My thoughts & pics of the Aventador

topjay

So today i got to spend some real time in the new car on my own here are my pics and thoughts:

Lamborghini were absolutely total asses on the stand they could not have made us feel any less welcome and even with a personal invitation were not keen for us to be on the stand, think it was because we were young and wearing jeans as they were letting some suited up mongs in without any questions to the front stand anyway. Seriously unimpressed with them, unhelpful and rude. On the other hand I also had invitations to Bentley and Pagani who were both so helpful and informative it really showed up Lamborghini as very, very poor. Pagai especially were fantastic, i can only imagine the owneship would be like with them as it's so personal and such a small company and mostly family (I'm sold on them in case you didn't guess).

Firstly I was unconvinced after seeing the car at the factory but they have made several tweaks in styling since then that which has dramatically improved the car to the real thing which i saw today, now i'm totally sold. Can't wait to get mine, it's going to be seriously awesome!!!

Car is very large coming from a gallardo i think it may be hard work on smaller roads, but that is to be expected. Still got a big overhang on the nose, so will need skid plates, even the show car had small grazes underneath. Seats are now adjustable up and down which is nice and the cabin is very comfortable and a nice place to be. Makes th murci look very old.

Styling is great all round, my only dislike now is the wing mirrors as they are just giant versions of gallardo ones and look a bit weird as they are massive.

There is also a need for carbon in a few places on the car where it is matt plastic especially round the vents and intakes. Hopefully they will offer this as an option. Same goes inside, needs carbon instead of whats in it, a couple of bits look a little cheap at the moment especially the steering wheel in plastic, switches are nice though.

All in all awesome car, hope its performance lives up to it's looks, it should be a rocket though. Loving it, trances all the opposition that we have seen so far.

Also to me grey looked real good, but the red not so much.

Anyway i will let you make your own minds up here are the pics:

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0123.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

DSCN9330.JPG

DSCN9352.JPG

DSCN9353.JPG

DSCN9358.JPG

DSCN9363.JPG

DSCN9365.JPG

DSCN9381.JPG

DSCN9382.JPG

DSCN9391.JPG

DSCN9393.JPG

DSCN9394.JPG

Thanks for the write up and pictures. What styling changes did they make between you seeing it at the factory and then in Geneva?

Great write up, and my god the GRIGIO ESTOQUE.... :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

With those LEDs being so pronounced it looks like lighting in a thunderstorm on that color. Wow. :icon_super:

Thanks for the write up and pictures. What styling changes did they make between you seeing it at the factory and then in Geneva?

I think there must be some minor bits as well because it looks a lot better now.

But most notable:

Different front bumper, didn't have a point on the top edge before, was rounded.

No rear spoiler, just flat one panel back.

No slatted glass engine cover, it was the same clear back cover as gallardo.

The Grigio Estoque car looks amazing, and you've picked some great angles for the shots. Any chance of higher resolution?

Tell me what you want and i'll put it up, i've got close ups of most of the panels as well if you want something in particular.

From this angle, with these wheels, the car looks soo much like a Gallardo its rediculous..

It does, but you know the drill. This is a car that's half a foot longer than the SV, and as wide. In real life I don't think it's as close as it looks in those pics, with the exception of the mirrors.

The mirrors really were a mistake, just too close.

Great write up, and my god the GRIGIO ESTOQUE.... :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft: :monkeyleft:

With those LEDs being so pronounced it looks like lighting in a thunderstorm on that color. Wow. :icon_super:

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

The red is just fugly, the gray much much better, but agree with VBOX on the tan interior.

Are the silver bits in the interior aluminum or plastic? Those would look so much better in carbon fiber!

From this angle, with these wheels, the car looks soo much like a Gallardo its rediculous..

Yep it does.

The car really looks like a Gallardo fucked a Reventon and it's their bastard child.

I havent seen the car in person obviously but that rear end looks pretty awful in the pics. Go ahead and flame but from the pics its looking like the ball was dropped completely in the design department. The rest of the car is nothing short of awesomeness.

I havent seen the car in person obviously but that rear end looks pretty awful in the pics. Go ahead and flame but from the pics its looking like the ball was dropped completely in the design department. The rest of the car is nothing short of awesomeness.

I like the rear, the only thing I dont like as for looks so far are the side mirrors and on the interior I dont like the cheap looking vents.

lol to see teh grigio estoque placed on first floor, replacing the chassis which was there during press days - for me the best looking color of the 3.

Thanks for the writeup dude

I like the rear, the only thing I dont like as for looks so far are the side mirrors and on the interior I dont like the cheap looking vents.

:iamwithstupid:

This is where I'm at with the car. I've made peace with most of my early issues, but the mirrors and cheap bits inside are a bitch.

Not a dealbreaker, but I could see how others feel differently.

What do you mean it looks like, I thought it was the Gallardo replacement , it looks like the Gallardo it has the Gallardo mirrors and interior buttons the front is G car the side is G car but they changed the back I wondered why they added 2 extra cylinders. It makes a pretty good Gallardo replacement but not a Murcie replacement there it falls short. When does the real Murcie replacement come out. Now I know why all the Gallardo owners love it.

Tell me what you want and i'll put it up, i've got close ups of most of the panels as well if you want something in particular.

Awesome, thanks! I'd particularly like high-res versions of IMG_0116, IMG_0129 and IMG_0131, please. The Arancio side view, Grigio full-body front view, and Grigio rear view.

The car really looks like a Gallardo fucked a Reventon and it's their bastard child.

That sums it up nicely!

This is where I'm at with the car. I've made peace with most of my early issues, but the mirrors and cheap bits inside are a bitch.

Not a dealbreaker, but I could see how others feel differently.

I can deal with these but what I can't wrap my head around are how sad the doors look when they are up. It looks after market and everytime I see them up I think I'm reminded of the ebay adds for honda accords with "Lambo style doors". I know saftey regulations and US spec are a deciding factor in this but why couldn't they be like the old doors? They were US spec. There are many parts of the Lamborghini DNA that run through each car which I love and always have, however this peice of DNA got really f**ked up.