Calabasas

Allan-Herbie

Anyone live there? I think Im going to try and move out there.. Seems you get far more for the money, roads are better, can enjoy cars more etc.. But I wonder how bad the commute into L.A. is?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always liked Calabasas every time I've been out there. Can't be that bad of an area. Some of the canyon roads to Malibu are a great drive, but i'm sure the PCH into L.A. in the am is jammed like none other.

I work out in Woodland Hills when I am in California, which is two exits from Calabasas on the 101. I used to work the Calabasas/Agoura/Oak Park area at a previous job. The area is great. It's quiet, well kept, good people, low crime, low non-resident traffic in most residential areas.

Cons: The 101 - the commute in to L.A in the morning is horrible. The 101 at about white oak ave is stopped all the way to the 405. Then you have the 405 to contend with. The canyon roads over to PCH are a viable solution, but stay away from the common ones ( Topanga, Mulholland, Etc ) Kanan is not to bad, but it's in the opposite direction of L.A. from Calabasas. PCH can be hit or miss, but overall I think it is better than fighting the 101/405. It also depends on the time of day going your commuting to L.A.

Overall it's not to bad. If I were to move and wanted to be in/near the West Valley with as reasonable a commute to L.A. as can be expected, I would very likely move there. I have always like the area.

I work out in Woodland Hills when I am in California, which is two exits from Calabasas on the 101. I used to work the Calabasas/Agoura/Oak Park area at a previous job. The area is great. It's quiet, well kept, good people, low crime, low non-resident traffic in most residential areas.

Cons: The 101 - the commute in to L.A in the morning is horrible. The 101 at about white oak ave is stopped all the way to the 405. Then you have the 405 to contend with. The canyon roads over to PCH are a viable solution, but stay away from the common ones ( Topanga, Mulholland, Etc ) Kanan is not to bad, but it's in the opposite direction of L.A. from Calabasas. PCH can be hit or miss, but overall I think it is better than fighting the 101/405. It also depends on the time of day going your commuting to L.A.

Overall it's not to bad. If I were to move and wanted to be in/near the West Valley with as reasonable a commute to L.A. as can be expected, I would very likely move there. I have always like the area.

I think I would bypass the problems though with my work schedule.. I would be on the highway at 6 am, coming home around 12:30 wed thru sat...

The heat is not that bad, I have a home in Scottsdale, and nothing beats the heat there.. I just think its still close enough that I can enjoy everything I love in Bev Hills, but yet have the peace and quiet of suburbia, and enjoy cars more..

I've narrowed it down to Pacific Palisades, you can get some sick ocean views for under $3 mil.

I've narrowed it down to Pacific Palisades, you can get some sick ocean views for under $3 mil.

Don't care about ocean views..care about land..and privacy..also the bigger the better..

Nice, that's a great area for our delicate "get me away from humanity" 40+ age group.

Very tough to beat the pricing and lot sizes there, plus there was a lot of retail build-up there during the housing boom (new movie theaters, decent restaurants, etc).

I like it, good pick.

I think I would bypass the problems though with my work schedule.. I would be on the highway at 6 am, coming home around 12:30 wed thru sat...

The heat is not that bad, I have a home in Scottsdale, and nothing beats the heat there.. I just think its still close enough that I can enjoy everything I love in Bev Hills, but yet have the peace and quiet of suburbia, and enjoy cars more..

Yep, you would definitely be good to go 6am. Yes, I agree that Calabasas is "close enough, yet far enough", but then again, I only like to go down to L.A. occasionally.

Speaking of Calabasas, what about hidden hills?

Privacy is key. I recently was looking at an avocado orchard 10acres just outside city limits.

Speaking of Calabasas, what about hidden hills?

Privacy is key. I recently was looking at an avocado orchard 10acres just outside city limits.

Already told him about Hidden Hills, North Ranch and Sherwood... those are all my old stomping grounds, I recently bought a house back out in Agoura a few years ago with my ex-fiance....... well until she turned into an ex-fiance lol!

I absolutely love the area, people have legitimate money (Generally) and lot's of fun toys :) , its not pretentious like Beverly Hills, beautiful, close to beach, no traffic, great wide roads, nature etc.

Yes, Calabasas is a nice area.... That home looks nice

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do Allan ? (Just wondering)

Kisco will tell you... I sell BLIZZARDS

I think all along he was a Ferrari salesman.

It all adds up. He calls himself Allanlambo, starts a Lamborghini website, everything is Lambo lambo lambo just to try and win over the Lambo crowd.

Once he has everyone's ear.......BAM, VIVA TIFOSI!!!!