Another crappy LP music thread

DickSimmons

So, I was out at one of those posh clubs where people get overly dressed up to be seen at stuff and dance in clothes that are not good for dancing. Anyone, there was this one song that played and I can't figure it out and wasn't listening close enough at the time.

It's a dance song, but it's not like electronic or that kind of dancing. It's more like a Jamaican dance song, maybe a slight hint of Bob Sinclair. Kind of like something a crowd would chant the simple lyrics to while movin'. Not fast paced or anything, not modern hip hop. I think the hook was something like "one loooooooooooooooove, one love." Some word dragged out, then the word love. Guy had more of a Jamaican sounding voice. One of the main words of the hook is definitely love because some chick who really knew how to dance kept doing some kind of heart shaped gang sign with her hands. It sounded so familiar, like it was an older song, but it didn't sound old enough to be Bob Marley or anything unless it was a remake of one of his songs. The music just seemed to clean to be an old song unless it was remixed.

Any chance there is a new, popular club song like this? I know LP is full of people who listen to crappy club music haha.

One Love with the "heart shaped gang sign" making an appearance at 1:17 and beyond.

Dance the shit out of that moldy mattress, Wilson!

Damn, that is a crazy coincidence, but it sounds absolutely nothing like that diva, drag queen song by that David Guetta guy.

So far I have two option: My friend got that crip's phone number/business card, so I could just get her email her and ask if she knows what song she was cuttin' a rug to, or I could sit an entire night in the same club and see if the guy plays it again.

So far I have two option: My friend got that crip's phone number/business card, so I could just get her email her and ask if she knows what song she was cuttin' a rug to, or I could sit an entire night in the same club and see if the guy plays it again.

Option B seems far less efficient than Option A.

I thought you died I was about to start a thread asking if anyone has heard from brianwilsonuk... Glad your still with us.

No idea on the song, good luck!

I thought you died I was about to start a thread asking if anyone has heard from brianwilsonuk... Glad your still with us.

No idea on the song, good luck!

:iamwithstupid:

I keep thinking One Love by the game but that's way off

So, I was out at one of those posh clubs where people get overly dressed up to be seen at stuff and dance in clothes that are not good for dancing. Anyone, there was this one song that played and I can't figure it out and wasn't listening close enough at the time.

post-24965-1307986357.png