Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

All the more closer to a Batmobile if ever.

Real aggressive which is opposite to Ferrari's approach of recent... Which is that of more bisexual.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doors are much easier to operate. The are still scissor although they open outwards a little bit. They too have a jet fighter flair (or flare--every pun intended) to them. To open from the inside, there is a pop-up feature that you then pull---much like an ejector seat.. LOL... they really apid attention to a ton of detail!

Was at the NYC unveiling also .. Have to say the presentation was great.. Felt like a kid opening Christmas present.. The mule pics show the basic design of the car but does by no means give you the whole story.. Lines r great and white was great color.

Hopefully carbon fiber options for the future but definitely getting one.. Big move forward for Lambo !!

Interior is a giant leap forward ..

The in-person feedback here on LP has been excellent. Starting to get excited about this when days ago my opinion was tepid at best. All the more reason to reserve final judgement for the real deal.

I would LOVE to get to see this thing.

It was really an exciting moment. That car will be around for the next 8-9 years, so it was great to see it and it didn't disappoint !

The in-person feedback here on LP has been excellent. Starting to get excited about this when days ago my opinion was tepid at best. All the more reason to reserve final judgement for the real deal.

:iamwithstupid:

This.

I get excited until I realize that the car is the price of a house, and nearly double the price the Murcie debuted at. It's been 10 years but damn...

As for the car itself, the rear-end looks great on the newer mule shots that show some of it, which must be the first ass that Lambo has gotten right in years...The Murcie always looked like it was carrying a load in its diapers from the rear and the Gallardo's rear treatement was a complete mess which the LP560 only somewhat corrected.

The LP700 looks like a design that's hard to find fault with...it may not move people hoping for a Zonda or some sort of radical departure, but so far the angles, lines, jagged cow-catcher up front, and Estoque rear, are all very good things.

I also enjoy the reports about the interior offering uniquely-designed features, which are certainly a far departure from the Murcie's high-quality materials-but-bland presentation.

Now if only we knew the real name...I had just gotten used to "Aventador".

I get excited until I realize that the car is the price of a house, and nearly double the price the Murcie debuted at. It's been 10 years but damn...

I share the exact sentiments. Everytime an exotic automaker adds a premium to a new model, they set the precedent for price so cars only become more expensive.

As for the car itself, the rear-end looks great on the newer mule shots that show some of it, which must be the first ass that Lambo has gotten right in years...The Murcie always looked like it was carrying a load in its diapers from the rear and the Gallardo's rear treatement was a complete mess which the LP560 only somewhat corrected.

The LP700 looks like a design that's hard to find fault with...it may not move people hoping for a Zonda or some sort of radical departure, but so far the angles, lines, jagged cow-catcher up front, and Estoque rear, are all very good things.

I also enjoy the reports about the interior offering uniquely-designed features, which are certainly a far departure from the Murcie's high-quality materials-but-bland presentation.

Lamborghini took a radical approach with the car's design by borrowing design cues from various past road cars and concepts. Initially, you may not like it because it looks busy/unfamiliar, but you'll quickly grow to appreciate every bit of detail and you WILL like it; trust me. The car is definitely a generation ahead of the competition.

:iamwithstupid:

This.

Yeah,but Lamborghini is not the only company who has increased/doubled their product price. A 530i could be had for ~35K in 2001, now a similarly optioned one is 65K.....same thing with just about everyone for a majority of their products. Hell the M5 went up what, 25K? What was a 360 cost in 2001 vs a 458 in 2011.....it sucks, but oh well.

I agree that the price will be a jump from murcielago intro 9 hrs ago ...everyone who saw the car never spoke a word about the price.. Most people were speechless ..

The thing that was talked about the most was what color to get !

Don't forget that almost ~50% of the price increase since the Murci comes from the dollar taking a dive. Lamborghini still has to pay for labour and materials in their local currency. Blame US policies for your expensive Lamborghini!

Completely agree .. 9 years is a long time for the dollar to fall... Once everyone sees it a price close to the SV will be worth it..promise

All of the above is very true, either you have the means or you don't. What I'm saying is that even those with a net worth in the medium to high single-digit-million range have to give pause to think about a rapidly-depreciating toy this expensive.

As others have said, you're talking about a substantial premium over the MSRPs of the CGT, SLR, and the last go-round of hypercars, with the exception of the Enzo...which is a model that won't depreciate due to being produced in low volumes.

Time marches on and the factory has to do what it has to do...but at this price point it's simply not possible that they'll produce and sell 4,000+ units worldwide as they did with the Murcie. That has to be taken into account as well.

Guest Rob Burgundy
don't know if this is real or not, posted today on FB.

150574_477970332275_55498462275_5660396_6726648_n.jpg

No that is just a fanboy Photoshop. Its been around for a long time and nothing about the car looks to resemble anything about the aventador.

New LP-700 Illustrations by Jim McClain . . .

Although the photo I used was really muddy by analyzing several other photos for small details to try and get it right I think this should be close to the actual car from this view point (never saw it myself so anyone who's actually seen it please confirm). Unfortunately in this view you cant appreciate the rear end of the car so I plan to do some more angles especially with the latest released spy shot of the rear details which I just got my hands on.

I did this in high res vector format using Illustrator so I will use these line drawings and later do some shaded renderings using these as my coloring template that will give a much more realistic rendering. The nice thing about this line art drawing of the car is it allows one to appreciate all the amazing and numerous intricate design details Lamborghini put into this car that really blows me away.

I don't think anyone can appreciate the complete design of the car better than with line drawings like this as certain color combos will hide some of these design details otherwise.

More to come soon when I get a little time including other angles, maybe even a 3D model if I get ambitious. I just wish someone else who actually saw the car would have done this with a computer artist long ago as I have grown impatient as many of you to get some kind of a clear rendering and sense of its shape and presence.

I REALLY wish Lamborghini would just reveal the pictures as I don't see the point in all their cloak and dagger once the car design has been finalized and numerous people have actually seen it? A timeless design like the Countach, Diablo and Merci is always timeless and if this is a real design to stand up the times like its predecessors it will never grow old on us nor will the excitement diminish if they just let us see the car NOW!

Anyway, I hope this helps everyone get a "good feel" for the new future of Lamborghini!!!

Thank you,

Jim McClain

CEO/CVO, bmedia

bmedia : Digital Entertainment, Development & Distribution

Jim%20McClain%20sketch%2002.jpg

Jim%20McClain%20sketch%2001.jpg

Take 2 : The B&W rendering is one that I threw together the other day in Adobe Illustrator from all the photos out on the net and this new color illustration is my favorite angle of all the photos showing off the menacing front of the car and gives an even better sense of the car. I also hope to do a couple more illustrations highlighting the back of the car that looks amazing from what I can see in the photos out on the net.

ENJOY!!!

Jim%20McClain_lp700.jpg

If you guys keep posting identical comments and/or pics in both Aventador threads simutaneously we'll have to merge them back and shut down the Discussion Group.

Here's the guideline for posting: It's up to you.

Meaning you decide to either post your thought or pic here, or in the main thread. Do not post it in both.

Thanks. :icon_thumleft:

That front end looks like it will be fun over speed bumps (or "sleeping policemen" for you Brits). Even a lift system looks like it would be a major PITA.