First Aventador Performance numbers coming in...

Allan-Herbie

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when you use launch control? I've never used it ao I don't know.

When in Corsa the car doesn't shift itself

When you use L.C. the car will shift itself.

I wonder if they will ever do a GT version of the Aventador, like they did with the Diablo. Im curious how much weight can be removed from it.

I wonder if they will ever do a GT version of the Aventador, like they did with the Diablo. Im curious how much weight can be removed from it.

I'm sure we'll see an evolution of the car to a lighter more "performance oriented" car. It's only a matter of time.

I'm sure we'll see an evolution of the car to a lighter more "performance oriented" car. It's only a matter of time.

I hope you are right because that's what I would love to see.

I am sure Lambo left some room for growth, shave 200Kg and add another 50 HP now that would be a beast :icon_thumleft:

Other topic was locked due to a repost of the LP700 performance figures, so following up in this thread.

In any case, was going to follow up with a slightly different comparison metric.

100 kph - 200 kph

Koenigsegg Agera R - 4.6 s

Bugatti Veyron - 4.8 s

MP4-12C - 5.8 s

Koenigsegg Agera - 5.8 s

Ferrari Enzo - 5.9 s

LP700-4 - 6.0 s

McLaren F1 - 6.2 s

458 Italia - 6.3 s

599 GTO - 6.4 s

Carrera GT - 6.4 s

Turbo S - 6.8 s

599 GTB - 6.8 s

LP670-4 - 6.9 s

LP570-4 - 7.0 s

LP560-4 - 7.4 s

F430 - 8.4 s

Once again, grain of salt as most of these numbers were pulled from fastestlaps, but still, a solid showing by the LP700-4. That MP4-12C is just ridiculous though. Given 0-100 kph is 3.3 s and a 100kph-200kph of 5.8 s, that's some serious turbo lag...

Neither the LP700 nor the MP4 has been tested or confirmed outside of factory numbers, so I'm not sure why it needs to be analyzed to death at this early point.

Lets wait for real results, from real vboxes, in real journalist's hands before we start going over endless "pretend" comparisons... :icon_thumleft:

Neither the LP700 nor the MP4 has been tested or confirmed outside of factory numbers, so I'm not sure why it needs to be analyzed to death at this early point.

Lets wait for real results, from real vboxes, in real journalist's hands before we start going over endless "pretend" comparisons... :icon_thumleft:

There have easily been hundreds of posts about the LP700 prior to even knowledge of its name or existence. Pretend comparisons are like 50% of what the internet is about:P If we agreed to never discuss things that we haven't personally seen or driven, we might as well just wipe out the entire Aventador topic:P

From what I recall, factory numbers from these factories typically underestimate performance, as journalists somehow manage to shave off an extra .1 s off of everything. Considering fastestlaps.com takes either the factory times or demonstrated times, whichever is lower, this comparison is probably surprisingly valid.

There have easily been hundreds of posts about the LP700 prior to even knowledge of its name or existence. Pretend comparisons are like 50% of what the internet is about:P If we agreed to never discuss things that we haven't personally seen or driven, we might as well just wipe out the entire Aventador topic:P

From what I recall, factory numbers from these factories typically underestimate performance, as journalists somehow manage to shave off an extra .1 s off of everything. Considering fastestlaps.com takes either the factory times or demonstrated times, whichever is lower, this comparison is probably surprisingly valid.

Mako, I am going to have to agree with this. Internet car forums are built on the people who know almost nothing about a topic, and spend all day arguing about it....

Exactly, and we've had that conversation already in this thread (four pages now in fact). :icon_thumleft:

Unless there's new information that's valid, and not from A. The Factory, or B. Fastestlaps.com, everything past this point is a "what if" jerk off.

Not you personally, you're new phoenix. We're talking in general.

Welcome to the board, we're happy to have you.

Mako, I am going to have to agree with this. Internet car forums are built on the people who know almost nothing about a topic, and spend all day arguing about it....

LOL, yes, that unformately is very true, as we're seeing in this thread. :icon_mrgreen:

Nice Aaron. :icon_pray:

Exactly, and we've had that conversation already in this thread (four pages now in fact). :icon_thumleft:

Unless there's new information that's valid, and not from A. The Factory, or B. Fastestlaps.com, everything past this point is a "what if" jerk off.

Not you personally, you're new phoenix. We're talking in general.

Welcome to the board, we're happy to have you.

Makes sense:P Don't blame me, the demo cars have been delayed twice now!

Makes sense:P Don't blame me, the demo cars have been delayed twice now!

Numbers will hit soon, I'm actually a bit more miffed at the MP4 press cars which haven't been allowed to be instrumented yet despite launching earlier. :eusa_wall:

By the end of May we should have everything we've been waiting for on these cars for the past two years... :icon_thumleft:

Numbers will hit soon, I'm actually a bit more miffed at the MP4 press cars which haven't been allowed to be instrumented yet despite launching earlier. :eusa_wall:

By the end of May we should have everything we've been waiting for on these cars for the past two years... :icon_thumleft:

Very frustrating isn't it?

Do they realize that our whole existence as a car forum relies on those tedious fractions of a second??

The strategy is quite a big gamble on the part of the manufacturers, they tease us and make us wait so long they better deliver otherwise everyone will be pissed :icon_mrgreen:

Very frustrating isn't it?

Do they realize that our whole existence as a car forum relies on those tedious fractions of a second??

Correct, if it is (insert one tenth here) slower than (insert rival car), then the Aventahor is a (insert fail-type word).

:icon_mrgreen:

Correct, if it is (insert one tenth here) slower than (insert rival car), then the Aventahor is a (insert fail-type word).

:icon_mrgreen:

You know I am praying that it isn't because we will not hear the end of it from (insert certain member name) :lol2:

You know I am praying that it isn't because we will not hear the end of it from (insert certain member name) :lol2:

CROSS YOUR FINGERS, WE NEED ALL THE LUCK WE CAN GET...

Autoweek posted the following official numbers for the Aventador:

Consider a few of the Aventador numbers:

-- 0 to 60 mph in less than 2.9 seconds, or the time it takes your TV remote to change a channel.

-- 0 to 124 mph in 8.9 seconds, or the time it takes for a traffic signal to change from yellow to red (we assume that's in places without red-light cameras and allegedly "quick" yellows).

-- 0 to 186 mph in 24.5 seconds, or the time it takes to power up your iPad.

-- 124 to 0 mph: 420 feet, or a little more than the typical distance from home plate to the center-field fence in a major-league ballpark.

-- 60 to 0 mph: 98.5 feet, or the distance of a 32-yard field goal.

-- Quarter-mile: 10.5 seconds

-- Acceleration force: 1.5 g's

And all of that comes with a 13.5-mpg combined fuel-economy rating from the EPA. Your mileage, obviously, may vary.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110502/C...1#ixzz1LFXH8rtP

Autoweek posted the following official numbers for the Aventador:

Consider a few of the Aventador numbers:

-- 0 to 60 mph in less than 2.9 seconds, or the time it takes your TV remote to change a channel.

-- 0 to 124 mph in 8.9 seconds, or the time it takes for a traffic signal to change from yellow to red (we assume that's in places without red-light cameras and allegedly "quick" yellows).

-- 0 to 186 mph in 24.5 seconds, or the time it takes to power up your iPad.

-- 124 to 0 mph: 420 feet, or a little more than the typical distance from home plate to the center-field fence in a major-league ballpark.

-- 60 to 0 mph: 98.5 feet, or the distance of a 32-yard field goal.

-- Quarter-mile: 10.5 seconds

-- Acceleration force: 1.5 g's

And all of that comes with a 13.5-mpg combined fuel-economy rating from the EPA. Your mileage, obviously, may vary.

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20110502/C...1#ixzz1LFXH8rtP

So now we know where that 0-186 figure of 24 seconds came from...the factory.

And lately they haven't been bullshitting on the times either as the LP560 and 570 both equalled-or-bettered all of the factory numbers in the real world.

Can someone photoshop a "Slightly Farted In Ferrari 458 For Sale" sign, one of our friends may need it, thx.

While the mp is a pretty fast car, I am not so sure its going to sound as good as the v12. Again, the aV's styling and v12 both win over the mclaren.... Besides, those seconds in difference wont really mean much to the average guy in that price market. At that point, it will be whether its going to be an exciting drive or not... The Mp might be too civilized that it might be more boring....

So now we know where that 0-186 figure of 24 seconds came from...the factory.

And lately they haven't been bullshitting on the times either as the LP560 and 570 both equalled-or-bettered all of the factory numbers in the real world.

Can someone photoshop a "Slightly Farted In Ferrari 458 For Sale" sign, one of our friends may need it, thx.

Honestly... Even if the Aventahor is fast, remember I prefered the Gallardo to the Murcielago.. The Gallardo is a better drivers car.. Enter same scenario with moving from a 458, to prob a Mclaren, and then to an Aventador.. The Aventador will more than likely feel like an overgrown pig to drive compared to the others.. It may not be the case, we will have to see... And no matter how fast the Aventahor is, a few small tweaks and the MP4 will destroy it..

Honestly... Even if the Aventahor is fast, remember I prefered the Gallardo to the Murcielago.. The Gallardo is a better drivers car.. Enter same scenario with moving from a 458, to prob a Mclaren, and then to an Aventador.. The Aventador will more than likely feel like an overgrown pig to drive compared to the others.. It may not be the case, we will have to see... And no matter how fast the Aventahor is, a few small tweaks and the MP4 will destroy it..

I'll leave the Aventador to the ballers, I'm more interested like you are in how they handle "Aventador Jr" for the next G-car...

They're in a tight box, and that box is one where it will have to at least match, if not exceed, the F458S and MP4...which means it will be a hell of a car.

I'll leave the Aventador to the ballers, I'm more interested like you are in how they handle "Aventador Jr" for the next G-car...

They're in a tight box, and that box is one where it will have to at least match, if not exceed, the F458S and MP4...which means it will be a hell of a car.

I pray for them to go TT from the Factory with a DCT transmission..