Is it me

Allan-Herbie

You called the 355 the biggest POS you have owned with a melting dash, etc.... Now you got a hard on for one?

You called the 355 the biggest POS you have owned with a melting dash, etc.... Now you got a hard on for one?

I did... And it is a POS, but now its 50k... Some turbos.. wheels etc...

For sound and looks you cannot go wrong, excellent deal. Pound for pound, probably the best Ferrari in those departments.

Only real issue are the valve guides and making sure you don't get a massive headache car on your hands now that they are older.

There are some $50k Porsches that would be much better bangs for the buck.

Car has aged very well and still looks good. Change the dash bits, freshen up the service and you're good to go for cheap. These cheap 355's are putting a real hurting on the replica 355 market!

There are some $50k Porsches that would be much better bangs for the buck.

I agreee.. A 94 3.6 Turbo... to name one..

Just been looking at cars that are a great value... Some examples:

Ferrari 355

Lotus Esprit TTV8

Porsche 930 Slantnose, DP body, 94 3.6 ( these can get expensive)

Early Diablo

F/I Countach

Ferrari 355

Lotus Esprit TTV8

Early Diablo

F/I Countach

They are for sure, but there are such modern deals out there (and more coming next year as 09 warranties fall off) that it's tough to go "classic" right now instead of just waiting a bit and feasting on the depreciated remains of hitters like:

2007 997 TT

2009 GT-R

2009 ZR-1

2009 Vantage V8 4.7

All of which are either already in that $60-70k range right now (wholesale), or will be in the next 12 months.

Definitely a great time to be on the hunt...TOO BAD YOU'VE ALREADY OWNED EVERYTHING. :thefinger:

Ferrari 355

Lotus Esprit TTV8

Early Diablo

F/I Countach

Agree with everything except injected Countach.

I think if you wanna go Countach you gotta go big or don't go at all, which IMO means euro spec and carbs. If you want an injected car of that era, get a TR. :icon_mrgreen:

Agree with everything except injected Countach.

I think if you wanna go Countach you gotta go big or don't go at all, which IMO means euro spec and carbs. If you want an injected car of that era, get a TR. :icon_mrgreen:

No carbs.. Rather have an injected car with a few mods that blows the doors of a carbed car and is more reliable.. And I would make it look euro spec..

They are for sure, but there are such modern deals out there (and more coming next year as 09 warranties fall off) that it's tough to go "classic" right now instead of just waiting a bit and feasting on the depreciated remains of hitters like:

2007 997 TT

2009 GT-R

2009 ZR-1

2009 Vantage V8 4.7

All of which are either already in that $60-70k range right now (wholesale), or will be in the next 12 months.

Definitely a great time to be on the hunt...TOO BAD YOU'VE ALREADY OWNED EVERYTHING. :thefinger:

Can you substitute out the 997 TT for a GT2 or GT3? 996 era cars are ok so long as they are GT series.

I don't see an 8.4 liter Viper on your list....is it holding value well or not a fan?

Come to think of it, I don't recall Allan owning a Viper...

No carbs.. Rather have an injected car with a few mods that blows the doors of a carbed car and is more reliable.. And I would make it look euro spec..

What do you think of the sound difference? I don't think there's a mod known to me that can take on carbs. :icon_mrgreen:

What do you think of the sound difference? I don't think there's a mod known to me that can take on carbs. :icon_mrgreen:

A good exhaust on a F/I CT and they sound very good..

Can you substitute out the 997 TT for a GT2 or GT3? 996 era cars are ok so long as they are GT series.

I don't see an 8.4 liter Viper on your list....is it holding value well or not a fan?

Come to think of it, I don't recall Allan owning a Viper...

No American bombs for me..

Isnt one of the driving factors of the 355 being so cheap the fact that they require the 15G engine out every couple years or so? I do agree that they are fantastic looking cars.