Chinaman's Lamborghini Murcie TT Correction - Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci_111

I received a phone call from Alex regarding his twin turbo Lamborghini stating that it was ready for us to paint correct. The car was in pretty good condition just some usual light towel scratches from the previous washes it had seen. I tried to get before photos of the scratches but it was impossible due to the paint color and flake. The car was a two step process and took us just under 6 1/2 hours. Out of all of the lambo's i have worked on this would be in my top 5 favorites from the interior to the rims and the exterior. Anyways on the to the photos.. enjoy.

Wash Process

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

During Photos

IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1244.jpg

IMG_1245.jpg

Engine Detail

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

After Photos

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1260.jpg

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1266.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Car looks real sick!! ? though... what is the white foam product you cover the car and engine with in the first pic? Just a soap or pre-soak of some sort? Always wondered. Thanks.

Wow that Twin Turbo install is CLEAN. To the untrained eye, they wouldnt know they were there. Even someone that has seen a few turbo setups in their life would have a hard time telling it has turbos or that its modded(until you hear it of course).

Car looks real sick!! ? though... what is the white foam product you cover the car and engine with in the first pic? Just a soap or pre-soak of some sort? Always wondered. Thanks.

It's an all purpose cleaner foam... we foam the whole car and let it sit for about 5 mins while its eats the dirt so we insure there are no scratches caused from left over dirt on the paints surface. Then we foam it again with regular wash soap.

It's an all purpose cleaner foam... we foam the whole car and let it sit for about 5 mins while its eats the dirt so we insure there are no scratches caused from left over dirt on the paints surface. Then we foam it again with regular wash soap.

Have you ever had problem with the engine bay or the electronics in there at all? I have heard of some people not detailing the engine bay any more because of problems.

Have you ever had problem with the engine bay or the electronics in there at all? I have heard of some people not detailing the engine bay any more because of problems.

Never had a problem its in there for two minutes I rinse off quick then use an electric leaf blower to ensure all of the water is out of the bay..

Never had a problem its in there for two minutes I rinse off quick then use an electric leaf blower to ensure all of the water is out of the bay..

can you do this on all cars?

also, what kind of foam cannon is that?

can you post your product rundown and what you used through the cleaning steps?

can you do this on all cars?

also, what kind of foam cannon is that?

can you post your product rundown and what you used through the cleaning steps?

Yes you can do this on every car..

Here is a link to the foam cannon.. http://www.autogeek.net/autogeek-foam-cannon-hp.html

Heres the link to the all purpose cleaner.... http://www.autogeek.net/mg10101.html

Washing Soap... http://www.autogeek.net/meguiar-s-hyper-wash.html

For wheels I sprayed sonax wheel cleaner before, let it sit for about 3 minutes it will turn purple/red when it starts working then we use various brushes to clean everything from the front to the back, when you see the product scroll down and you will see the brushes... http://www.autogeek.net/sonax-wheel-cleaner.html

We used a Gloss it Clay Bar but you can use whatever clay bar you want...

Thats pretty much it for the wash process... after the polishing/correcting stage we topped the car with Swissvax Concorso.

What part of Texas are you from?

Thats pretty much it for the wash process... after the polishing/correcting stage we topped the car with Swissvax Concorso.

What part of Texas are you from?

Just outside Houston...

So Swissvax concorso for wax. What about the correction?

I use Megs 205 with a white 6.5" pad on a Porter Cable 7424 and it seems to do a good job, but I have some slight orange peel in the paint on my car and wouldn't mind working on that. I have Megs 105 and oranges pads too, but I'm hesitant since 105 is pretty abrasive. Advice?

Also, what do you think of Pinnacle Souvaran as a mid-grade wax? How about wax vs. sealer, or wax followed by sealer on top?

Just outside Houston...

So Swissvax concorso for wax. What about the correction?

I use Megs 205 with a white 6.5" pad on a Porter Cable 7424 and it seems to do a good job, but I have some slight orange peel in the paint on my car and wouldn't mind working on that. I have Megs 105 and oranges pads too, but I'm hesitant since 105 is pretty abrasive. Advice?

Also, what do you think of Pinnacle Souvaran as a mid-grade wax? How about wax vs. sealer, or wax followed by sealer on top?

I use Megs 105 & 205 sometimes.. but I mainly use Menzerna on most of the cars I use the most aggressive pads/compound first. On the Lambo I used a grey heavy cut wool pad 5.5 inch pad by Gloss It/ W/ Menzerna PowerGloss Compound... then followed up with Menzerna Power Finish 203 on a yellow medium cutting pad by Gloss It. Then we applied Swissvax Cleaner Fluid ( Regular ) followed with the Concorso...

As far as the Orange Peel goes you won't be able to knock that out with just foam pads, what kind of vehicle is it that your doing? I can most likely tell you the combination to achieve a 100% perfect finish.

I don't know about the Pinnacle I have never tried it.. For a great mid grade wax I would try Swissvax Onyx. When your dealing with sealers and wax there is a huge difference for durability. Sealers last quite a bit longer than the average wax. But the depth and clarity looks better to me with a wax. You can top either of them on top of each other but if your using a sealer you looking between 4-6 months protection for the average sealer... Wax your looking at 2-5 months protection. However some wax last as long as sealers we have the paul dalton crystal rock wax I put that on my escalade a year ago and its still perfect... But if your going to do to both I would do Sealer first wax on top.

Okay, so sealer first, then wax on top. Got it.

I've heard that crystal rock is awesome. Neat box they have it in too!

The vehicle is in my sig - Mercedes E63.

So you go pretty aggressive with the first cut then? Interesting. I guess I could do the 105 with orange pad, then 205 with white pad, then sealer, then wax? Does this sound right?

Also, will the 105 with orange pad cut too much? I use a D/A machine since I'm not a pro...

Any sealer recommendation? I have Megs #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 in my garage and have never opened the bottle. Good stuff?

Okay, so sealer first, then wax on top. Got it.

I've heard that crystal rock is awesome. Neat box they have it in too!

The vehicle is in my sig - Mercedes E63.

So you go pretty aggressive with the first cut then? Interesting. I guess I could do the 105 with orange pad, then 205 with white pad, then sealer, then wax? Does this sound right?

Also, will the 105 with orange pad cut too much? I use a D/A machine since I'm not a pro...

Normally the cars I do have pretty deep scratches so I normally have to start aggressive, do 105 with the orange speed six work 2 by 2 areas for about 3-5 minutes... then on your second step go between speed 4-6 and use the time frame as above with the first step.. Mercedes are one of the easiest cars to paint correct so you shouldn't have a problem and the orange pad won't cut to much just follow up with the 205 and it should be close to perfect. As far as sealers go I don't know about the Megs you have I personally use Powerlock by Menzerna its a great product goes on easy with the porter cable or by hand and comes off just as easy.