The Lambopower FEEL GOOD thread.

Guest Rob Burgundy

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was watching the Teen Choice Awards the other night and I heard Ashton Kutcher receive and award and then his speech

I've never had a strong opinion either way on (Chris) Ashton Kutcher. He's done some funny movies, he's done some STUPID movies. However, his speech at the Teen Choice Awards was definitely noteworthy and the audience that he was speaking to is the audience that really needed to hear it. Hopefully some of them listened.

"Opportunity looks a lot like hard work.." and "I've never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. And every job I had was a steppingstone to my next job and I never quit my job until I had my next job." were the two best things he said in my opinion and something that almost the entire generation of teens and a good portion of adults need to LISTEN to, not just hear.

I have a new found respect for Mr. Kutcher.

My wife was watching the Teen Choice Awards the other night and I heard Ashton Kutcher receive and award and then his speech

I've never had a strong opinion either way on (Chris) Ashton Kutcher. He's done some funny movies, he's done some STUPID movies. However, his speech at the Teen Choice Awards was definitely noteworthy and the audience that he was speaking to is the audience that really needed to hear it. Hopefully some of them listened.

"Opportunity looks a lot like hard work.." and "I've never had a job in my life that I was better than. I was always just lucky to have a job. And every job I had was a steppingstone to my next job and I never quit my job until I had my next job." were the two best things he said in my opinion and something that almost the entire generation of teens and a good portion of adults need to LISTEN to, not just hear.

I have a new found respect for Mr. Kutcher.

Noticed no one cheered or clapped when he said opportunity looks a lot like hard work? That's telling.

But a great speech none the less. I was impressed that "someone in Hollywood" actually "gets it" :lol2:

Generally, the oatmeal comics belong in things that make you LOL!

However, I thought this was particularly great because there are many people who have something that makes them feel this way and even though it is a funny comic, it's still great and has a great ending.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

It's a 6 part comic and huge, but awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

A 96 year old widower entered a singer/songwriter contest with a letter and lyrics he wrote about his wife of nearly 75 years - his "Sweet Lorraine". His entry didn't meet the criteria of their contest, but don't fear, the local Peoria company produced his song anyway, and as of Thursday morning it's #8 on the U.S. iTunes Top Chart.

“The song really helps me. It really helps me. It just seemed like she's just sort of with me. Which I know she's smiling, she's smiling down and she likes that song, I know.”

A nice feel good dashcam video.

What bugs me is that I'm not sure if this is proof of that humanity still exists or proof of that the lack of humanity is so big that when simple daily tasks of kindness are perfomed we think of them as something extraordinary.

Awesome video! Reminds us that we all need to make the time to pay forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The next time you feel like complaining about some shit in your life, watch this.

Happy and cheerful kids dealt a crappy hand and doing just fine

Filmed at Dartmouth Children's Hospital in NH

The next time you feel like complaining about some shit in your life, watch this.

Happy and cheerful kids dealt a crappy hand and doing just fine

Filmed at Dartmouth Children's Hospital in NH

Thanks for the tear, Jpegs. :icon_wink:

Bless those kids, they've got their heads held high!

Absolutely incredible.

http://loiter.co/v/doctors-take-a-long-sho...ion_object_map=[547722861958838]&action_type_map=[%22og.likes%22]&action_ref_map

I saw this today and looked into it. An amazing story, but the title and even the video are quite misleading. Yes, the girl has been in complete remission for sometime now which is amazing, but the doctor didn't actualy inject her with HIV. The genes they used were actually injected into cell samples that were taken from Emma and then "reprogrammed" to attack the cancer cells. The genes are derived from the same family as HIV, but not actually HIV it self.

Here's a couple articles on it. Great progress in medicine and amazing strength of the participants willing to undergo this type of therapy, because it can be exceptionally risky.

Doctors did not Inject HIV

Emily's Story

yup, I cried

Maybe only a dad could know....

nope. I'm not a dad, but I'm in tears.

I'm sure that made his year.

Extremely good sportsmanship from the other side too. that was just all around awesome.