Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

Cool comparisson, but before anyone one starts toting how much better the Diablo looks, (and in some peoples personal preference that is true,) keep in mind we have had 20+ years to look at, critique, examine and analyze from every angle and perspective the Diablo. The revealing picture of LP-700 has been on the radar for what, two days?

The pic of the LP700 is not very flattering imo, it looks like they use a very wide lens making the rear look narrow. I imagine it will look a lot better from other angles/perspectives.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yikes.

getting a little personal here now.

lets be a little civil and more respectful to one another.

you guys think the porsche 918 will get the same passionate debates when it comes out ?

yikes.

getting a little personal here now.

lets be a little civil and more respectful to one another.

you guys think the porsche 918 will get the same passionate debates when it comes out ?

Let us handle what's "personal" or not, ok captain 182 posts? :icon_thumleft:

The 918 is a tech demonstrator that will be sold to fewer than 1000 people over its entire run. Porsche's financial status won't be greatly impacted by whether it fails or not.

If the LP700 is a dud, Lambo's financial future WILL be affected greatly.

Back on topic.

The pic of the LP700 is not very flattering imo, it looks like they use a very wide lens making the rear look narrow. I imagine it will look a lot better from other angles/perspectives.

It will look like the camo cars that we've seen to death with paint.

Not sure why people are thinking "oh just wait until you see it for REAL!!"...we already have. The newest shots show all of the surface features and extra bits, that orange photo revealed nothing we haven't already seen.

It looks good to my eye. Not a revolution, sort of a Murcie-Evo as Allan described it, and that's good enough for me. To take a risk visually is to also risk failure (sorry HH, but the Hyura is hideous compared to the Zonda) and I prefer them not leaping into the abyss from a design standpoint when I am such a pain in the ass to please. :icon_mrgreen:

Just wait untill you get to walk around it theres so many cool things,And yes the fit and finish are alot better than the lp640/670.You will be floored the first time its seen on the road.

Just wait untill you get to walk around it theres so many cool things,And yes the fit and finish are alot better than the lp640/670.You will be floored the first time its seen on the road.

Plus no one has focused on how dated the Murcie's INTERIOR was.

Just the improvment of going to a glass cockpit combined with revised ergonomics (no feet shifted right towards the pedals like some sort of polio patient) is a big thing for people who will actually own the car.

As everyone has known, but found out in detail more recently with the jalopnik expose, Ferrari ALWAYS rigs their cars to beat the competition in magazine tests. Yet in real life, ALWAYS lost to Lamborghini except their upper echelon halo cars-Enzo, F40, F50, etc.

F430 would get smoked by the Gallardo all day in every way shape and form. Just like the 458 and 458 Scuderia will with the Gallardo replacement.

I do believe that Lambo is behind the 8 ball releasing their entry level cars AFTER Ferrari does though

Lets not go crazy with the 430 getting SMOKED by a Gallardo.. A 360 will get smoked forsure.. A 430 not soo much.. Do I think a Gallardo will win, yes I do, but you will be splitting hairs, not to mention it depends on what models your talking about.. When I drove a Gallardo or a 360 with Egear/F1, I thought to myself how awefull those transmissions were. The 360 CS was better. The Lambos 6 speed was much better in my eyes than Ferrari's , and at the time all I wanted was a 6 speed. When the F430 arrived I drove Alex's F1, and that was my first inclination that I was starting to like F1, and it was miles better than both the 360's and Gallardos. Where the Gallardo was and is much better than the F430 inmo was visually, performance on par, and build quality in the Gallardos favor aswell.

Ain't got no Murcie, but how about a Diablo from almost the same angle? :eusa_dance:

diablo wins hand down man

it's a masterpiece...

Not sure why people are thinking "oh just wait until you see it for REAL!!"...we already have. The newest shots show all of the surface features and extra bits, that orange photo revealed nothing we haven't already seen.

It looks good to my eye. Not a revolution, sort of a Murcie-Evo as Allan described it, and that's good enough for me. To take a risk visually is to also risk failure (sorry HH, but the Hyura is hideous compared to the Zonda) and I prefer them not leaping into the abyss from a design standpoint when I am such a pain in the ass to please. :icon_mrgreen:

I too think the Hyura is hideous, and so far Im not digging the 918.. What I am interested from Porsche is the rumored TTV8 458/Mclaren/lambo competitor

allan, in all honesty. if the new LP700 had 100 more hp and was 250lbs lighter would you have had a deposit down and not bought a 458? (considering everything else was the same)

I paid OVER Msrp for my 458 to get it now, rather than wait a few months and order one.. So in my case I took the hit! :lol2: So you have to know that if I paid OVER sticker, this damn car really impressed me to have to have it immidietely..

And what we are talking about is not what makes financial sense for us, what it will take for Lambo to stay afloat... So we can hoot and hollar about the new car allday long, we can buy them used down the road, none of that will change what happens with Lambo TODAY...

Everyone here knows I love lambo, and its funny that for the first time ever in regards to timing I found myself being able to step up to bat and order a brand new model intro Lambo.. And for the first time I ever, I found myself with ZERO desire to do so.. Time has moved on... When the Countach was introduced, there were ZERO competitors, the Diablo... again nothing came close... The Murcielago came and even though passable, was the first Lambo to somewhat dissapoint.. I had both the SV and the Murci.. as we all saw the Murci got sold rather quickly.. It just again was not a big leap forward.. But yet again what did you have to choose from? Porsche at the time was snoozing, a ferrari 550/575? nothing.. In todays market you have soo many choices... Porsches hitting 0-60 in 2.6 sec bone stock running mid 10's in the 1/4, same as Nissan GTR's, you have Ferrari's 458, you have the new Mclaren coming, all cars that we all know are more advanced than the Lp700 even before its released at a lesser cost.

You have to look at from a real standpoint.. You think this car is not antiquated? Ok, well ask yourself, to compete in the marketplace with the Mclaren and 458, do you think the Gallardo will have to be faster than the Mclaren? Do you think it will need to have DCT? has history shown that the lesser Lambo outperforms the bigger flagship in most aspects? The bread and butter lambo will need to be able to compete on those levels, levels where the lp700 loses before its even been introduced..

Are you not tired of reading road tests where other cars always seem to come out ahead? I mean lets be honest, even with the Gallardo/430 most head to head compros picked the 430. The Murcielago was always hailed as a car moreso to be seen in, rather than to drive.. Everytime a new model is introduced Lambo has a chance to do something great, and yet again they dropped the ball.. It will always be hailed as another option to a CLASS LEADER..

:iamwithstupid:

allan, in all honesty. if the new LP700 had 100 more hp and was 250lbs lighter would you have had a deposit down and not bought a 458? (considering everything else was the same)

No.. The styling is not a leap forward and the transmission is an excuse. Inmo, All Lambo did well was the chassis and forgot about the rest. The car is a nice car, but it will no doubt be compared to supercars of yesterday, not the cars of tommorow.. So the question will stand do you want to live in the future at the forefront or reminisce about the past?

One thing Ill also add as to how dissapointing the car is to me, Lambo is known for incredible wheel designs.. I mean all of them have been bad ass! I even loved the original Murcielagos wheels.. These wheels fcuking suck ass..

i remember the first Muricielago: i was not impressed at all by that car, too fat and by far less aggresive than the Diablo 6.0. A disappointing car, with not much more tech than the former Diablo.

This new LP700 is different. A lot different and better.

Despite this, the Murcie sold 4000+ pieces.

This LP 700will sold twice, there is a lot of interest on this car.

Sure i do not have the money to buy one, but neither Balboni has the money to buy the LP700: he told us the car is fantastic and can destroy a Murcie whatever the Murcie is.

Why i put my money on a Countach? because it is seductive, a masterpiece you can not forget: i could buy two old Murcies with the 200+ K USd i put on the Countach deal. LP 700 is seductive, not like Countach but enough to keep high value on the resale market: a thing that Murcie and Gallardo never did.

I think i will buy one when it will be old: this is what i thought when i saw the car.

May be it's better, for Allan, to wait and see the car live and drive it, before judging if it's good or not: that bad photo does not show car's beauty at all.

Ok Allan? we will continue this discusion next week, when you will se the car at Geneva car show, live or online. May be you still ndo not like it, but probably you will change a bit your mind.

ciao

We are all a bunch of spoil bastards, it makes me laugh at the though of what we are arguing about, few milliseconds and which huypercar which BTW costs more that what some third world countries have left in their budget, should I buy.

At the end of the day you will always buy what visually stimulates you and what makes commercial sense to you.

Lambo V Ferrari, David V Goliath, that's the reason I love the brand f**k Goliath, Lambo reminds me of my humble beginnings working hard to get somewhere, going against the grain, doing things that went against every "experts" opinion.

Lamborghini is extreme, uncompromising almost illogical that's what I like about it.

I don't care about pretty screens and buttons, milliseconds and a bunch of acronyms for all sorts of computer aids.

You don't buy these cars because you need them or because one is few milliseconds faster than the other you buy them because of what they represent to you and how they make you feel.

i remember the first Muricielago: i was not impressed at all by that car, too fat and by far less aggresive than the Diablo 6.0. A disappointing car, with not much more tech than the former Diablo.

This new LP700 is different. A lot different and better.

Despite this, the Murcie sold 4000+ pieces.

This LP 700will sold twice, there is a lot of interest on this car.

Sure i do not have the money to buy one, but neither Balboni has the money to buy the LP700: he told us the car is fantastic and can destroy a Murcie whatever the Murcie is.

Why i put my money on a Countach? because it is seductive, a masterpiece you can not forget: i could buy two old Murcies with the 200+ K USd i put on the Countach deal. LP 700 is seductive, not like Countach but enough to keep high value on the resale market: a thing that Murcie and Gallardo never did.

I think i will buy one when it will be old: this is what i thought when i saw the car.

May be it's better, for Allan, to wait and see the car live and drive it, before judging if it's good or not: that bad photo does not show car's beauty at all.

Ok Allan? we will continue this discusion next week, when you will se the car at Geneva car show, live or online. May be you still ndo not like it, but probably you will change a bit your mind.

ciao

Do you really think I didnt know EXACTLY what this car looked like BEFORE I bought the 458? :eusa_think:

I too think the Hyura is hideous, and so far Im not digging the 918.. What I am interested from Porsche is the rumored TTV8 458/Mclaren/lambo competitor

You've completely lost all hopes for the new Esprit, huh?? :huh:

You've completely lost all hopes for the new Esprit, huh?? :huh:

I think they will die before the car is ever released... Id love for that car to come out, but as of now I think I have a better chance of seeing god..

I think they will die before the car is ever released... Id love for that car to come out, but as of now I think I have a better chance of seeing god..

New Esprit isn't even on the table, it's a fantasy. And how would any Esprit suprass what McLaren has already accomplished honestly?

They're a historical footnote and their leadership team is already on the hunt for new jobs according to several headhunters in the industry. Time moves on, sadly, and the money just doesn't appear to be there.

I think they will die before the car is ever released... Id love for that car to come out, but as of now I think I have a better chance of seeing enzo..

:icon_mrgreen:

Lambo V Ferrari, David V Goliath, that's the reason I love the brand f**k Goliath, Lambo reminds me of my humble beginnings working hard to get somewhere, going against the grain, doing things that went against every "experts" opinion.

Lamborghini is extreme, uncompromising almost illogical that's what I like about it.

I don't care about pretty screens and buttons, milliseconds and a bunch of acronyms for all sorts of computer aids.

You don't buy these cars because you need them or because one is few milliseconds faster than the other you buy them because of what they represent to you and how they make you feel.

Spot on imo. It's a different car for different people, and obviously the SE30 Jota for me.

To do some highlights:

Comfy to drive? No, unless you're doing 100 mph ++

Practical? On par with an MC.

Good track car? Nope.

Hitech stuff? Some for the time it was built, like lots of CF, antispin, variable inlet.

Nothing amazing or revolutionary there...

So what's the deal about the car? Well, every time I see it, I get the same "holy shit look at that car" feeling. Granted I only see the car 3-4 months a year, but still after 5 years it has that effect on me. Driving it is a very special feeling, there's some mechanical noise, and you can feel the engine in the whole car when you floor it, like it's connected to your spine. It's still a fast car even by todays standards, and even though it's 17 years old I get a lot of people asking me if the the car is new. Obviously people with no clue at all, but that's what it looks like a lot of average Joes, and that says a lot. A truly timeless design.

Nothing wrong with making a good car, but Lamborghini has never been about making the best car. It's been about making the craziest, most outrageous, head-turning thing on the road. And this is what Lamborghini is to me.

But times have changed.

There are a bunch that have already stated that they have placed orders on this site.

As far as our dad goes, out of respect for him:I don't want to speak for him, nor air his business online, but that is not what he told me. Maybe he has changed his mind about buying one down the road now. Havent spoken to him in a while.

Most people are getting smart after our tremendous economic drop. Why buy any car new anymore? For the smell? To be the first idiot to drive it? Wait a year, let any issues be addressed by the factory on the first year models, and buy one lightly used for much less. This applies to all brands.

Let the uber wealthy or new money 20-30 somethings, or dumb money take a big hit, and bottom feed off of it. I have always done this on all cars (not in the same money ballpark, but same concept).

You look at a brand new benz at $100k. Why buy new when you can get it a year down the line for $65k?

I will not be buying the LP700. I will however eventually buy an 04-05 Gallardo as almost if not all of the depreciation is already out of it, and I can drive a well maintained car without worrying about taking a hit on it.

Again, I am cheap, but that is my mentality, and I believe it is shared with most on here as we are an educated community. :icon_thumleft:

This has been how i have puchased every exotic I ever had. I never bought a brand new car (EXOTIC) out of the showroom only normal everyday cars. I usually find one a few months to a year old, with 1,000 or less miles and then pay too much for it. :icon_mrgreen: I had just bought my LP640 a few moths prior o the unveiling and had not intention of buying one as I love my LP.

The very second they lifted the cover off of this car I immediatly decided this will be my first brand new Exotic car i will buy because it blew me away!

Because I always purchased cars that were right there for me to see is probably why I was having so much trouble with my factory order. Exterior Color, interior color annd options, it was driving me nuts.

For this one purchase I am more then happy "take a big hit, and let someone else bottom feed off of it." .

I can't wait to get it and don't have one ounce of buyers remorse!

When it comes down to it, the only ones that need to love the LP700 are the ones that are buying one! The others can look at it with disgust and vomit from it's hidious looks from a distance!