TOP GEAR INVENTAHOR

Allan-Herbie

we are bashing it cause it's FUGLY and expensive

So is the McLaren and the 458 for some people. That's just personal taste. The advanced technology these cars bring in comparison with the Lambo cars however is not personal taste, just sad reality.

I love the Lambo cars, but find the FF bashing crowd a little short-sighted. If you look at the bigger picture, the Lambo marque is losing terrain. Just my 2 cents.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but i find the FF bashing crowd a little short-sighted. If you look at the bigger picture, the Lambo marque is losing terrain. Just my 2 cents.

looking at the bigger picture...the FF looks even worse..

here's your 2cents refunded. :icon_mrgreen:

please tell me how " definitely no " ?

did you drive the car ?

I dont need to drive the car to know the back is ugly... and I dont need to drive a car to know that under no circumstances will the egear tranny be as good as a DCT type..

So is the McLaren and the 458 for some people. That's just personal taste. The advanced technology these cars bring in comparison with the Lambo cars however is not personal taste, just sad reality.

I love the Lambo cars, but find the FF bashing crowd a little short-sighted. If you look at the bigger picture, the Lambo marque is losing terrain. Just my 2 cents.

:iamwithstupid:

Advanced tech? like what exactly?

We are looking at the big picture, except now, the big picture involves a hatchback Ferrari.

Advanced tech? like what exactly?

We are looking at the big picture, except now, the big picture involves a hatchback Ferrari.

You think the 560 is on par with the F 458 and Mclaren?

I find the FF hatchback concept refreshingly original, something you would expect from Sant'####. :eusa_think:

I find the FF hatchback concept refreshingly original, something you would expect from Sant'####. :eusa_think:

Original doesn't necessarily mean good... if the vast majority of people don't like the design then it is fairly easy to say that it isn't the greatest in the big picture. The Aventador has been overall well received visually by the car community in general. You definitely can't say the same for the FF. Of course there will be people who hate the aventador and love the ff... but its hard to ignore the majority.

Guest Dereiter

The opinion of Top Gear is a relative truth because they want to mold public opinion and i would retain my own thoughts of Aventador in any way :)

huh? who was talking about the 560? Its the LP700 in question and frankly right now Ferrari isnt making a single car thats got a CF cell, or a CF body, or suspension like the LP700. Neither is Porsche. The Enzo and CGT did, but they were both limited production special editions. What does that mean? That means Porsche and Ferrari could go all-out on them, whereas lambo needs to leave room for improvements. They didnt need to stay in production for a decade. Not to mention, they made up a small fraction of their total production, whereas the LP700 will make up a 1/4 or even a 1/3 of lambo's output... and then there are the massive price differences. As its been said before, the LP700 will be the WORST of the Aventadors. As for the Mclaren, its the new guy on block for now, and reception isnt that great (check out the Mclaren subforum), nor is the car measuring up to the performance that Mclaren claimed.

The FF is refreshingly original? That's your opinion but you have yet to clarify, what is "the advanced technology these cars" (you couldn't be more vague by the way) that's creating such a sad reality for lambo?

huh? who was talking about the 560? Its the LP700 in question and frankly right now Ferrari isnt making a single car thats got a CF cell, or a CF body, or suspension like the LP700. Neither is Porsche. The Enzo and CGT did, but they were both limited production special editions. What does that mean? That means Porsche and Ferrari could go all-out on them, whereas lambo needs to leave room for improvements. They didnt need to stay in production for a decade. Not to mention, they made up a small fraction of their total production, whereas the LP700 will make up a 1/4 or even a 1/3 of lambo's output... and then there are the massive price differences. As its been said before, the LP700 will be the WORST of the Aventadors. As for the Mclaren, its the new guy on block for now, and reception isnt that great (check out the Mclaren subforum), nor is the car measuring up to the performance that Mclaren claimed.

The FF is refreshingly original? That's your opinion but you have yet to clarify, what is "the advanced technology these cars" (you couldn't be more vague by the way) that's creating such a sad reality for lambo?

go at him :tyson:

• 2 weeks later...
I dont need to drive the car to know the back is ugly... and I dont need to drive a car to know that under no circumstances will the egear tranny be as good as a DCT type..

That is opinion. The New egear shifts faster, and you can feel the shifts! I am currently looking at buying a late production Ferrari 612 as a DD, because I cannot stomach the looks of the FF and the Estoque is not in cue. That being said, I do not understand the reason for DSG. I spoke with Horacio Pagani about it when I visited to discuss my order, and his feelings are similar to mine regarding feel. Why bother having shift paddles if you can feel any shift? Lambo gets it right for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't have the technical knowledge to comment on how good the new Aventador is technically, but IMO it is the best-looking Lambo I have ever seen, I am in love. I would buy one of these in a heartbeat if I had the $$$.

Faster than the Veyron SS on Top Gears track, refined, looks mental, lightning fast shifts that sounds insane, not one bad thing is said about the car :icon_super:

Judging by sound only, it doesn't seem like the shifts are lightning fast like the GTR/458. But then again, who cares! I am sure they are fast enough and I will say that this is the best looking car on the road today, ESPECIALLY from the side view. The 458 comes close from a side view IMO, but the Aventador looks better.

Judging by sound only, it doesn't seem like the shifts are lightning fast like the GTR/458. But then again, who cares! I am sure they are fast enough and I will say that this is the best looking car on the road today,

i agree...i think the LP700 shifts is perfect...

the GTR/458 shifts way too fast for you to even feel much of it changing gears..u just go thru them in split secs..i think the LP700 shifts are just right for kicks you want in a hypercar..u still have the feel of it shifting.

Judging by sound only, it doesn't seem like the shifts are lightning fast like the GTR/458. But then again, who cares! I am sure they are fast enough and I will say that this is the best looking car on the road today, ESPECIALLY from the side view. The 458 comes close from a side view IMO, but the Aventador looks better.

Theses Journos are mad.

They say it is too refined, but they don't like the gearbox. Could you imagine if they would have put a real DCT gearbox in this thing? They would have tried to pull the Lambo badge off and place the Audi badge on at the track. That is one of the biggest complaints about the 458. It has no soul. It is fast, and shifts are great, but it is a GTR with a better interior/exhaust note/and has a shiny horse badge on it with a much bigger price tag.

Could it be because the interior? People have been complaining about the Murci and Diablo (uncomfortable) interior for years, and the finally make some headway and now its too refined. Its like if Chebby called Recaro, and said build the most dynamic/luxurious interior for our new Z-R1 using only the finest Italian Leather and Carbon fiber. Then they took the product to market and the consumer/journos said "nah give us our crappy vinyl looking seats back." Just crazy IMO.

Theses Journos are mad.

They say it is too refined, but they don't like the gearbox. Could you imagine if they would have put a real DCT gearbox in this thing? They would have tried to pull the Lambo badge off and place the Audi badge on at the track. That is one of the biggest complaints about the 458. It has no soul. It is fast, and shifts are great, but it is a GTR with a better interior/exhaust note/and has a shiny horse badge on it with a much bigger price tag.

Could it be because the interior? People have been complaining about the Murci and Diablo (uncomfortable) interior for years, and the finally make some headway and now its too refined. Its like if Chebby called Recaro, and said build the most dynamic/luxurious interior for our new Z-R1 using only the finest Italian Leather and Carbon fiber. Then they took the product to market and the consumer/journos said "nah give us our crappy vinyl looking seats back." Just crazy IMO.

Journalists need to fill up pages and spawn discussion. Their input is next to useless these days. They all make the same arguments about soul vs performance. It's a bunch of rehashed, boring shit and you could probably swap any car name into the article and it would fit the bill. Being subjective out loud is retarded because no two people are alike. All it does is taint the experience beforehand and give bias. Give the facts, show the data, and explain the technology. If you want to know anything else, go drive one.

I find the FF hatchback concept refreshingly original, something you would expect from Sant'######. :eusa_think:

The LP570 is faster than the 458 in several tracks (Vairano for example) and is equal in acceleration

if you look at the Car and Driver test even though its chassis is a generation older and makes do without DCT. So objectively, yes they are just about equal. If we will entertain subjectivity, the LP series Gallardo looks better than the 458 and MP4-12C, in my eyes.