Check out this replica.

abolfaz

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much respect I have for this guy for his craftsmanship, a replica is a replica and I would still never own one or let alone drive one.

At this point it really isnt a "Replica". Its model making.... In 1:1 scale.

At this point it really isnt a "Replica". Its model making.... In 1:1 scale.

Never thought of it that way.

I don't understand the motivation for building something like this where I'm sure the guy has spent more than what a real 6.0 costs.

:iamwithstupid:

Why not take that talent and restore a real car that might actually be worth something.

Having spent time around people that build airplanes for fun i can tell you it's not about the money, the hobby is in the building of the car itself. It's nice to see someone doing it right.

But I do have to agree, why not get a wreck and use the driveline and the dataplate from it and build a new chassis. That way when your done you have the real thing. If your going to

go to all that trouble just get a set of blueprints and build a new chassis.

this project doesn't seem the same as re-skinning a fiero or a donor car. this guys made a WHOLE platform from scratch... it really does seem like building a 1:1 model. but the part i don't get... even IF it's not about the money, why built a project that AT BEST will be recognized as just a regular lambo (which 99.99999999999% of them fall FAR short of that) at a cost (but more importantly the time) that will never add up.

out of curiosity, it'd be interesting to see how much THIS project car "cost" him to finish. either way, impressive efforts!

It's a replica and $ must be a bit of an issue if a BMW 12 from a 750 is planned for installlation.

That "hang it on the wall" 6.0 from the factory is a 1:1 scale model.

:iamwithstupid:

Why not take that talent and restore a real car that might actually be worth something.

Because the "real" car sucks. Lol actually this car is most likely built better than the original.

Because the "real" car sucks. Lol actually this car is most likely built better than the original.

Ya... and then you woke up :rolleyes:

All replicas suck, no matter how well built. Its still a fake ass car. They should go build a cobra instead, those actually have the power to back it up.

Has less of a bumper gap than any real 6.0 I have seen. Great job, but as many have stated, just buy a wrecked one for less of the costs, and more of the authenticity.

I keep reading comments about building such a kitcar costs equal or more than buying a genuine car. Well, I'm sure not for everyone, because the same work can be done expensive or cheap, depending on where you live, the possibilities and depending on your skills. And I still think there are a few kitcar builders who build the car of their dreams only because they have the skills and they enjoy building it themselves, and they aren't afraid showing the world what they can make with their own hands. Therefore I agree, most replica builders build their cars only to show the world what they (don't) have, and have a hunger but not the money for a rich lifestyle. The detail put in some kitcars tells you much about the builder.

I keep reading comments about building such a kitcar costs equal or more than buying a genuine car. Well, I'm sure not for everyone, because the same work can be done expensive or cheap, depending on where you live, the possibilities and depending on your skills. And I still think there are a few kitcar builders who build the car of their dreams only because they have the skills and they enjoy building it themselves, and they aren't afraid showing the world what they can make with their own hands. Therefore I agree, most replica builders build their cars only to show the world what they (don't) have, and have a hunger but not the money for a rich lifestyle. The detail put in some kitcars tells you much about the builder.

You have to figure the time too. What is your time worth to build something like that?

The welds on the chassis look like some that I could have done. In other words they look like crap. Sheesh. You would think that after welding that much they would have gotten better.

Tell us few things about your experiences with real Lamborghini cars and what in this instance makes you say the real 6.0 sucks?

Ya... and then you woke up :rolleyes:

So your saying the 6.0 lambo was a great car? That it had great build quality? Come on man. Trying to pass off a kit as the real thing is poser shit, but to say pre-audi lambos were great cars is a lie.

Guest Rob Burgundy
So your saying the 6.0 lambo was a great car? That it had great build quality? Come on man. Trying to pass off a kit as the real thing is poser shit, but to say pre-audi lambos were great cars is a lie.

The 6.0 was the first lamborghini built under Audi ownership. Derp.

depends on what you quantify as great. They may not have been perfect, but the 2 wheel drive Diablos were awesome, the Muira, CT, 3500 GT were way ahead of their time.