Hawkan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's it.

The photo actually looks better than the damn car in person.

That is not a picture of the car, take a look at the front point of the hood just above the emblem it comes to a point like the lp640 on the LP700 it has a reverse point aiming up just part of the odd styling look it has more of the unneeded reverse cuts on the car.

Lane, looks like they did some photo shopping.

Yes I agree it does look like it but it is a PS in some ways it looks better. Did you like it.

I did.

The styling is good, but some parts are going to take some time getting used to. I think it's going to be a very strong performer, but like most others I don't buy the "we went for feel" line on the 7 speed. There is no reason whatsoever to not have a DSG on this car.

What did you think?

I did.

The styling is good, but some parts are going to take some time getting used to. I think it's going to be a very strong performer, but like most others I don't buy the "we went for feel" line on the 7 speed. There is no reason whatsoever to not have a DSG on this car.

What did you think?

Wouldn't weight be a reason? Arent DSG's heavier?

I did.

What did you think?

I was sitting at the nose of the car with my friend after listening to what was in it during the presentation I was out of control I told my friend we were going to order 2 right away I got him the LP560 right after I got my LP640 he was as hot as I was. Then they removed the cover and we both looked at each other with a look of disappointment. It was OK but not at all what I expected I thought it was way over done with unneeded styling cues, I did not like the front and did not at all like the back the side was just OK. To me it looked like someone took an LP640 and put on a very over done styling kit. Would I trade my LP640 for the looks of that no, would I trade my LP640 for the performance and technology yes in a minute, but I want both for the additional cost of trade. The white did it no justice at all. I hope I like it better outside of a showroom. The interior was OK but looked to busy and conventional sports car for my taste. I seem to be the only one on the board that has said anything not completely positive maybe it is just my love of the LP640 looks or people are afraid to speak there mind.

Im just going to wait until its officially revealed and owners start to get them. Maybe ill pick one up after theyve been out for a while if I really like what I see.

I seem to be the only one on the board that has said anything not completely positive maybe it is just my love of the LP640 looks or people are afraid to speak there mind.

i prefer your LP640 to any of the photos(sketches or test mule shots) i've seen of the LP700.

Lane,

I think you actually are pretty correct. I think it will look good in black but the white was not that flattering.

The interior is too small. I told the factory guys as well. To cramped and too many buttons.

The first year will sell good then it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Aaron, does that really mean..."I'm not going to be one of the first shcleps who buys one of these things and loses 150K in 1500 miles"? :icon_thumleft: Don't blame you in the least. Thats the smart play.

Lane,

I think you actually are pretty correct. I think it will look good in black but the white was not that flattering.

The interior is too small. I told the factory guys as well. To cramped and too many buttons.

The first year will sell good then it's going to be interesting to see what happens.

Aaron, does that really mean..."I'm not going to be one of the first shcleps who buys one of these things and loses 150K in 1500 miles"? :icon_thumleft: Don't blame you in the least. Thats the smart play.

Yeah pretty much, lol. Also I really want to see how that new transmission drives, I am very disappointed in the lack of dual clutch, but I am keeping an open mind.

i prefer your LP640 to any of the photos(sketches or test mule shots) i've seen of the LP700.

That is how I feel the LP700 is not bad but to me it looks like they took my car and gave it to a bunch of tuners and said add something to it and each one added something, at least it doesn't have a roof scoop. It was not clean and smooth to many cuts and angles for my taste. Maybe I will wait until there is a cleaned up LP740

Lane,

I noticed when I got in to it my head hit the roof which it doesn't do in mine and the car was cramped, I thought the center consul was a bit to much, and didn't it have those plastic looking aviation switches from the G car. I did notice it had both 19 and 20 in wheels.

I noticed when I got in to it my head hit the roof which it doesn't do in mine and the car was cramped, I thought the center consul was a bit to much, and didn't it have those plastic looking aviation switches from the G car. I did notice it had both 19 and 20 in wheels.

Smaller cabin? I thought it was larger....I barely fit in my 640 as it was.

Smaller cabin? I thought it was larger....I barely fit in my 640 as it was.

That is what they told me it is larger but the center stack is very large and the seats are different it was tight, not as much room as LP640 like a standard bedroom with a lot of furniture in it, bigger room but full.

Wouldn't weight be a reason? Arent DSG's heavier?

Lambo's R/D head said a couple weeks ago that their ISR choice "saved 40kg" (about 90 pounds).

And what they didn't say is that it also likely saved them $$$, which is likely a big piece of the true reason they went with old-tech.

Even if we take them at their word (weight-savings/feel-the-violence) it's still a debate over an extra 90 pounds versus buttery-smooth and ultra-fast dual-clutch action.

Which one is right? Everyone has their opinion but it really comes down to personal tastes and preferences.

Lambo's R/D head said a couple weeks ago that their ISR choice "saved 40kg" (about 90 pounds).

And what they didn't say is that it also likely saved them $$$, which is likely a big piece of the true reason they went with old-tech.

Even if we take them at their word (weight-savings/feel-the-violence) it's still a debate over an extra 90 pounds versus buttery-smooth and ultra-fast dual-clutch action.

Which one is right? Everyone has their opinion but it really comes down to personal tastes and preferences.

I agree I would have to drive both to decide, I think I would want which ever is faster, if it was a more normal car smooth is preferable in a occasional Sunday race around brutal is fun, on the track not so much. tough call but maximum performance usually wins