this one more time extra large for your benefit:

If Ray has something he wants to say, he can say it. He's obviously not talking to you about it, and he doesn't need proxies trying to hypothesize his opinions. Like you said, Shadowman's actions and words tell the story, as well as RAY's response. I know everyone wants to feel like they are playing an important role in...something. The notion that there is some kind of cover up is hilarious in light of the GIANT, BOLDED, UNDERLINED COMMENT ABOVE.

Also, just do me a favor. Stop toying with my emotions Jerry. One minute you're mad, then next minute you're sending me apologetic emails, the next minute you're mad. And I don't even do anything in the interim! :lol:

This is another great example of your internet spin.

I haven't emailed you in several years and you are attempting to make it sound like

I'm being real time inconsistent with this issue.

You should run for congress.

This is another great example of your internet spin.

I haven't emailed you in several years and you are attempting to make it sound like

I'm being real time inconsistent with this issue.

You should run for congress.

I don't even know what you're trying to attempt to say here. It's your position that we're somehow trying to silence Ray. I just told you that the threads were locked at Ray's request. Did you not read the comment that I was the one who told Ray to post his thread? I don't know how much more simple it can get than that. Is there someone else that is getting confused by this? Am I missing something? Seriously, who are you trying to argue with here? "There's a conspiracy to silence Ray! Led by.....Ray!"

By the way, in June of 09 you sent me an email that said...

Hello Dave,

I would like to apologize for any and all references , posts , pics and the like that were in bad taste

and hurtful in any way that were directed towards you in the past.

I am not asking for anything whatsoever in return. I am simply wanting to say I am sorry...

Hope all is well with you and yours..

The "time inconsistent" comment makes no sense. That's the last contact we had. I called at one point but you didn't pick up.

Guest SP_LOTTA MURCI
I don't even know what you're trying to attempt to say here. It's your position that we're somehow trying to silence Ray. I just told you that the threads were locked at Ray's request. Did you not read the comment that I was the one who told Ray to post his thread? I don't know how much more simple it can get than that. Is there someone else that is getting confused by this? Am I missing something? Seriously, who are you trying to argue with here? "There's a conspiracy to silence Ray! Led by.....Ray!"

By the way, in June of 09 you sent me an email that said...

The "time inconsistent" comment makes no sense. That's the last contact we had. I called at one point but you didn't pick up.

Guys... Guys.... let's stay on topic here. You guys handle it between PM's, don't air out your dirty laundry here.

Guys... Guys.... let's stay on topic here. You guys handle it between PM's, don't air out your dirty laundry here.

I'm just pointing out why Ripper is patently ignoring the fact that I told Ray to make the thread in the first place and Ray asked me to lock the thread. If the beef is that we're trying to somehow keep this quiet, telling Ray to tell his side of the story is a pretty shitty place to start. Maybe I'm missing something though.

After going through the thread, I don't really blame Peak for not posting here either though, he probably doesn't want to hear it and wants it to remain in the past. He sounds like a really great person, someone I'd love to meet one day and it's crappy that it happened to him, but now that we all know what happened and the issue is resolved...

Why is this thread still going on? Why not Pin a new thread with a list of places to avoid and places to go to for detailing, tune ups, tuning and whatnot. That way in one thread, newcomers can see where they should go, where to avoid, and since there's probably a thread on why not to go somewhere, just link it in...it's a bit of work but then for future newcomers we can increase the chances of people going to bad places. (I understand there's more to it than in this thread, but you know what I mean)

A few of you have mentioned that it's more about letting others know not to bring their cars here....well then put the thread with where to go and where not to go and why...then people can make their own judgements, at their own risk. Or just make it for places to go and let people know that if the shops name is not on the list then either it's not reputable enough or there are issues with it. Between a lot of you here, you can cover half of the US major cities and probably even some Canadian ones. I think there's enough members here from Europe to give a list for overseas as well, no?

The one thing to remember....Shadowman refused to step up until he was tried in the "internet court".

He only attempted to resolve the situation AFTER this story was plastered all over various car forums.

Agreed! There seems to be a period of 30 days approximately without resolution, and within a couple days of the subject being on the internet, it is resolved.

NOTE: If you promote business and earn clients through internet forums, you better be ready to be scrutinized for any of your business practice on the internet. It works both ways.

Agreed! There seems to be a period of 30 days approximately without resolution, and within a couple days of the subject being on the internet, it is resolved.

NOTE: If you promote business and earn clients through internet forums, you better be ready to be scrutinized for any of your business practice on the internet. It works both ways.

Live by the sword, die by the sword...