The Lambopower FEEL GOOD thread.

Guest Rob Burgundy

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A melodic piece that was produced for the 100th day of the Government of Prudence and Hope, featuring Hassan Rouhani's first speech as President of Iran.

Hope you guys actually watch it since it's subtitled, the video was featured on Rouhani's personal website and the original video with no subtitles had around 500,000 views around the web.

A melodic piece that was produced for the 100th day of the Government of Prudence and Hope, featuring Hassan Rouhani's first speech as President of Iran.

Hope you guys actually watch it since it's subtitled, the video was featured on Rouhani's personal website and the original video with no subtitles had around 500,000 views around the web.

Does this mean we can come visit?

Does this mean we can come visit?

Modo, I wanted to ask you this before but thought it might be inappropriate but since you brought it up, what is your reason for not visiting? Judging by your last name, I assume it's because your Jewish?

Modo, I wanted to ask you this before but thought it might be inappropriate but since you brought it up, what is your reason for not visiting? Judging by your last name, I assume it's because your Jewish?

Yes, because we are Jewish and we left with falsified Belgium passports. I heard its better now and we still have family there, but honesty I think the duress we left under has scared me. I have this love hate relationship with Iran, almost like one would towards an abussive parent. I saw a lot of bad and did a lot of crying, but it's culture it's people are in my DNA.

My dad on the other hand just wants to go back and reclaim his property.

Yes, because we are Jewish and we left with falsified Belgium passports. I heard its better now and we still have family there, but honesty I think the duress we left under has scared me. I have this love hate relationship with Iran, almost like one would towards an abussive parent. I saw a lot of bad and did a lot of crying, but it's culture it's people are in my DNA.

My dad on the other hand just wants to go back and reclaim his property.

If that is the only reason then you should have no problem coming back, things have changed, a friend of ours was Bahaei and he came back after 34 years! He was simply asked 1 question, how long were you not present in Iran? He answered and was told "Khosh amadid" which means welcome.

Regarding the confiscated properties, you probably know this as you mentioned you have family there but if your father does come and and successfully receives the "Hokm" which is the order that will proves it belongs to him, than no matter what has happened to the property or who has it, they shall return it or pay for it in current market value if the property no longer exists.

The properties that the government was absolutely sure that belonged to people with certain powers or positions during Shahs era are all gone, sold or devolved into government facilities. The remaining are the ones that belonged to certain people who fled the country or have not been present for decades. What happens is a certain organization within the government decides to confiscate it, they will either rent it or hold it and in certain situations they might even sell it.

Like I said, it all depends who has touched the property and what has the property turned into which you will find out completely once you pay a visit to "Sabte Asnad", in the end though, no matter who has got it or what it has turned into, if you run enough and get that Hokm, you will get your share.

Unfortunately this property situation is very painful for some, a lot of people outside of Iran take a very deep breath of regret and pain every time they think about their properties back home. We never buy ANY property that has been confiscated, touched or sold at ANY point by the government, in fact we go above and beyond to make sure that the land itself was never confiscated or even remotely part of a confiscation at any point of its timeline!

The reason is that deep breath of pain that I mentioned...it WILL catch you one day.

Lots of times I hate living in a small town but it does have its perks.

Last week my wife dropped her phone on the street. It was a Samsung S4 with an otterbox case. When we called it a few minutes later a person answered who insisted they would drop the phone off to our house about 5 minutes away. Sure enough they did.

then a few days later my wife left her purse in the grocery cart at walmart in the parking lot return stall.

The next day we went to walmart where her purse, wallet included was waiting at customer service with nothing missing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is sorta Lambo related, it's about our head mechanic in the Dubai service center, Florencio who has over 25 years of experience with Lambos, from LM's to Diablo's and Aventador's, you name it...he has taken it apart! All the early Lambos in the region got shipped to Dubai because of him, he was the only guy that was allowed to touch them!

I'm a very anal guy when it comes to cars but every time I went to Florencio with my problems, he always came up with these genius solutions. The one that I will always remember is the STS hood which kept rattling and even the plastic part that was holding it in the 2 holes kept coming off. Florencio went all the way to the Mercedez-Benz junk yard in Dubai and found a similar part off a old S class which was a perfect fit for the hood and it fully sealed the hood in the holes!

In the past few years as he got older, he mostly supervised the other mechanics, quietly sitting in the back watching them and jumping in when he felt it was necessary. Unfortunately one day I came to the shop and he was missing from his usual spot, he had a very sudden heart attack and later lost his speech abilities.

I was really devastated, I just loved the guy. I asked the guys if there was anyway I could give him a call or visit him just to let him know that we are waiting for him to get better but he simply wasn't able to talk or understand. He was later sent back to Philippines to be with his family.

Well what do you know, I got a call from one of the guys in the service center 2 days ago and they told me they brought him back to renew his Visa and he's up on his feet and he was gonna visit the shop! I was getting some stuff done as I had a flight to Vancouver the next day, I literally let everything go and went straight to him!

I parked the car in the shop but couldn't see him around, went in looking for him but couldn't find him anywhere, came back to the shop and there he was, he had taken the hood off and was checking that same part he installed off that damn Mercedes!

photo222_1.JPG

I was just speechless, he just gave me the thumbs up with a smile indicating that the part was still rock solid!

I also got him some flowers on my way there, I gave it to him before he left but he returned it thinking it was a joke, when he actually realized I had actually got it for him, he got really happy.

photo4_3.JPG

I really hope he gets better from the bottom of my heart, these guys don't get paid anywhere near what some mechanics get in the US or other regions, they love what they do and some of them like Florencio are simply gold and should be taken care of!

We live in a region where owners don't even bother bringing in their own cars for service and instead, they send them by drivers who feather the clutch more than a 70 year old grandma and that is an absolute shame because they miss out on the opportunity to meet and learn from people like Florencio.

Lots of times I hate living in a small town but it does have its perks.

Last week my wife dropped her phone on the street. It was a Samsung S4 with an otterbox case. When we called it a few minutes later a person answered who insisted they would drop the phone off to our house about 5 minutes away. Sure enough they did.

then a few days later my wife left her purse in the grocery cart at walmart in the parking lot return stall.

The next day we went to walmart where her purse, wallet included was waiting at customer service with nothing missing.

A tad scatterbrained is she?