Shadowman and Discovery Automotive...

TURBOALEX

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh yeah, that "gal" shit is creepy as fcuk.
:iamwithstupid:

He needs to step up to the plate and do the right thing...

Think it's now way overboard for one to let ShadowGAL loose on the streets again! :eusa_snooty:

Having read ShadowClown's retort on the other forum shows that he took every opportunity to declare himself not responsible......

I'm with abolfaz on this one - Shadowman aka William E. Knobloch would need a business license, home occupational license, something to operate his shop especially out of home. Certainly one requirement would be carrying garagekeeper's legal liability or direct primary. My guess is he has legal liability which forces peak to claim on his policy thereby allowing Knobloch to avoid the massive increase in premiums over the subsequent years.

Ergo, he fcuking lied when he stated he had no insurance.

Edit: GAL

I do not believe you need garage keepers insurance to run a car repair facility. Stupid not to have it yes however a requirement to have it no.

Furthermore the only business liscence necessary in this case could be as little as a dba or William Knobloch dba as Discovery Automotive.

WOW, having known Ray for several years now, I can almost feel his pain over the loss of this beautiful GT. Ray, if you're reading this, you handle the situation like a true gentleman and carry more honor than I could have ever carried in a situation like this. Good luck to you buddy and see you at the Mile next weekend.

Peter Blach

I'm with abolfaz on this one - Shadowman aka William E. Knobloch would need a business license, home occupational license, something to operate his shop especially out of home. Certainly one requirement would be carrying garagekeeper's legal liability or direct primary. My guess is he has legal liability which forces peak to claim on his policy thereby allowing Knobloch to avoid the massive increase in premiums over the subsequent years.

Ergo, he fcuking lied when he stated he had no insurance.

Edit: GAL

Clear this up with a fact. I dont know about all States, but I DO KNOW in Washington AND California, as a Car Dealer with a lot and/or as a Mechanic that services or repairs cars at a facility...you ARE NOT required by and LAW to maintain or carry any insurance i.e. "Garage keepers" etc etc..

YOU are required to have a BOND, which ranges from $4000 in Washington to $6000 in California..THAT IS ALL..I know for a fact MOST all shops of smaller size INCULDING transport truckers do not carry insurance..for two main reasons.

1) The cost is just through the roof

2) More and more they can NOT get a policy as the are NON francised Dealer loactions or to small a truck hauler fleet

My Garage Keepers insurance has gone from $24K a year to well over $45K a year in the last few years, with a $10K deductable. This has a coverage of only up tpo 3 mill per incident with a 6 mill cap per year. This last year in searching we were only able to find two insurance companys that would even quote us..all had the same answer..they only want to cover "franchised" Dealers as they so if needed they have deep enough pockets behind them to go after them if such a case occurrs.

If you look at paperwork you have with truckers and service facilitys...more and more of them have printed it is YOUR resposability to KEEP and MAINTAIN full coverage insurance on the car while in the shops possession. I think the law should be changed to REQUIRE shops to carry insurance equal to or greater than a cost of any one vehicle they may commonly house or operate in the shop. As it stands now, in California for example..he can only attach his $6K bond...WHICH IMO, you should do right away no matter what as it will cause a chain re-action from the state to pull his operating license till the bond is resolved OR put back in place..under law if your bond is under attachement, you can not obtain another one..and the attachment MUST be cleared prior to business activity taking place again under that license name and location.

To protect yourself 100% when leaving a car at the shop, or going with a trucker...REQUEST an up to date "proff of insurance" statement from their provider..and DECENT shop has that provided with in minutes from their insurance provider via a seperate party ALL DAY LONG. I would almost bet in this case the accident person did NOT have any type of insurance for this incident..

Just my 2 cents

.you ARE NOT required by and LAW to maintain or carry any insurance i.e. "Garage keepers" etc etc.. YOU are required to have a BOND, which ranges from $4000 in Washington to $6000 in California..THAT IS ALL..I know for a fact MOST all shops of smaller size INCULDING transport truckers do not carry insurance.

Interesting laws. Guess there is only one way to find out...

Im reading plenty people (or rather too many) on the FGT threads that seem to be very WILLING to GIVE shadowman business in the future.

Not sure how many customers would do so when it came down to sending the car out the door.

Unless shadowman is shut down he will probably continue working on peoples cars as there seems to be a number of people that think his actions are all down to bad luck and they are not looking at the broader picture of his treatment of PEAK.

The FGT community seems waaaaaaay more forgiving than most.

Im reading plenty people (or rather too many) on the FGT threads that seem to be very WILLING to GIVE shadowman business in the future.

Not sure how many customers would do so when it came down to sending the car out the door.

Unless shadowman is shut down he will probably continue working on peoples cars as there seems to be a number of people that think his actions are all down to bad luck and they are not looking at the broader picture of his treatment of PEAK.

The FGT community seems waaaaaaay more forgiving than most.

Well no one ever considered FGT owners as being SMART! :icon_mrgreen:

Got an unusual PM about Shadowscum today...

Brought up the thought that there were OTHERS looking for Shadowscum... That he will only travel at night, that he depsperately tries to keep his name off things, that for some reason he will only service his SV at Lambo Bellevue, and NOT in the Bay Area which would make far more sense.. Thoughts surrounding this maybe that the Sv is being looked for.....

He insisted that car NOT be moved or driven at all, and that the cars engine removal and service be kept secret. Once meeting people he desperately tries to sell you, and gets angry when not met with positive feedback... General feeling of Shadowscum is that he is extremely shady, and hiding a past...

Guest Rob Burgundy
It was Bad case.

I understand him in a varying degree.

none of his posts ever make sense haha

It's lost in translation..

Clear this up with a fact. I dont know about all States, but I DO KNOW in Washington AND California, as a Car Dealer with a lot and/or as a Mechanic that services or repairs cars at a facility...you ARE NOT required by and LAW to maintain or carry any insurance i.e. "Garage keepers" etc etc..

YOU are required to have a BOND, which ranges from $4000 in Washington to $6000 in California..THAT IS ALL..I know for a fact MOST all shops of smaller size INCULDING transport truckers do not carry insurance..for two main reasons.

1) The cost is just through the roof

2) More and more they can NOT get a policy as the are NON francised Dealer loactions or to small a truck hauler fleet

My Garage Keepers insurance has gone from $24K a year to well over $45K a year in the last few years, with a $10K deductable. This has a coverage of only up tpo 3 mill per incident with a 6 mill cap per year. This last year in searching we were only able to find two insurance companys that would even quote us..all had the same answer..they only want to cover "franchised" Dealers as they so if needed they have deep enough pockets behind them to go after them if such a case occurrs.

If you look at paperwork you have with truckers and service facilitys...more and more of them have printed it is YOUR resposability to KEEP and MAINTAIN full coverage insurance on the car while in the shops possession. I think the law should be changed to REQUIRE shops to carry insurance equal to or greater than a cost of any one vehicle they may commonly house or operate in the shop. As it stands now, in California for example..he can only attach his $6K bond...WHICH IMO, you should do right away no matter what as it will cause a chain re-action from the state to pull his operating license till the bond is resolved OR put back in place..under law if your bond is under attachement, you can not obtain another one..and the attachment MUST be cleared prior to business activity taking place again under that license name and location.

To protect yourself 100% when leaving a car at the shop, or going with a trucker...REQUEST an up to date "proff of insurance" statement from their provider..and DECENT shop has that provided with in minutes from their insurance provider via a seperate party ALL DAY LONG. I would almost bet in this case the accident person did NOT have any type of insurance for this incident..

Just my 2 cents

Roy, in Florida in order to have an occupational license for any of the businesses we mentioned, insurance is a requirement not an option but a requirement, even for a tow truck.

Guest Dereiter
Understand who? Shadowscum? have you lost your mind?

I see you are so aggressive. I mean no Shadowscum.

I had a similar situation one year ago and understand inner life of injured party because my car was wrecked.

PS. I will remember your post. :eusa_think:

Guest Dereiter
none of his posts ever make sense haha

He laughs best who laughs last, man.

I see you are so aggressive. I mean no Shadowscum.

I had a similar situation one year ago and understand inner life of injured party because my car was wrecked.

PS. I will remember your post. :eusa_think:

Is that a threat? Im going to give you sometime alone to sit and remember...

Roy, in Florida in order to have an occupational license for any of the businesses we mentioned, insurance is a requirement not an option but a requirement, even for a tow truck.

Mike in Georgia you do not need to have garage keepers insurance.

Ask me how I know, because Robert Ball of Supercars International Inc did not have any despite being a requirement of his lease with Road Atlanta.

I wonder if he is related to Shadowscum?

I feel Karma is catching up with all sorts of these asshats.

Crazy - here is a quote from the bmw boards....

I live not four hours from him and when I asked when I could bring the car to him to at least do a couple of quick tests like check the boost or vacuum pressure he told me that it would be at least a month and a half and to call him in a month to see where he was. I was furious. I had just received the car from him a week or so ago and had been having all this trouble before I pulled out onto the street.

I just spent about 115-120k with this clown and he brushes me off without a shred of concern

The rest of the story is just as bad/sad - clearly the FGT guys didnt know this when sending their cars out.

Guest Rob Burgundy

Well as far as the ford gt guys that are still willing to send their cars to him they have been presented with the information,it's been shown what he's done..they can make there own decision and if they send there car to him and get burned like Ray did I'm not going to feel the least bit sorry. With this many skeletons in the closet you would have to be drinking paint thinner to think it was a good idea to trust this guy with there GAL( god that's annoying) when there are so many other tuner options out there.