There really are no cars to buy!

Allan-Herbie

Considering you are past your prime and put hardly any miles on your true sports car and say the roads and traffic are so bad you don't even bother it sounds like to me you need to have a comfortable pimp mobile instead of a canyon carver so the Drophead, Azure or SuperSports Convert would be the way to go. The Drophead will get you attention, front spot anywhere and you can actually use it to tool around and run errands. Best choice! :icon_thumleft:

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion is that Allan, when he finally will be allowed to see the LP700 by his friend Wilkelmann, will buy it...

I bet. :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

PS

Allan, i do not know you and excuse me if sometimes i joke about your misunderstanding with the factory, but, after reading tons of your posts, i think this is what you will do or at least this is what you would like to buy.

You do not want the LP 700 just because you think (and you are correct) Lambo marketing abused you and you now hate them, but we all know your first choice would be the LP700.

Who cares of mr. W., take the LP700, that is by sure the best available now: cars just speak with their owner, not with their CEO.

After everything you've said, the drophead still seems like the best choice for you. What I like about the Phantom is you can drive it without anything to prove, and it is just so comfortable. I also dont think you can go wrong with an SV if you want to spend more or a Supersports if you want to spend less. Someone already mentioned the SL65 Black, what are your thoughts there? I have never seen one in person, but 800 hp sounds nice.

The problem: You've had, or at least, experienced every car you've wanted short of a Veyron. The awe factor, it sounds, has been lost for you. You're looking to rekindle that excitement by being surprised, feeling a new experience.

What vehicle could do that? What could give you that the experience that'll get your blood pumping like it used to?

I love Porsche, however it seems they don't do it for you any more. Why not a Porsche GTRS? Something that can take anything, practically, that's thrown at it, where you can charge mountainous and curvy roads, hit the track hard, and then ride home....and the thrilling motorsport experience being consistently alluring all the while?

Hell, how about the Lotus Exige, and modify it to your liking?

The problem: You've had, or at least, experienced every car you've wanted short of a Veyron. The awe factor, it sounds, has been lost for you. You're looking to rekindle that excitement by being surprised, feeling a new experience.

What vehicle could do that? What could give you that the experience that'll get your blood pumping like it used to?

I love Porsche, however it seems they don't do it for you any more. Why not a Porsche GTRS? Something that can take anything, practically, that's thrown at it, where you can charge mountainous and curvy roads, hit the track hard, and then ride home....and the thrilling motorsport experience being consistently alluring all the while?

Hell, how about the Lotus Exige, and modify it to your liking?

Allan wants a status car, and none of those fit the bill

I wouldn't say "really good" ones though...There are a lot of good cars out there, but many of them are over priced in some cases, others are just lacking in something...many cars try to blend everything now so it makes it harder to separate some things.

The 911 Turbo he has provides a decent daily driver but also has the speed appeal that any other sports car in its class could deliver. You don't really need a four door given the Range Rover he just bought. What's really left when your current two car setup covers everything? Yeah, he's missing the convertible, but that's really about it....and even then the Drophead is nice, no offense to anyone who has it but it just isn't something that inspires me. It's just my opinion, of course, but the Phantom inspired me way more than the Coupe or Drophead ever could. So yeah, the status is there, but it doesn't really provide much else...and since he's only stuck with a 3 car garage, you end up having to pick and choose.

I thought of an F40... but its OLD.. Its like a Countach now, fun to look at, not soo much to drive especially in L.A.

Hmm, but won't the P-car be the "easy" car for LA, when it get's the TT treatment? The F40 could be the dream car for the weekends? :D Maybe even TT it too. I would go for a F40, you can always sell it without loosing a dime if you get tired of it or find something more suitable :) I don't remember anyone who regrettet buying an F40 if you think about it :D Owners who sold them always seem to miss them :D

If it were me, and I know Allan doesn't agree because he hates Aston Martins, but a DBS Convertible in Pearl white is one of my favorite cars right now. I think it looks EONS better than the SS Convertible (MAY NOT BE AS FAST), and has good power to boot. One of the best sounding cars of today as well. His wife will love it too, it will get plenty of attention in CA as they are rare everywhere, rims/lowered/exhaust/ECU and you are done.

my opinion is that Allan, when he finally will be allowed to see the LP700 by his friend Wilkelmann, will buy it...

I bet. :icon_mrgreen:

ciao

PS

Allan, i do not know you and excuse me if sometimes i joke about your misunderstanding with the factory, but, after reading tons of your posts, i think this is what you will do or at least this is what you would like to buy.

You do not want the LP 700 just because you think (and you are correct) Lambo marketing abused you and you now hate them, but we all know your first choice would be the LP700.

Who cares of mr. W., take the LP700, that is by sure the best available now: cars just speak with their owner, not with their CEO.

I can tell you with 100% certainty, that had Lambo rolled out the red carpet... had a stream of hookers to blow me as i walked up it... I would still have zero interest in buying the lp700...

this

There was one at Ogara here in Beverly Hills, and I agree, gorgeous car, but not for me.. Id buy a drophead in a heartbeat over that..

As for the Scuderia, Ive thought about one.. Mix things up.. Even went to the dealer to look at one with the wife.. Sitting next to a 458 kinda killed it for me...

The god damn Gallardo just kills me... The Lp560 inmo just looks sooooo good, and offers soo much for the money... I have to say Ive toyed with the idea of getting a Gallardo Spider/ Lp560 Spider... But then i get scared I get one, and ill want to TT it.. Then Im scared I kill myself in it :lol2: :lol2: But #3???????????????????????? A big part of me thinks the Egear will allow me to enjoy this car moreso than Ive enjoyed the previous 2...

So I wonder if I make my Porsche fast enough for me.... say a low 10 sec 138mph car, will that satisfy my need for speed in order to get say a like new lp560 Spider Egear and leave it mostly stock..

I honestly have to add, I love the damn Porsche.. I know its a TIP and not as good as a PDK, but with the TCU upgrade it really does things well, and is loads of fun to drive anywhere. I was thinking to trade it in for a Turbo S, but a part of me says keep the TIP, mod it and skip the Turbo S, because the new 998 will immidietely antiquate all the 997's, just as they did the 996..

What don't you like about the Carrera GT? I just gone mine a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. It drives much nicer than a Lambo or a Ferrari on a twisty road, they're generally rock solid mechanically (my car has 19k miles!), they hold their value incredibly well, and they're pretty damn fast. The clutch issue is massively overblown (it took all of 5 minutes to get used to it).

Negatives include being stupid low and no lift system, so you're not going to take it to a parking garage with stiff inclines, but who cares?

Carrera GT seems by far the best bet for a STEP UP in the price range you're considering. Mod with a GMG exhaust and you're set.

:iamwithstupid: