Norways first terrorist attack

vilhelm

A bit hard to tell, but are pretty much all the windows blown out?

Hope not many got hurt.

Yes, almost all the windows are blown out :S

Yikes. Glad you are ok Vilhelm keep us updated. Sorry to hear about the attack on your country. :(

Thanks buddy.

Let's hope for the best. Several are dead. :(

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VBIED

That's what U.S. gov't officials are saying on scene - "massive vehicle bomb". Good thing it didn't take a chunk out of a building or make any collapse, at least I haven't seen any pictures to indicate that yet.

Also very glad that vilhelm wasn't any closer to the blast, man thats gotta be a scary situation!

wow thats scary..and sure looks like a huge blast looking at the ground floor...its a mess like an earthquake just happened..

but i don't understand...which building blew up? was it the ones with the windows all smashed?(because i dont see any damage besides the windows) or was the bombed building collapsed?

stay safe!! i wouldnt be walking on the street taking pics..i would be home!

Now someone dressed as a cop is shooting people.

WTF?

That's insane. Stay safe out there.

Unreal, I can't believe this is happening. I just passed by that exact street an hour before it happened.

Stay safe my friend ...

Key points

A bomb has been detonated at government headquarters in Oslo

Norwegian police have confirmed at least two deaths

Oslo police are advising residents to stay at home

No-one has claimed responsibility for the attack

In a separate incident, unconfirmed reports say several people have been killed in a shooting at a Labour youth camp outside Oslo

Unconfirmed reports say Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg had been due to attend the camp

Stay inside today guys. Be safe.

I just left the country, in Montenegro now. I feel safe here, beautiful place :)

Oslo is totally chaotic now.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/E/EU_...-07-22-13-34-32

"The attacks come as Norway grapples with a homegrown terror plot linked to al-Qaida. Two suspects are in jail awaiting charges.

Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar - the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam - made to various news media, including American network NBC.

Terrorism has also been a concern in neighboring Denmark since an uproar over cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad six years ago. Danish authorities say they have foiled several terror plots linked to the 2005 newspaper cartoons that triggered protests in Muslim countries. Last month, a Danish appeals court on Wednesday sentenced a Somali man to 10 years in prison for breaking into the home of the cartoonist."

Just horrible! As soon as I saw the news story on CNN.com I hopped on here to make sure our LPower friends/family were all accounted for.

Reuters says police say seven people have been killed and two are badly wounded after a bomb attack in Oslo.

:(

^ it's confirmed by the Police! also:

Soldiers have taken up positions around central Oslo, Reuters reports, quoting a witness

this kind of attacks makes my blood boil....

Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar - the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam - made to various news media, including American network NBC.

This man, a known terrorist, has been treated like a fcuking royalty by the Norwegian government for ages. He should have been sent out many years ago, and if this attack is linked to him the government have a lot to answer for. EVERYONE in Norway would want to see this man deported, but it just hasn't happened.

It was unreal to witness something like this. It's something you usually see in movies. A bomb going off in down town Oslo and having perfect view of the whole scene is pretty unreal.

If our building was 50-100 yards closer the windows might of gone on our floor as well... and my colleague sits 10 yards to my left witnessed the WHOLE thing. She was looking out the window right before the bomb went off. She was crying afterwards. It was pretty intense.

My friend took the picture I posted of the building with all the blown out windows.

978x.jpg

this makes my blood boil...one of the best friends of my GF was shot in her leg...she was lucky...she just told us there are more than 25 body's laying on the island...

and I mean, c'mon A fcuking YOUTH CAMP! REALLY !!!