My thoughts & pics of the Aventador

topjay

Great stuff, thanks.

Yep it does.

The car really looks like a Gallardo fucked a Reventon and it's their bastard child.

Yup. It's amazing how lamborghini just keeps on finding new ways to fcuk Reventon owners.

Any chance you noticed the rear visibilty from the drivers seat? Wondering if it is non existent and parking and any higher traffic driving will be a PIA. Not a huge fan of the GTO but being able to see what the hell is going on around you is a plus.

This car has really grown on me. In regards to the color, I like all three of the colors that were shown, but the white is just amazing. Thanks for the write-up and pics. The interior definitely needs a little carbon.

Any chance you noticed the rear visibilty from the drivers seat? Wondering if it is non existent and parking and any higher traffic driving will be a PIA. Not a huge fan of the GTO but being able to see what the hell is going on around you is a plus.

Non existent.

Lamborghini were absolutely total asses on the stand they could not have made us feel any less welcome and even with a personal invitation were not keen for us to be on the stand, think it was because we were young and wearing jeans as they were letting some suited up mongs in without any questions to the front stand anyway. Seriously unimpressed with them, unhelpful and rude. On the other hand I also had invitations to Bentley and Pagani who were both so helpful and informative it really showed up Lamborghini as very, very poor. Pagai especially were fantastic, i can only imagine the owneship would be like with them as it's so personal and such a small company and mostly family (I'm sold on them in case you didn't guess).

This is part of the reason that made going with the Pagani a no brainer for me. I was visiting both factories just a few weeks ago. With Pagani, you were amongst friends and family. Everyone had time for us no matter how busy they were. Lots of quality time with Horacio, Alberto, and all the others. Everyone deeply passionate and proud of their work.

At Lamborghini we felt almost like we were annoying them. We were hurried through a so-so tour and that was only after we had told them this was our 8th Lambo and that we had the new car on order. It felt like a cold machine in comparison. Not a lot of focus on the customer experience.

Now Lamborghini definitely have people who get customer service (we were treated much better this summer), but it doesn't appear to be a company value in the same way as it is with Pagani. So when the decision comes to buy a car, it's pretty clear. Do you want to buy from your friends or from some corporation that'd rather just see you on your way.

The mix of metal looking switches with the G plastic style center buttons just looks horrible, I think white with saddle interior would look epic.

This is part of the reason that made going with the Pagani a no brainer for me. I was visiting both factories just a few weeks ago. With Pagani, you were amongst friends and family. Everyone had time for us no matter how busy they were. Lots of quality time with Horacio, Alberto, and all the others. Everyone deeply passionate and proud of their work.

At Lamborghini we felt almost like we were annoying them. We were hurried through a so-so tour and that was only after we had told them this was our 8th Lambo and that we had the new car on order. It felt like a cold machine in comparison. Not a lot of focus on the customer experience.

Now Lamborghini definitely have people who get customer service (we were treated much better this summer), but it doesn't appear to be a company value in the same way as it is with Pagani. So when the decision comes to buy a car, it's pretty clear. Do you want to buy from your friends or from some corporation that'd rather just see you on your way.

Webster I am not trying to make an excuse for Lamborghini but you can't really expect the same personalized customer service level even though as a customer you are entitled to it, larger corporations tend to take their hand off the pulse when it comes to pleasing customers unfortunately.

Pagani owns a very small company that builds a hand full of cars, customers at that level aren't easy to come by when in less than 12 months you put on the table in excess of € 2,000,000 for two cars you are his golden goose.

I would expect to be flown in by private jet put up in the most luxurious hotel and have a valet for the duration of my stay :icon_mrgreen:

On the other hand I also had invitations to Bentley and Pagani who were both so helpful and informative it really showed up Lamborghini as very, very poor. Pagai especially were fantastic, i can only imagine the owneship would be like with them as it's so personal and such a small company and mostly family (I'm sold on them in case you didn't guess).

Pagani have to be especially fantastic so that people will buy their new ugly car. :icon_mrgreen: sorry but hate the Huayra, love the Zonda.

"The car really looks like a Gallardo fucked a Reventon and it's their bastard child " quoted by Keith.

Styling is a big thing for Lamborghini!

There are always distinctive styling differenes between Muira -- Countach -- Diablo -- Murci.

The hard effort by the Lambo design team trying to "out-do" the previous halo car model as far as styling concern is so obvious and breathtaking!

Under Winkleman' leadership, factory again and again to a lot of degrees whored the brand just to sell a few more cars especially to

customers from the emerging markets. The best example: 13 Gallardo variants.

The technology and performance of this new halo car is wonderful,. However; to me, this Aventador's styling is just another "easy-way-out" by the design team. Only the insiders know whether the Audi upper brass and/or Winkleman's people shall be accused of.

I am just hoping that factory with all sale orders coming in especially from emergening markets will HONESTLY "upgrade/update" Aventador styling for incoming years!!!!!!!!!!

To answer various people, the red and grey cars were the only cars there yesterday, neither colour is my favorite but grey looked better than the new orange/red to me, my girlfriend thought the opposite though so who knows. Biege interior looked ok in person but again not a favorite for me.

No pics of the vents or spoiler up unfortunately, but here is one down.

DSCN9371.JPG

Car does not look like a Gallardo in person even though it has a few similarities in styling, the only identifiable part of pure Gallardo styling is the mirrors.

Rear view is not so good, top 2 looking in, bottom 2 looking out.

DSCN9384.JPG

DSCN9385.JPG

DSCN9397.JPG

DSCN9398.JPG

Awesome, thanks! I'd particularly like high-res versions of IMG_0116, IMG_0129 and IMG_0131, please. The Arancio side view, Grigio full-body front view, and Grigio rear view.

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0131.JPG

Grey looks great.

What's up with the LP560 SL, I knew there was a thread on here but no one has posted pics or what?

To answer various people, the red and grey cars were the only cars there yesterday, neither colour is my favorite but grey looked better than the new orange/red to me, my girlfriend thought the opposite though so who knows. Biege interior looked ok in person but again not a favorite for me.

No pics of the vents or spoiler up unfortunately, but here is one down.

post-14018-1299232305.jpg

very curious to how does those two vents/wings work.

they don't appear to have an axis which they can rotate on like the Murcie. anyone have any pictures or idea how they work?

Tell me what you want and i'll put it up, i've got close ups of most of the panels as well if you want something in particular.

I would really appreciate seeing interior shots of the Grigio Estoque. I assume the interior was "BiColor Elegante" (Terra Semele/Nero Ade) and it doesn't look very good to me!

Thanks. Great shots overall

John

very curious to how does those two vents/wings work.

they don't appear to have an axis which they can rotate on like the Murcie. anyone have any pictures or idea how they work?

The only place i have seen them open is on this video at 1:16 to 1:18.

i hit the stop button. the rear wing looks very cool. The air intakes don't look open very much, but at the veiwing, I think I remember them being opened more then that because they were very noticable. . Not sure if there is one position or multiple when it comes to how much the aire intakes open.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice write up thank you. Sorry to hear Lamborghini treated you in that way, yeah for Pagani customers come first. From what i heard Pagani is a really warm company and Horacio Pagani always talks with customers or normal fans, he is very friendly. So buy a Huayra! :)