Lambo91

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:eusa_think:

Thats not it, its much more like the other sketch but the lines are very angular, it has been designed by a man with a ruler, there are not many curves, its much like contach lines.

The mule is what you need to look at:

car_photo_395464_25.jpg

Not really related but i think the guy who styled this was obvously an influence on styling, not ar all smooth lines like murci.

lamborghini_concept2.jpg

Absolutely hideous, I clapped when I read in that month's Car and Driver that Chrysler had shitcanned that abortion.

Pining away for the Cala I can understand as it had its angles. But the Canto is a trainwreck compared to the Diablo that succeeded it.

I think I still prefer the Diablo's look to the Murcie even today, though the LP670-SV is incredible.

The Canto was supposed to be the Diablo's replacement, not the Countach's - it was Audi who canned it. Personally, I've never seen any undisguised mules of the Countach replacement from before Chrysler bought the company.

I think the Canto could look pretty decent with a major overhaul, maybe better than the 6.2 Murcielago, but would anyone honestly want to wish away the LP640? I don't think there was ever any way the Canto could match that.

The cool thing about the Countach was always that it combined straight edges and a certain angularity WITH sexy-ass curves. Look at the curves on the front fender over the front wheels, the curves on the rear haunches, the curve of the waistline (along the bottom of the side window, etc. It was that combination of curves and angularity that made it smokin'.

Just re read some of my words, which seem a bit down and to clarify I think its going to be a great car in so many ways, I doubt anything near its price will be able to touch it, just not 100% on the exterior styling. I have a great love of the murci lines though, so i may be doing it an injustice as that is probably my favorite looking car. It may grow on me, just wasn't blown away by it, thought it needs a sharper nose and SV style wing assembly to balance the rear, they are probably saving that for a later version though!

Will also need to see it in a better/less random colour to be sure, others saw several so i'm waiting to hear their thoughts, dark colours i think will be best on it.

See Enzo, see Porsche GT.

Kinda of moves suspensions away from where you would normally find it so you can have better weight distribution.

The pushrod avoids compromises due to packaging requirements. Also, a coil/damper leaning in from the bottom wishbone suffers from built-in falling rate to some extent (ie suspension softens with load). I don't think it is about weight distribution

The Canto was supposed to be the Diablo's replacement, not the Countach's - it was Audi who canned it. Personally, I've never seen any undisguised mules of the Countach replacement from before Chrysler bought the company.

I think the Canto could look pretty decent with a major overhaul, maybe better than the 6.2 Murcielago, but would anyone honestly want to wish away the LP640? I don't think there was ever any way the Canto could match that.

Sorry, flip my order to Diablo > Murcie, late night posting after a couple drinks = mistakes. :icon_mrgreen:

Canto was awful beyond awful, one of the worst automotive designs of all time without a doubt. Got to love those "bowling ball return machine" air intakes over the rear wheels, what a joke.

Canto was awful beyond awful, one of the worst automotive designs of all time without a doubt. Got to love those "bowling ball return machine" air intakes over the rear wheels, what a joke.

Correct as always Mr Mako. The intakes make it look like it has back tits.

The pushrod avoids compromises due to packaging requirements. Also, a coil/damper leaning in from the bottom wishbone suffers from built-in falling rate to some extent (ie suspension softens with load). I don't think it is about weight distribution

How the weight distribution thing was explained to me was that the suspension components are moved away from traditional spot and could be moved to a central location meaning the wider space vacated could be used for bulky engine vitals.

From what others have said it's sounds like it looks a lot better in other colours especially black, they got to see several.

Why lamborghini would pick a rubbish colour to show it in is beyond me. Roll on March to get a proper look.

From what others have said it's sounds like it looks a lot better in other colours especially black, they got to see several.

Why lamborghini would pick a rubbish colour to show it in is beyond me. Roll on March to get a proper look.

Interesting. Usually Lambos look great in any colour, unless it's brown with gold wheels which is Miura only territory.

How the weight distribution thing was explained to me was that the suspension components are moved away from traditional spot and could be moved to a central location meaning the wider space vacated could be used for bulky engine vitals.

That sounds a bit odd, no? What engine vitals would they put between the wishbones? And they've put inboard suspension at the front too, where there is no engine componentry, and in fact this has caused them to have a smaller boot space. I don't doubt this was how it was explained to you, just not sure it makes sense?

Interesting. Usually Lambos look great in any colour, unless it's brown with gold wheels which is Miura only territory.

I really want VI but i'm just not sure it will work on it, fall back is black or pearl white. If they can do exterior vent surrounds, etc in carbon then it might be all right, have to wait & see.

I really want VI but i'm just not sure it will work on it, fall back is black or pearl white. If they can do exterior vent surrounds, etc in carbon then it might be all right, have to wait & see.

I had a lot of time with the car on Friday and got to re-visit it after a couple of coffee's!

I also saw the new car in Black, in Matt white, dark grey and a new coloured called Arancio Argos.

Before I actually saw the car I was thinking about Verde Ithaca with Black wheels. Now I have seen it and the other new colours I am tempted by the new Arancio Argos (a dark orange - a bit like Porsche BlutOrange) which will be the launch colour at Geneva.

I think that the Black hides a lot of the styling lines and grey.....well....it's just grey.

Did anyone see the bright green Countach in the Centro Stile studio? I also though car would look really good in that colour!

Let's be clear the new car is totally STUNNING ! It will look like nothing else on the road!!

Guest Rob Burgundy

If I dont see some spy shots before Geneva in March im going to swear off this site and become the BIGGEST FERRARI FAG THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

If I dont see some spy shots before Geneva in March im going to swear off this site and become the BIGGEST FAG THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

Arent you already?

Guest Rob Burgundy

Sorry boys,could you speak up a bit? I couldnt hear your over the sound of the models lip slurping on my dick! :icon_fU: :icon_fU: