Twin turbo SLR

MKS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the SLR is supercharged, I don't think that would work without a complete engine rebuild and gut the system it already has. Superchargers and turbochargers don't go together on one engine.Better off boosting the SC it currently has or replace it with a bigger intercooler and SC. Hasn't Renntech already come up with an 800hp set-up with what it already has??

This is possible and has been done several times already. It's called "COMPOND CHARGING" OR "TWIN CHARGING". Supercharger is used to boost bottom end performance with a Turbocharger designed to give power in the upper rev range. Complicated???.....YES!!! Technologically impressive???...Heck Yeah!!!!!

The TUNER crowd has been far ahead of the exotics in drivetrain development. Twin Turbocharger set-ups are common among the Nissan / Infinity, Toyota & Honda crowd and have been for several years now. Exotics vis-a-vie Lamborghini & Ferrari are just now entering the aftermarket market en masse.

Thanks Allan i still need to do the intercoolers and pulley but dont know where to get them from

I did Kleeman, they are much cheaper than Renntech... I do believe Renntech has a higher hp kit now, including exhaust... My pulley and i/C pumps made like 50rwhp more, but 100 ft lbs of torque more... The best mod you can do on that car inmo is change the tires to some toyo r888;s..

I believe you can also reprogram the transmission now on the SLR, and if its anything like my Porsche would be a very worthwhile upgrade!

awesome looking car, and while i'm sure heffner/ugr can build a system from scratch you could also look towards sl65/600 for ideas how to handle the whole intercooler idea since they've been turboing their cars for a while

also for transmission concerns, its the same one they use in the sl65's and what not and they tweak those up to some absurd amounts of torque, idk if they do anything to the tranny, but its been done before on the same trany

I believe you can also reprogram the transmission now on the SLR, and if its anything like my Porsche would be a very worthwhile upgrade!

Do tell about reprogramming the transmission.. Who and how?

Am also considering upgrading to limited slip differential.

Supposedly a totally worth while upgrade. Any know about his?

Quaife... nothing less. It adds traction without sacrificing handling in a way you can't even imagine.

I actually saw one on ebay... limited slip that is.. I believe both Kleeman and Renntech offer it, but you may try Evoms as they may have it also.

I actually saw one on ebay... limited slip that is.. I believe both Kleeman and Renntech offer it, but you may try Evoms as they may have it also.

Do you guys think an upgraded S/C that could make 800rwhp/900rwtq would be attractive if the price point was pretty low in comparison to someone like UGR w/their $35k bolt on TT setups?

What about the reprogramming?

Do you guys think an upgraded S/C that could make 800rwhp/900rwtq would be attractive if the price point was pretty low in comparison to someone like UGR w/their $35k bolt on TT setups?

I wonder if you could fit the 3.3L Lyhslom in there? Might be too tall to clear the hood.

If you could do it for under $10k, it would probably sell. (about what the Ford GT whipple upgrade runs)

ive been reading the forums but not posting here are a few pic with the new wheels

the 722s is an amazing car, drive it in good health! i do like the stock wheels over the aftermarket ones though

are you guys saying that a 450k slr DOESNT come with a limited slip dif ?

I thought i read in a press release for some tuners LSD that is was an upgrade over the oem LSD, imply the slr comes with one from factory

the 722s is an amazing car, drive it in good health! i do like the stock wheels over the aftermarket ones though

722s wheels look good in pictures but in real look a little small

I did Kleeman, they are much cheaper than Renntech... I do believe Renntech has a higher hp kit now, including exhaust... My pulley and i/C pumps made like 50rwhp more, but 100 ft lbs of torque more... The best mod you can do on that car inmo is change the tires to some toyo r888;s..

ill check with kleemen but like you said the car needs traction and i wish they made the R888 in the front tires size for track they only have the rears

This is possible and has been done several times already. It's called "COMPOND CHARGING" OR "TWIN CHARGING". Supercharger is used to boost bottom end performance with a Turbocharger designed to give power in the upper rev range. Complicated???.....YES!!! Technologically impressive???...Heck Yeah!!!!!

The TUNER crowd has been far ahead of the exotics in drivetrain development. Twin Turbocharger set-ups are common among the Nissan / Infinity, Toyota & Honda crowd and have been for several years now. Exotics vis-a-vie Lamborghini & Ferrari are just now entering the aftermarket market en masse.

yes, that's exactly what I was going to say.

only seen a ford gt with it though

SHARP looking car

Good looking car. TT an SLR is a waste of money. Traction is an issue with the car in stock form and the way i look at it the only area where more hp can come in handy for the SLR is mid range up to redline. Cams and remapping will do that, no need to spend a fortune on a TT system.

• 4 weeks later...

I believe speedriven tune the tcu and have an upgrade for the kit....I am in the process of purchasing an SLR and will send it there before I ship it over....