First Aventador Performance numbers coming in...

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

0-60 was said to be 2.9 secs :(

Only a GTR, PDK, and a Veyron can do that.. :icon_mrgreen:

On a more serious note, I am sure once various mags get their hands on it one of them will be able to hit the 2.9 sec mark to 60.

Well, press driving impressions embargo is today.

At the same time details of the new GT3 are being released. Hmmmm.

no love for gt3 now.. :eusa_dance:

I'm looking forward to hearing what they say. As for numbers, these days, any metrics that begin with speed 0 need to be retired. They really aren't indicative of anything anymore.

0-60? 0-100? Useless. The launch times and traction can only get so good.

Show me 25-100, 30-80, 45-90. My car is rarely going less than 15 mph. I'm more interested in realistic speed intervals.

0-60 was said to be 2.9 secs :(

I truly believe 0-60 needs to be eliminated as an official car testing stat.

We're at a level now where AWD and launch control are doing most of that work. A GTR's super fast 0-60 time is a bit misleading as to its real world roll on acceleration capabilities.

No longer need a McLaren F1 to hit 100 in 6.6. :icon_super:

Yeah but the MP4 is car with 100hp less hitting those numbers, with higher tune-ability and $150k less in price.

Yeah but the MP4 is car with 100hp less hitting those numbers, with higher tune-ability and $150k less in price.

Yeah, but the MP4 looks like the MP4 and not the LP700. The only question an owner needs to ask himself is which he wants to look at more. Oh, and which he can afford too.

Sounds right, the few Euro-SV tests that there are have that car doing 11.4 in the 1/4 mile in journo hands, the Aventahor offering a nearly identical power/weight ratio but being a couple tenths faster makes sense (better LC, faster tranny).

Plus we don't know the source of the numbers yet, and it's only one set of numbers at that, so lets go easy on the jumping to conclusions for now regarding this car versus anything else for the moment.

Also, 0-60 is the MOST variable, so those saying "but it didn't do it in 2.9", I would recommend 2 x valiums chased with an aged scotch.

For all we know in 10 tests from 10 mags it will produce 10 different results. I wouldn't sweat it being off a measly 10th... ;)

The car will run faster 0-60 and in the quarter for sure. A car with this much traction and trapping that high, I believe we will see deep sub 3s and slightly sub 11s.

I wonder when 60-130 will be an auto rag metric. That is becoming one of the biggest metrics that fast cars are measured with these days.

I wonder when 60-130 will be an auto rag metric. That is becoming one of the biggest metrics that fast cars are measured with these days.

Will never happen because of politics. IE only one country where that speed would be legal and the CO2 emissions...

It will have to be limited for performance cars as the average car measures that metric in hours. :icon_mrgreen:

Will never happen because of politics. IE only one country where that speed would be legal and the CO2 emissions...

I agree, however I have seen for some cars they measure 0-130, even 0-150 times.

They measure quarter mile traps at 130+mph, and top speed in many instances. What is the difference? :eusa_think:

who tested?

You shall soon see...

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. with such a low MPH the Mclaren will walk away, stock for stock, and modded the Mclaren will ruin it.. Where the Lp strength is.. off the line, cars like the mclaren and even a Turbo S will smoke it., and it looks like from a dead stop, yes even the mighty 458 will give it a run for its money as well as a lp570 superg..And lets not forget a 80K Gtr...

You shall soon see...

Pretty dissapointing if you ask me.. with such a low MPH the Mclaren will walk away, stock for stock, and modded the Mclaren will ruin it.. Where the Lp strength is.. off the line, cars like the mclaren and even a Turbo S will smoke it., and it looks like from a dead stop, yes even the mighty 458 will give it a run for its money as well as a lp570 superg..And lets not forget a 80K Gtr...

Nah, IMO the car wasnt launched with those numbers...

They measure quarter mile traps at 130+mph, and top speed in many instances. What is the difference? :eusa_think:

The world outside of US of A doesn't give a flying fcuk about 1/4 miles.