Norways first terrorist attack

vilhelm

Bomb was a fertilizer bomb.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ANFO

Next question then.... (And one the U.S. has NEVER adequately answered about Tim McVeigh) WHERE DID HE LEARN TO TURN AMMONIUM NITRATE AND DIESEL INTO A FUNCTIONING EXPLOSIVE?

This is NOT an easy thing to do... You cant just guess at it....

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this case I would agree with you, but I'm not a big fan of guns and I think most Europeans aren't either.

Im not a big fan of having another mans hand in my abdomen.... But theres really no other solution when your appendix gets ready to burst.

My heart goes out to the victims of this horrible tragedy. I felt sick when I saw those aerial pictures with all those bodies, and I've seen some pretty bad things before. This proves you aren't safe anywhere these days, world's gone mad.

Funny thing a friend of mine told me, is that the maximum jail term in Norway is 21 years, they don't have death penalty or life imprisonment. Can anyone confirm this? Is this animal going to get 21 years at best?

Some sites are reporting the possibility of a second shooter at the island, according to witness accounts.

Funny thing a friend of mine told me, is that the maximum jail term in Norway is 21 years, they don't have death penalty or life imprisonment. Can anyone confirm this? Is this animal going to get 21 years at best?

Partly correct, we also have involuntary commitment (I think it's called), which can be for life.

In this case I would agree with you, but I'm not a big fan of guns and I think most Europeans aren't either.

Besides, the European justice system is still too soft on (real) criminals.

The big problem with this is that, fan of guns or not, apparently the bad guys always get them, legally or ilegally, while the innocent people that have to suffer at their hands are prevented from defending themselves. Gun control has been proven over and over again all over Europe that it is poorly implemented, inefficient, and in reality it only stops law abiding citizens from aquiring them, while criminals are usually armed to the teeth.

Best proof to support this : This scum apparently was wielding an M-16 rifle , and he had a hunting permit to do so, how exactly is an M-16 a hunting rifle?

I would be pro guns if people knew how to use them and I just don't think that's the case. There are still accidents in the USA where people get pissed off because someone took their parking spot and they shoot the person or if someone hooks up with "his" girlfriend and they want to take it outside and grab a gun. Talk about a fair fight.

All in all, there are barely gun related crimes here in the BeNeLux so there is no need for it.

And Ameer if you take a look at the gun thread on this forum I'm equally amazed how certain guns are allowed to be sold to citizens when these guns look more fit for the military.

Reminder: To each his own and I know for most of you guys it's a hobby and I have no problem with that I'm not judging anyone. I just want to express my point of view. :)

The big problem with this is that, fan of guns or not, apparently the bad guys always get them, legally or ilegally, while the innocent people that have to suffer at their hands are prevented from defending themselves. Gun control has been proven over and over again all over Europe that it is poorly implemented, inefficient, and in reality it only stops law abiding citizens from aquiring them, while criminals are usually armed to the teeth.

Best proof to support this : This scum apparently was wielding an M-16 rifle , and he had a hunting permit to do so, how exactly is an M-16 a hunting rifle?

Here in Europe you can have an M16 (or an Ak 47, an MP5, a Famàs, Steyr AUG and so on) as an hunting Rifle, but it must have just a three round magazine and must be without the automatic fire option (just manual fire, not machine gun like). Of course you can modify the gun by yourself to bring back the 40 rounds magazine and automatic fire mode, but this is not legal like to buy an used AK47 in Albania or Serbia for less than 100 USD.

The problem is not the M16, but the brain of this animal.

Here we are all happy we cannot carry a gun: here there are very few death for gun fire, Europe (all) is safer than USA, where you can find an old lady with a 357 or businessman with two concealed gun under the tight, another in the car and five at home...

Weapons do not create safe, they create just death: we have a different society here, only criminals carry guns and does not shoot to common people, they just shoot each other.

This Norvegian beast seems to be a mentally deseased ethnical and policitical fanatic, a Nazi, not an Al Quaeda terrorist or something like that. He made 100+ death, mostly on the island with his M16.

ciao

So was I, sorry if I came off the wrong way.

No your post was fine, but I just wanted to let others know what my point of view is on guns.

Even though we look at Europe and the USA as both being a western society there are still many differences.

Not a good week here in Norway:(

My mothers "boyfriends" oldest son has a girl missing there. This is people we have spent much vacation time with the last 6 years. Every christmas, and summer trips around norway and europe... After so much time, and no trace of contact, I have no good feeling for the outcome in this particular case.

It appears a lot of people were more horrified about the fact this guy was a White right wing Christian and not an Islamist rather than the horror of the event itself. All that Muslim-bashing brought to an abrupt halt and replaced by a sudden 'oh sh*t he's one of us' realization. Right wing extremism is a bigger threat to Europe than AlQaeda/Islamist extremism. There has been an alarming rise in the number of right-wing hate groups in Europe in recent years and things could get uglier in the months ahead especially if the continent struggles economically.

It appears a lot of people were more horrified about the fact this guy was a White right wing Christian and not an Islamist rather than the horror of the event itself. All that Muslim-bashing brought to an abrupt halt and replaced by a sudden 'oh sh*t he's one of us' realization. Right wing extremism is a bigger threat to Europe than AlQaeda/Islamist extremism. There has been an alarming rise in the number of right-wing hate groups in Europe in recent years and things could get uglier in the months ahead especially if the continent struggles economically.

This board is primarily American, and the biggest threat to Americans is Al Quaeda/Islamist extremism. I don't see why it is hard to grasp the reaction displayed by the American board members.

This board is primarily American, and the biggest threat to Americans is Al Quaeda/Islamist extremism. I don't see why it is hard to grasp the reaction displayed by the American board members.

We have right wing, lots of times Christian based, extremists in our country as well. Many of them plot terror and attack police as well. Anyone remember the Hutaree Christian Militia from Michigan that was busted last year?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20002337-504083.html

We also a scary and growing movement of sovereign citizens in this country.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38668124/ns/us...ounter-culture/

I have an old Uncle who is retired Customs/Border patrol and lives in Montana. He has worked there since the 70s and has seen a lot of shit go down up there. The thing to remember with Montana is that it has always been a place that has politically been pro individual rights. Unfortunately that also makes it a haven for crazies. He's said that there are more and more of these people moving out there all the time and that the organizations/militias are growing.

Its a scary world we live in and there are crazies like this man in Norway everywhere.

I am more frightened of these right wing Christian militants and the sovereign citizen movement than I am with Islamic extremism. That is because those people are literally hiding right in my back yard, very much in the same manner as the man in Norway (As it appears right now of course). I have spent some time in the Arab world and have been in places that no longer exist because of terrorist attacks. There are far more attacks and deaths that occur in the "home" regions or countries of an extremist than outside of it and as a result there are far more Muslims and Arabs than Christians or Westerners that have been killed by extremists with the same religions as their own. I don't have hard numbers on that and I don't think that we ever will, but anyone who works in the field will more than likely agree. The majority of Muslims/Arabs that I have met hate the individual groups and terrorists just as much as all of you do.

World-wide there is a severe problem with extremism and it occurs within all societies. Its not just Arab or Muslim or Christian or whatever. What we all need to do is quite associating the violent attacks that occur on our little insignificant blue planet with one broad group of people. All that does is spread hate and highlights our severe misunderstandings of one another. If we continue to spread the hate then there is no way in hell that we will be able to focus on the small independent actors that set off the majority of the violence. The acquisitions and finger pointing happen on all sides and I am not merely trying to "scold" anyone on this forum for doing so. I have been guilty of it before as well.

As far as the religions go they seem to breed intolerance of others and I personally don't think that humans are mature enough to be able to handle them. I view them as a pivotal issue in extremism by making it very difficult for groups of people to accept other groups with differing viewpoints or beliefs. To me they seem to lay the foundations for trouble.

RIP to all the people killed :aiwebs_003:

What is Norways stance on capital punishment? hopefully this fcuk doesn't get a trial to see if he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt or pleads insanity, etc. He should be put to death. Useless piece of shit.

RIP to all the people killed :aiwebs_003:

What is Norways stance on capital punishment? hopefully this fcuk doesn't get a trial to see if he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt or pleads insanity, etc. He should be put to death. Useless piece of shit.

No capital punishment. 21 year maximum sentences but can have what's called involuntary commitment for life.

I think 'they' will eventually conclude, that this was one lunatic's sick reaction to his government's laxness regarding the overwhelming influx, into his country, of those other extremist lunatics(Al Qaeda/Islamic).

Loonies of the world must be controlled, or we are doomed! :(

Take 9/11 away from America's history of violence and atrocities, then look at the colour and political leanings of the creators of evil.

Right, go back to the first page and read some of the first couple of pages worth. Some of you really should be ashamed of what you have posted.

I'm not. They should put ALL Al Qaeda on an island and nuke it.

I have many friends in the Middle East, and have no qualms with Muslim or Islamic thinking.

I do have a problem with ANY person regardless of race, color, creed, etc. that lives simply to terrorize the

masses. I hope someone breaks into prison and makes anyone responsible for this a vegetable that has to eat

through a straw, and pisses and shits on themselves for the rest of their lives.

Take 9/11 away from America's history of violence and atrocities, then look at the colour and political leanings of the creators of evil.

Why would I do that?