Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 LEAKED

Assman

I don't understand your criticism? I understand the transmissions work differently but Allan was saying basically that is was no big deal that the aventador shifts faster then cars that have been in production and are soon to be out of production and I was asking for my own knowledge what was coming out that would be shifting faster?

It takes a real fruitcake to criticize some one trying to learn about something they don't know. :icon_thumleft:

its simple.. 2 exact cars.. one shifts in 50ms, 1 in 10ms.... Both take off at the same time.. after 5 shifts.. which one is ahead? Shift times play a huge part.. Can make cars faster with less power.. And now on a Egear or F1 car I find the pause between shifts annoying..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK man lover here ya go.

A DSG is actually a seemless box. Which means that in cars like the 458/GTR etc the engineers have programed in actual lag time so the driver can feel the shifts.

In single clutch cars like the Disapoinmentador, you have real shift times measured in milliseconds. The Scuderia was sitting at about 50 milseconds. So, is this new box fast? Yes it is. Is it technologically up to speed? No.

The other things that make a differnce is just in normal driving where a DSG lacks most of the shuttering and balking off the line.

AND...we haven't even got to the maintenance issues. There is none with a DGS. You can't say that about a single clutch......ask some of the SV onwers how their clutches have held up???????

You sounded less like a cry baby when you kept repeating that you're reserving judgment until you drive the car. :icon_mrgreen:

You sounded less like a cry baby when you kept repeating that you're reserving judgment until you drive the car. :icon_mrgreen:

I'am reserving judgement.

And I'm not crying for shit. I expected more from this car. Technologically it is behind. The whole things seems like it was ruched into production (which it was) Looks of the car are an opinion. I personally think it is not what I expected. In person, the front does nothing for me. It actually look a little awkward. I expected a style that didn't look like a rammed a Gallardo up a Reventon's ass.

OK man lover here ya go.

A DSG is actually a seemless box. Which means that in cars like the 458/GTR etc the engineers have programed in actual lag time so the driver can feel the shifts.

In single clutch cars like the Disapoinmentador, you have real shift times measured in milliseconds. The Scuderia was sitting at about 50 milseconds. So, is this new box fast? Yes it is. Is it technologically up to speed? No.

The other things that make a differnce is just in normal driving where a DSG lacks most of the shuttering and balking off the line.

AND...we haven't even got to the maintenance issues. There is none with a DGS. You can't say that about a single clutch......ask some of the SV onwers how their clutches have held up???????

Exactly. Trying to get off the line fast without power launching is MY biggest complaint of the single clutches. The next complaint is the lack of smoothness in auto mode.

Your all a bunch off crybabies ( some off you ), what the F... dous it take to please you whiners ?

When the reventon came out , you wanted it to be te murci's replacement , well ... what is this car NOW , its more radical and sure looks better than the Rev.

You said Lambo was years behind with the tube frame , and "DEMANDED" a CF tub . Hmm , i wonder .....

It needs to be lighter then the Murci , more power , etc , etc....

Lamborghini did ALL this and its still not good enough . This is Lamborghini , they do things there way .

They dont have to make "better" cars then any off those 10-car-per-year company's .

This is a major improvement over the Murci and thats where it counts

If you want the fastest , the biggest , the whatever , you can buy cars every 2 months these days , but they sure dont have the PASSION lambo has .

I'am reserving judgement.

And I'm not crying for shit. I expected more from this car. Technologically it is behind. The whole things seems like it was ruched into production (which it was) Looks of the car are an opinion. I personally think it is not what I expected. In person, the front does nothing for me. It actually look a little awkward. I expected a style that didn't look like a rammed a Gallardo up a Reventon's ass.

... and who can blame you for having set different expectations. It's like the hot chick you've been wining and dining for a couple of months now finally took the cloths off and she looks nowhere near as hot naked. But who is truely to blame here? I'd say your expectations... :icon_thumleft:

OK man lover here ya go.

Keith,

I generally agree with you brotha. The Nissan GTR DCT Gearbox has grenaded numerous times on numerous owners, and on the EARLY cars couldn't take abuse. They have somewhat corrected it on the later models.

The LP700 transmission is essentually a DCT Gearbox without the second clutch as it actuates the next gear just like a DCT car does, but instead of doing it at the clutch, it does it at the gear level IIRC. Ony question mark is how will the studdering the egear cars had be remedied? If that is fixed they did wonders, and made essentially a lighter DCT box.

I do agree however it didnt sound as fast in the video. Would like to see in car video at full tilt to get conclusive evidence.

Surely those interior vents will not be production...they look like something out of a Chevy Malibu. The rest looks good, but those are fcuking pathetic.

omg im in love! they have managed to make a car more aggressive looking than the Murcielago! the rear is beyond belief and the front, though not "pretty" like an aston is very in-your-face.

Really looks sharp in the video.

Wish they had gone with the Rosso Andromeda that Cartoon did instead of the orange, wow is that shockingly CT-like in a good way.

Plastic interior bits look very cheap, but overall the interior is laid out well and has much better usability and ergonomics than the previous car. The digital dash looks solid, and superior to their first attempt on one in the Reventon by a good margin.

They also got the LED lights right this time around over the anemic ones on the LP560.

The more I see of it the more I like it. It may be the best of today's tech...or even yesterday's...but it's likely good enough that only at 10/10ths and hopping between cars would someone notice any deficiencies.

:icon_thumleft:

Thanks 007!! Great find. Everyone who was worried about the redline...its at 8250 RPM. Can't wait to hear this direct injected beast now.

wow, looks good in that video. Anyone got a slot open for one of the first cars? haha.

Some other tech tidbits that stood out (and were unknown previously) for those who don't want to read that lengthy PR about the car:

-The Drive Select Mode System enables the driver to choose vehicle characteristics (engine, transmission, differential, steering and dynamic control) from three settings – Strada (road), Sport and Corsa (track) – to suit his individual preferences.

-The fully electronic controlled coupling device for the front wheels (the ‘old’ viscous coupling) is another key point of the powertrain: it is able to continuously distribute the right torque to the front wheels for always attaining the best performance aspired to by the driver. The torque distribution to the front wheels can vary continuously from 0% to 60% of the total torque available.

-Responsive handling characteristics at all speeds: This [suspension] solution offers a whole series of impressive benefits: due to the combination of the double wishbone and pushrod arrangement, wheel control and damper remain separate from each other. As a result, handling is more responsive and easier to manage at all speeds, while rigid connection to the chassis also improves the precise and spontaneous reaction of the springs and dampers. As a result, spring stiffness can be notched back a little – comfort increases, while precision remains.

that orange doesnt seem to be the colour to have. kinda too tame of a red.

:iamwithstupid:

Not a fan of it, prefer the grigio estoque, but really wish they had done that rosso andromeda that cartoon whipped out. Shockingly good in that color...

Not a fan of it, prefer the grigio estoque, but really wish they had done that rosso andromeda that cartoon whipped out. Shockingly good in that color...

I like it, but I wouldnt get it. VI would be my first choice, but there are a lot of the dark greys I like (like what I had on my 560). White or black is always a good and safe choice too.

what I find interesting is that lambo's concept actually make their way into the production cars. the Reventon (not actually a concept but lambo stated it would be their design future) clearly paved the way for everything after it. the Estoque's many features are in this car and im guessing a lot of the Sesto Elemento's tech will soon be making an entrance too. next few years will be very interesting in my opinion.