Gin thread

Smash Boy

Wanted to see if we had gin drinkers on board....besides Kane. :icon_mrgreen:

The big 3 to me are Hendricks, Tanqueray (10), and Bombay...don't know any other brands on that level.

Not sure if I'm good enough to differentiate between the 3. I usually drink gin & tonics, and gimlets, rarely martinis, or shots.

hendricks is my favorite, i also like new amsterdam, saphire, and quitessential.

You guys ever tried Tang and Red Bull? Surprisingly good from what I could remember

You speak my language!!!!!!

Even though Sapphire is my favorite, try 209 and Bluecoat. They are small batch Gin's that are very good.

Also one of my favorites is Junipero, made by The Anchor Steam brewery. Probably my 2nd next to Bombay. And, it will kick you in the head. Says its 98.5 proof, but seems higher.

Tanqueray and Bombay is what I usually drink aswell. :icon_thumleft:

:)

hendricks is my favorite, i also like new amsterdam, saphire, and quitessential.

Hendricks was put on to me about two years ago...like it. I'll check out amsterdam and quintessential.

You guys ever tried Tang and Red Bull? Surprisingly good from what I could remember

Will have to try it out for kicks. :icon_thumleft:

You speak my language!!!!!!

Even though Sapphire is my favorite, try 209 and Bluecoat. They are small batch Gin's that are very good.

Also one of my favorites is Junipero, made by The Anchor Steam brewery. Probably my 2nd next to Bombay. And, it will kick you in the head. Says its 98.5 proof, but seems higher.

Nice list I'll have to try it out. I take it you rank your gins in outright punching power over smoothness? :icon_mrgreen:

I noticed 209 and Amsterdam had a lot of great recipes....can't wait to experiment.

What we lack in the US (in most bars/lounges) is the appreciation for real cocktails....ones made by people who care, measured precisely with jiggers, fresh ingredients, and takes 1-2 minutes to make. :icon_thumleft:

I rarely order complicated drinks unless it's in the few esteemed cocktail bars in major cities.

Bombay with tonic short pour, or Tanq and dry verm for martinis, dirtier the better. Blue cheese stuffed olives preferred.