New Lamborghini - LP700-4 - Discussion

Hawkan

Not according to the presentation. The newly developed 7 speed is going to be Egear only per Lambo. Of course Lambo is known to say one thing and do another at times.

:lol2:

I was only trying to breathe some life into a thread that Rob complains it's dead.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Those wheels aren't the greatest IMO.

Agree regarding the wheels. The side profile looks pretty good. (Though I still hate those G-like mirrors. :gay: )

Really, this is all you guys can talk about, dwelling on easily changed-or-ignored wheels and mirrors?

:eusa_wall:

Here's something of substance:

While every other mag gave the car a suck-fest of slobbering praise so they'd continue to stay in Lambo's good graces, one of the mags who drove the final prototype bitched about the tranny.

In not so many words they called it last-gen and not compariable at all to the newer PDK and GT-R boxes. They also said it blew at low speeds around town, just like it does in single-clutch units do now.

A bit surprised that VAG let it go this way in a $450k product when they seem to have access to nearly any tech in existance.

Guest Rob Burgundy

I was only trying to breathe some life into a thread that Rob complains it's dead.

The wheels already look dated IMO. The side mirrors are fine. No problems with the Stephen Hawkings Signature Collection. I will agree with Allan's previous comment about the styling being evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Buyers like me that have owned multiple Lamborghinis in the past are scratching our heads a bit. The price tag is obscene so for it I was expecting something completely radical, something that would make women and small children run screaming. I'm hoping the test drive in the metal will be far more impactful.

Honestly I was more excited to get my SLR and it had already been out for a couple years.

Buyers like me that have owned multiple Lamborghinis in the past are scratching our heads a bit. The price tag is obscene so for it I was expecting something completely radical, something that would make women and small children run screaming. I'm hoping the test drive in the metal will be far more impactful.

The price is so out there that things like magnetic cockpit-adjustable damping being omitted, along with the lack of a techy dual-clutch tranny (yes they could have made it "feel" more like a lambo if they wanted, it's not difficult to make the thing LESS smooth lol), and no serious weight reduction ala the CGT or Enzo (both under 3,300 pounds wet in the real world) just makes it hard to accept $450k.

The "right" price for this car is likely $100-150k less than MSRP, but in the real world the price is set at what people are willing to pay...and in the Middle East, and Asia, where cash is flowing like the Mississippi River, they are willing to pay a pretty penny to buy a new toy.

America and Europe are no longer the only consideration when MSRP-versus-volume is considered. :(

As i said before it has Ford Focus wheels, they also look like the original G wheels, just feel they could have been a little more adventurous.

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

As i said before it has Ford Focus wheels, they also look like the original G wheels, just feel they could have been a little more adventurous.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Wheels are easily changed.

What do you think of the MSRP and the tech Jay, which are what really matters?

No dual clutch, no sale. If the tranny isn't smooth with regular driving or in traffic/parking, I wont be buying one. And all the gibberish about it not feeling like a Lambo or it being too bland with a dual clutch is hogwash.

Come on a007apl gives MOOOOOOOOOORE :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

Mybe before Geneva someone make spy pics for us....... :eusa_dance:

One man's trash is another man's treasure. Wheels are easily changed.

What do you think of the MSRP and the tech Jay, which are what really matters?

So true i'm sure some people will love them.

I don't really know that much about it in reality, just the same as you guys, i'm reserving judgement till i see it in action. But all in all i am a little dissapointed so far, i was hoping for more in all departments, more extreme styling, performance & tech.

The murci is pretty much my dream car in terms of looks especially SV but i couldn't buy one as it is too old school, i was waiting for this car and now it's here i keep trying to talk myself into it as i'm just not sure they have done enough. I'm sure it will grow on me, just wish i had thought "wow" when i first saw it, but again thats just personal opinion. Real problem is that there isn't anything else out there of the big league cars in that price range, there is just nothing else at all that i like at the moment out of any car. It would be a big step up to a Zonda or Veyron although i do keep coming back to the Veyron as it really is a bit special, even though its not a beauty queen or even sounds good but it definately has something about it.

I think not having dual clutch could be a serious mistake as well as keeping the Lambo smack in the back feeling on shifts, but it does shift fast so we shall see, although it is a single clutch it is 3/4 of the way to a dual unit.

From a price point of view i would have actually preferred it to be higher if what you were getting was worth it, i was expecting and was told to expect it to be £350k (300 + options) which is new CGT SLR money and it looks like it is more likely to be £250k which is almost what 458's are going for as they are selling over list, if its any good they will sell a lot of them, i would prefer if it remained more exclusive and it strikes me theres going to be a lot more sold and that imo takes something away from it. Maybe it's just speculation but i know more people with deposits on this car than i can remember on any other new model in the past.

I'm sure it will be fast, really, really fast but i just feel the competition has also upped the game especially Ferrari who i reckon still have it beat in terms of tech and in a years time when the other new stuff filters through it may not work out as an all time great which it should be. I also worry there will not be enough clear water between the G replacement and the new model. The flagship for me should be exactly that not just the same performance as the lower model but with a different look, i want it to annihilate it even in a couple of years time.

I'm just all round confused as it was not what i was expecting, it will be a great car, certainly nothing wrong with it, just not sure it is for me, as others have said it is almost what you would have expected as the G replacement & if it was that i would be very happy and saying how great, just feeling it seems to have lost something "special" along the way. Should be a good base to work off though for Lambos future evolution of it, just a shame it doesn't start life that way & then evolve further.

It's all speculation at the moment and i expect i may have to eat my words at some point and if that is the case i will actually be very happy as i really want this car to be fantastic.

No dual clutch, no sale. If the tranny isn't smooth with regular driving or in traffic/parking, I wont be buying one. And all the gibberish about it not feeling like a Lambo or it being too bland with a dual clutch is hogwash.

Plus, like it or not, the pecking order is a numbers game to many. And the numbers this car will put down with the older tech won't be comparable to products coming down the pike from both Ferrari and Porsche, as well as other mfgs who are going the DCT direction 100%.

Especially in terms of acceleration below 100mph, and from a stop, which is how the public at large is exposed to data.

Thoughts about DCT being "too heavy" or "too hard to package" seem to be trivial now, as Porsche is a part of the family and they have had zero problems getting PDK into tight spaces at a decent weight with the 911.

If the MSRP were lower it would be understandable to some extent, but at $450k... :eusa_think:

The Aventador is exciting still, looking forward to yet another supercar on the market, but the "what could have beens" are starting to add up. Maybe as Ken and others are saying the SV version or whatever mid-model upgrade happens to combat the 599's replacement will solve some of our gripes.

...and in the Middle East, and Asia, where cash is flowing like the Mississippi River, they are willing to pay a pretty penny to buy a new toy.

And, just really how long do you seriously think that will last! :icon_mrgreen:

And, just really how long do you seriously think that will last! :icon_mrgreen:

Was wondering that myself as I typed that line, and I think the answer is "A bit longer, unfortunately".

For the middle east, as oil's difficulty to locate and drill for continues to climb while China and India's demand for it grows exponentially, we'll see $200+ oil before the tipping point of alternative energy that is economically more sound (cheaper than the oil) to both implement and deliver arrives.

Will it happen over the next 10 years? Maybe 20? Not sure, but hyper-priced oil will happen almost assuredly as the pace for alt-energy is far too slow to provide a replacement during the time that petroleum scarcity really ramps up.

For China's economic growth, that's harder to determine.

Is it all just an inflated state-manipulated bubble? Is it a bubble that will pop, reset, and then grow with stability even larger? Is it a sound economy and NOT a bubble at all? Some of the greatest minds on the Earth are having trouble accurately answering those questions.

But regardless of all this speculation, the price of luxury goods will continue to rise (as they have the past year) in the short term as the portion of the world that has access to economic growth will thrive and gain power even moreso than today, and prices will largely be determined by their demand.

American and Europeans are shocked when they hear that popular lux clothing, watches, cars, and other goods, are all rebounding spectacularly from the crash...and the reason why is because of double-digit quarterly growth in geographic areas that where affluence is scaling identically.

The side profile looks pretty good.

:eusa_think:

The wheels already look dated IMO. The side mirrors are fine. No problems with the Stephen Hawkings Signature Collection. I will agree with Allan's previous comment about the styling being evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Honestly I was more excited to get my SLR and it had already been out for a couple years.

Spot ON. Aside from the front I don't see much that would pull me away from an SV, CGT or SLR (all of which are cheaper than this Aventador). At least not right now.

Plus, like it or not, the pecking order is a numbers game to many. And the numbers this car will put down with the older tech won't be comparable to products coming down the pike from both Ferrari and Porsche, as well as other mfgs who are going the DCT direction 100%.

Especially in terms of acceleration below 100mph, and from a stop, which is how the public at large is exposed to data.

Thoughts about DCT being "too heavy" or "too hard to package" seem to be trivial now, as Porsche is a part of the family and they have had zero problems getting PDK into tight spaces at a decent weight with the 911.

If the MSRP were lower it would be understandable to some extent, but at $450k... :eusa_think:

The Aventador is exciting still, looking forward to yet another supercar on the market, but the "what could have beens" are starting to add up. Maybe as Ken and others are saying the SV version or whatever mid-model upgrade happens to combat the 599's replacement will solve some of our gripes.

As a counter point, porsche doesnt have to contend with a massive v12 in the back either... they have little six bangers with "correctors" Given the criteria of big 12 that meets emissions, awd, AND being light weight... I would imagine that the tranny might have been a consideration... Given the vast resources they can tap to, why still go with a single? Development and cost for that new tranny couldnt be far off from a dct unit... at least we know that much. But is it really just weight constraints?

Best way to really gauge it is when it comes out, drive it and make our decision on this new tranny...