First Aventador Performance numbers coming in...

Allan-Herbie

I say lets wait and see more than just one mag test, or better yet, wait until some owners on this board to get their hands on the car. I don't see why a 700 HP, 3400 lb. car would not trap 133-134 mph, unless it is over-rated in power from the factory.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I say lets wait and see more than just one mag test, or better, yet, wait until some owners on this board to get their hands on the car. I don't see why a 700 HP, 3400 lb. car would not trap 133-134 mph, unless it is over-rated in power.

3400 pounds? I dunno about that. But I do agree it will run a lot faster than 11.2 in the quarter. There is no reason it cant match the Turbo S in 0-60 and quarter mile.

You shall soon see...

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. with such a low MPH the Mclaren will walk away, stock for stock, and modded the Mclaren will ruin it.. Where the Lp strength is.. off the line, cars like the mclaren and even a Turbo S will smoke it., and it looks like from a dead stop, yes even the mighty 458 will give it a run for its money as well as a lp570 superg..And lets not forget a 80K Gtr...

Then again if you want a fast car you buy a TTG or a 1000awhp gtr and smoke them all for 200k. or a TT/Built Z0-SIX for $70k.

All manufacturers will be in the same realm with regards to numbers. Must Super/Hyper cars coming out or that are out are low 11/high 10 second-low-mid 130 trapping cars. ALL OF THEM. ZR1, 458, PDK, GTR, MCUGLY, 599GTO, LP570, LP670, GT2 RS, etc. Wont be much of a loss for any of these cars in a straight line 0-100 stock vs. stock. A car length or 2 at best.

Boils down to what looks best. Which of that bunch is Aventador and 599GTO.

3400 pounds? I dunno about that. But I do agree it will run a lot faster than 11.2 in the quarter. There is no reason it cant match the Turbo S in 0-60 and quarter mile.

I thought that was what the Aventador was rated at? Or was it 3500 lbs? I haven't kept up on my Aventador info very well, and I thought that was the last thing I read about it.

I thought that was what the Aventador was rated at? Or was it 3500 lbs? I haven't kept up on my Aventador info very well, and I thought that was the last thing I read about it.

Maybe the dry weight is between 3400-3500. The real weight will be a lot more.

Boils down to what looks best. Which of that bunch is Aventador and 599GTO.

What?? Pssshhhh....GTR all the way... :lol2:

I see...

The world outside of US of A doesn't give a flying fcuk about 1/4 miles.

Capt. Not arguing. You didn't see my point brotha. Has nothing to do about caring about quarter mile times. Has to do with your political agenda comment. CO2 and speeds above posted speed limits don't matter in auto magazine testing as all of them test far over posted speed limits except when it says: *manufacturer claim

Well I don't know about this test but when the magazines tested the prototype they said that the car is alot faster than the SV

I hate to beat a dead horse here, but if the new '12 GTR is cooking the new Aventador on 0-60 and in the corners with more weight and half the cylinders, and the new McLaren will beat it's ass with less HP and less cost, what can this car really DO? It's not outrageous enough of a design to warrant being overtaken by a Nissan. And especially when the Gallardo replacement comes out, surely it will beat its ass in the corners. I don't get it.

I think it will be around 3700 lbs...

You shall soon see...

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. with such a low MPH the Mclaren will walk away, stock for stock, and modded the Mclaren will ruin it.. Where the Lp strength is.. off the line, cars like the mclaren and even a Turbo S will smoke it., and it looks like from a dead stop, yes even the mighty 458 will give it a run for its money as well as a lp570 superg..And lets not forget a 80K Gtr...

No way any of those conlusions can be reached yet.

One test, one run, one driver, etc.

I recall an early 458 test on US soil (Car and Driver?) by some rag having the car far slower than it wound up being in multiple other tests, which means that test should be thrown out...it's just a slow anomaly.

I'm not making excuses, the numbers for the LP700 sound right to me, but no unbiased third party can draw any conclusion about anything from such a limited sphere of data....yet.

I think it will be around 3700 lbs...

:iamwithstupid:

At least.

It should be an SLR-ish 3,800lbs wet, with gas, on a real scale.

Yeah but the MP4 is car with 100hp less hitting those numbers, with higher tune-ability and $150k less in price.

The MP4 is to the LP700 as the 2012 Nissan GTR is to the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Sub 3 second cars, LP700, 2012 GTR, Turbo S, MP4, Veyron.

Or I guess if Allan's source is legit, the LP700 isn't really a 2.9s car and all us who have it on pre-order can do a class action suit for false advertising:P

The MP4 is to the LP700 as the 2012 Nissan GTR is to the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Sub 3 second cars, LP700, 2012 GTR, Turbo S, MP4, Veyron.

Or I guess if Allan's source is legit, the LP700 isn't really a 2.9s car and all us who have it on pre-order can do a class action suit for false advertising:P

I definitely disagree on your Mp4 analogy.

I definitely disagree on your Mp4 analogy.

Have you ever driven an MP4?:P

*or an LP700 for that matter?

Right, neither have I:P Hence neither of our opinions really matter much in that regard.

Have you ever driven an MP4?:P

Not yet, but Ive seen it..

Putting the Lp700 with Gallardos on track.. not a good idea

Oh, I guess if you like the look of the MP4. I was never a huge fan of the look, but that, as with all things, is subjective. I was totally gung ho on swapping the 458 for the MP4 too, especially given the car from a performance perspective is more or less better in every possible way in terms of comfort, speed, and handling, than anything else in existence. Maybe I can get one and slap a 458 body kit on it:P

It's quick, but how does it feel on the road....

One reviewer said that upshifting at full throttle at 75 mph was so hard that it triggered the traction control... that's kind of scary:P

Was that LP570 a pace car? or was it in the lead cause it was kicking the LP700's butt? If the latter, i'm glad I got the LP570.

Was that LP570 a pace car? or was it in the lead cause it was kicking the LP700's butt? If the latter, i'm glad I got the LP570.

I assume a pace car.