There really are no cars to buy!

Allan-Herbie

There was one at Ogara here in Beverly Hills, and I agree, gorgeous car, but not for me.. Id buy a drophead in a heartbeat over that..

Im no expert, but a drophead has to be $50,000-$100,000 more than a DBS Volante no?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im no expert, but a drophead has to be $50,000-$100,000 more than a DBS Volante no?

500k car for 300k, vs a 300k car for 260k, hmm tough choice....:)

Dont remember, i think the DBS Vert was 290K? So for 290K I can def get a drophead..

Buy a nice 570 SL don't touch it aside cosmetics in addition to that get yourself a Drophead, end of story.

No way... Id tt that forsure! :eusa_dance:

500k car for 300k, vs a 300k car for 260k, hmm tough choice....:)

Agree. They are in 2 different stratospheres in price.

I am usually the minority as my opinion doesn't often mend well with others (nor does it matter much as I am not out purchasing these cars regularly as you and Allan are), but the drophead doesn't do much for me nor do most phantom's in general. I think the ghost looks nice as it is almost a normal size car, and not bloated looking.

SV is an awesome car, but when the Aventador hits the streets, I assume they will depreciate like crazy (even though they are limited production).

SLS and SLR are cool, but the Black Series looks better than both IMO, and can make 1000lbs of torque with little mods.

If you like the RR go for it brotha. :icon_thumleft:

No way... Id tt that forsure! :eusa_dance:

If you live with it for a while you wouldn't, it does everything brilliantly.

The problem that you have and you will always have is the fact that whatever you will buy you will get bored with, second problem that you have, not really a problem more of a dilemma is the fact that every car purchase has to make financial sense to you but no car purchase does, I am in the same boat I feel your pain :lol2:

I think the key to it all is contentment :icon_mrgreen:

If you live with it for a while you wouldn't, it does everything brilliantly.

The problem that you have and you will always have is the fact that whatever you will buy you will get bored with, second problem that you have, not really a problem more of a dilemma is the fact that every car purchase has to make financial sense to you but no car purchase does, I am in the same boat I feel your pain :lol2:

I think the key to it all is contentment :icon_mrgreen:

Wish I could feel contentment :icon_mrgreen:

Ive been toying with a Morgan Supersport...rare..unique looking...may not have the performance, but there are plenty of cars for that...

If you want a sound investment and something fairly modern, then the Ford GT is best in the sub 500k range. It's the only car in the last decade other than the Enzo that has gone up in price from new. The next best would be the Carrera GT, which has depreciated slightly

The problem is, if you want it to hold its value, you can't really drive it. The Enzos and FGT's that appreciated have very low miles (

If you want a sound investment and something fairly modern, then the Ford GT is best in the sub 500k range. It's the only car in the last decade other than the Enzo that has gone up in price from new. The next best would be the Carrera GT, which has depreciated slightly

The problem is, if you want it to hold its value, you can't really drive it. The Enzos and FGT's that appreciated have very low miles (

Never buy a Ford Gt, and not a fan of the CGT... But I agree on both holding value..

This is off the subject, but I was just at dinner with the wife, and I asked her what convertible she wanted (since I got the SS coupe), and she came out of no where and said, 911 turbo with a dual clutch, lol. :huh:

ok so I've read everything here and I'm putting my money on Allan getting a LP 560 spyder and TT-ing it. He can't live without something really fast.

You want contentment, go download deepak chopra's greatest hits on your iTunes,

You want excitement performance and attention, it's simple; get yourself an Ariel Atom V8 and drive it around LA naked (always) Problem solved. Post pics on 6 speed for all your admirers.

Another thing that I think would give you some enjoyment, would be to make an offer that car you've been talking about lately.......I think it's called the ronin Elise or something. Mend fences with the owner, give him an offer he can't refuse, then turn around and huck it off mulholland drive on fire. Again post on 6speed for your admirers, would be awesome.