The Lambopower FEEL GOOD thread.

Guest Rob Burgundy

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
So this is a feel REALLY BAD & then feel a really great post.

The bad: There was a video posted online of kids on a bus harassing & picking on an elderly bus monitor relentlessly for 10 minutes where these viscous little cock suckers drove this woman to the point of tears by calling her fat & every name they could. Absolutely sickening.

The good news is a person on Reddit decided to take action and start a fundraiser for this woman to surprise her with a cash gift and make her feel a little better. He set the goal to raise $5,000 in 30 days. The fundraiser started TODAY and when I last checked people had donated over $90,000 in one day. There's 29 more days to go and they are currently tracking this woman down to give her access to the funds. Karen,the bus monitor is going to be able to retire somewhere nice and sunny for having to endure these little bastards tirade.

Here's the video and donation page and also the thread on reddit where it began:

http://www.indiegogo.com/loveforkarenhklein

http://www.reddit.com/r/UpliftingNews/comm...se_read/c534gnf

The total raised was 750K Amazing!

That Stanford vid was boss to say the least.

Today the comedy website Theoatmeal posted this link asking for help to purchase the property where Nicola Teslas lab stood to save it from being purchased to be turned into a shopping center. They want to build a Tesla museum as there isnt currently one in the US.

The asking price is 1.6 million, they have a state matching grant of $850k so if they raise $850k the state will donate the other half. He posted it TODAY and its already raised $150,000 LOL

45 days left and im sure they will have no problem hitting the goal.

The internet is an awesome,powerful thing.

http://theoatmeal.com/blog/tesla_museum

Donation page here

http://www.indiegogo.com/teslamuseum

EDIT. Its gone up $4,000 in just the time it took me to post this.

EDIT. Another two grand from $152k to $154 in the time in took me to post the first edit LOL

From the donation page:

"Nikola Tesla was the father of the electric age. Despite having drop-kicked humanity into a second industrial revolution, up until recently he's been an unsung hero in history books. If you don't know who Tesla is, go read this.

Tesla's final laboratory is located in the sleepy town of Shoreham, New York. It's known as Wardenclyffe and it's where Tesla attempted to build a tower that would provide free wireless energy to the entire earth. Unfortunately, Tesla lost his funding before the project was completed and in 1917 the Wardenclyffe tower was demolished. Subsequently, the land was sold to a film and paper manufacturer.

However, the land, laboratory, and foundation beneath the tower are still there and very recently went up for sale. And right now a non-profit is trying to buy the property and turn it into a Nikola Tesla Museum. The property is listed at $1.6 million, and this non-profit has received a matching grant from New York State of up to $850k. This means that if we can raise $850k, New York State will match us for that same amount -- putting the total raised at $1.7 million.

There is currently another offer on the table from someone who wants to purchase the property potentially tear it down or turn it into a retail establishment. There is no Tesla museum in the United States, despite Tesla's extraordinary accomplishments. If we can outbid this other person and buy the land it will permanently be protected as a historic site and eventually converted into a Nikola Tesla Science Center.

The folks behind this project are a 501© non-profit organization and they've spent the past 15 years trying to find a way to save this property. This IndieGoGo account is linked directly to their bank and all the funds will go directly to them.

Even if we raise the full amount and end up with $1.7 million, this isn't enough to build an actual museum / science center. But it will effectively put the property into the right hands so it can eventually be renovated into something fitting for one of the greatest inventors of our time.

Internet, this is where you come in: HELP ME BUILD A GODDAMN TESLA MUSEUM."

Two gorilla brothers reunite after three years of separation.

The staff weren't sure if they would recognize each other and thought there might be some aggresion but here's what happened.

article-2188737-148D8F68000005DC-928_634x466.jpg

article-2188737-148D90AB000005DC-38_634x408.jpg

article-2188737-148D924F000005DC-898_634x542.jpg

article-2188737-148D9327000005DC-285_634x589.jpg

The only thing I'd be worried about is the development company outbidding them once they put in the offer

A well-mannered 11 year old boy, and obvious exotic car enthusiast, gets to see his dream car - the Pagani Huayra at Pebble Beach.

He knows all about it, answering questions and stating his knowledge... then watch and see his expressions of pure joy when he is asked if he'd like to sit in it! That's the type of reaction I think of when I think of exotic cars, pure joy. I hope to one day be able to bring joy to a young child's face when I have my own exotic. :icon_super:

You can skip to 0:36 to start. At around 2:00 his face lights up.

A well-mannered 11 year old boy, and obvious exotic car enthusiast, gets to see his dream car - the Pagani Huayra at Pebble Beach.

He knows all about it, answering questions and stating his knowledge... then watch and see his expressions of pure joy when he is asked if he'd like to sit in it! That's the type of reaction I think of when I think of exotic cars, pure joy. I hope to one day be able to bring joy to a young child's face when I have my own exotic. :icon_super:

You can skip to 0:36 to start. At around 2:00 his face lights up.

Great video -- I had about the same reaction when I SAW the car and I didn't even get to sit in it!

In my own little way I do the same thing with kids. A few times when I have actually parked it somewhere, I've returned three times to find boys - probably 10-12 years old - admiring the car. Looking, but not touching. I got the same facial reaction as this kid had when I ask if they'd like to sit in it. Yeah, its "only" a Murci but I live in Pittsburgh and around here the Murci might as well be a space ship.....