Calabasas

Allan-Herbie

I think all along he was a Ferrari salesman.

It all adds up. He calls himself Allanlambo, starts a Lamborghini website, everything is Lambo lambo lambo just to try and win over the Lambo crowd.

Once he has everyone's ear.......BAM, VIVA TIFOSI!!!!

And wait till you see what I do next!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if you seen this one yet (Bell Canyon), property was listed at $4,750,000 in 2009 and today it's listed at $2,980,000; this is the viable winner!( * There is a price discrepancy, as some sites have this home listed far above it's current asking price, but the main sites such as Zillow, RedfFin and Trulia, have it listed at it's current price. Not to sure what that's about.)

2Duskfrontofhouse.jpg

5nightfrontofhouse.jpg

patiotwo.jpg

garage.jpg

formalfamilyempty.jpg

poolpatiobest.jpg

kitchen.jpg

roofpatiofireplace.jpg

Not sure if you seen this one yet (Bell Canyon), property was listed at $4,750,000 in 2009 and today it's listed at $2,980,000; this is the viable winner!( * There is a price discrepancy, as some sites have this home listed far above it's current asking price, but the main sites such as Zillow, RedfFin and Trulia, have it listed at it's current price. Not to sure what that's about.)

2Duskfrontofhouse.jpg

5nightfrontofhouse.jpg

patiotwo.jpg

garage.jpg

formalfamilyempty.jpg

poolpatiobest.jpg

kitchen.jpg

roofpatiofireplace.jpg

Im going to start my search in this area tomm.. I found a 10 Sq ft home with a bowling alley! Me and Accichelli could have a bowl off!

Im going to start my search in this area tomm.. I found a 10 Sq ft home with a bowling alley! Me and Accichelli could have a bowl off!

Wow,okay! Tell us how it goes!

Got the price on this today... 2.6 mill

That house is BEAUTIFUL! Unlike some of the other homes you posted :gay:

This one.

I ddnt post that house, lookig at the interior, once you cleaned all the furniture out which isnt my style, and also way over furnished might not be too bad.. But yes, its not my favorite.

I ddnt post that house, lookig at the interior, once you cleaned all the furniture out which isnt my style, and also way over furnished might not be too bad.. But yes, its not my favorite.

Sorry, I meant I like that house.

I really like the exterior of this house but can't stand the interior http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/CA...d/17096744.html

Exterior is OK in this one but, as you mentioned, interior is horrible http://www.homesandland.com/Real_Estate/CA...d/17096269.html

This is of course all comes down to what you as the homeowner prefers. When you're looking for a home in this price range, I don't think you should have to settle. Take your time and make sure you find the house you fall in love with. Either way, good luck with the house hunt!

Already told him about Hidden Hills, North Ranch and Sherwood... those are all my old stomping grounds, I recently bought a house back out in Agoura a few years ago with my ex-fiance....... well until she turned into an ex-fiance lol!

I absolutely love the area, people have legitimate money (Generally) and lot's of fun toys :) , its not pretentious like Beverly Hills, beautiful, close to beach, no traffic, great wide roads, nature etc.

Thats nice, but I think Agora is too far..

:icon_mrgreen:

@1:20

Drove around and looked around, and there are definitely some pluses and negatives.. Driving there, didnt take long at all.. Some very slight traffic, and from highway entrance, to offramp made it there in 17 minutes. Calabasa is litterly off the highway. Driving around the first thing I noticed, is omg, the roads are perfect, and there is ZERO traffic. Nice long windy roads with little stoplights. Everything is very suburbia.. Everything is new.. Sort of like where we live in Scottsdale. Coming home, ran into some traffic, at some points dead stop, but still didnt take any longer than 25 minutes, highway to highway.. It definitely seemed to be warmer there depending where we looked.. Off Mullholland, was about 10 degrees cooler than by the highway.. We are not familiar with the area, so didnt notice all that much to do.. I did like that everyday when I get off the highway to go home, there is an Exotic Car Dealer right on the corner..

So far what we have discussed:

Hollywood/Bev Hills

Positives= It factor, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, close to work

Downsides=cost,traffic,limited nice car use,stress

Calabasas

Positives= Massive homes for litterly 1/4 of what you spend in Beverly Hills. From what little Ive seen, a 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 million dollar home is equivalent to a 10-12 Million dollar home , and you get more land and privacy.. The roads are amazing.. You could have a nice older exotic, say a Countach/Diablo and you could actually enjoy driving it. The moment you leave your house you have awesome roads that lead to canyons etc, with little traffic.. In Beverly Hills, they are completely useless. Seems it would be less stressfull.. You dont have the fcuking annoying Tour Buses, retarded tourists etc everywhere.. Enjoyment of house that at this point I couldnt comfortably afford in Beverly Hills.. ( found an 11K sq ft home with a 50 seat movie theater even) . Also, cheaper house means more money for toys.. Wife likes Suburbia. New supermarkets, stores etc, vs everything being old and run down around here..

Only downside we can think of is the drive... and whether we will miss being able to be at all our favorite restaurants and bars in 10 minutes..

How far is Calabasas away? 20? 45? An hour?

Never been to Los Angeles county?

That house with Red F-car in the garage looks quite nice, and 2mil reduced (page 2 halfway down)

Sounds like the perfect place for you and the drive is not that bad. I definitely see the advantage of living close to everything but there are major drawbacks, as you have experienced. I think you would enjoy your life in Calabasas and you would lower your blood pressure!

We've got the same situation going on in reverse Allan. As you know we sold our place on the outskirts of the city, tons of land and house at roughly 50% discount over inner city. For example a 3MM house on a half acre in a gated community would be around 5 - 6MM near city centre. Problem is... we miss being 5 minutes to the restaurants and all the action.

When we leave the house for the day, if we forget something, we're fucked. It's a total chore to get back home. It's just not convenient to run home in the middle of the day and lose an hour or more. Guests and visitors - it's not easy for them to just drop by. If we have people over it's because it's a dinner event or something like that, but rarely do people just swing by.

One other thing - not sure how it is there but here appreciation on homes near the core outpaces everything in suburbia easily.

We've got the same situation going on in reverse Allan. As you know we sold our place on the outskirts of the city, tons of land and house at roughly 50% discount over inner city. For example a 3MM house on a half acre in a gated community would be around 5 - 6MM near city centre. Problem is... we miss being 5 minutes to the restaurants and all the action.

When we leave the house for the day, if we forget something, we're fucked. It's a total chore to get back home. It's just not convenient to run home in the middle of the day and lose an hour or more. Guests and visitors - it's not easy for them to just drop by. If we have people over it's because it's a dinner event or something like that, but rarely do people just swing by.

One other thing - not sure how it is there but here appreciation on homes near the core outpaces everything in suburbia easily.

The appreciation, in 10 yrs time will certainly be better in the city than in suburbia.. I just dont see values doing anything for quite sometime..