Today is the Day! Start juicing!

Allan-Herbie

WTF!!! Tonight we are all going to Mastros......

Hell yeah. Just get a biiiiig steak (like 12oz+) and ask for no butter, then get a vegetable side with no butter. You'll get the Mastros feel and save 1000 calories of fat.

Mastros is the shit.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hell yeah. Just get a biiiiig steak (like 12oz+) and ask for no butter, then get a vegetable side with no butter. You'll get the Mastros feel and save 1000 calories of fat.

Mastros is the shit.

Stop it dude. I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and you're making me VERY hungry lol

Went to Mastros... Had an iced tea, spicy mambo salad, 1 sauted shrimp, and then the wild salmon with just lemon... I did eat late, but this morning I weigh the same as yesterday.. I guess thats better than gaining weight.. But good god did I want the steak that everyone else was having, the lobster mashed potatoes and then the buttercake! I HATE THEM ALL!!!!

Stop it dude. I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and you're making me VERY hungry lol

thanks for reminding me. I'm going to have some oatmeal right now. lol

Went to Mastros... Had an iced tea, spicy mambo salad, 1 sauted shrimp, and then the wild salmon with just lemon... I did eat late, but this morning I weigh the same as yesterday.. I guess thats better than gaining weight.. But good god did I want the steak that everyone else was having, the lobster mashed potatoes and then the buttercake! I HATE THEM ALL!!!!

Good job, it's definitely tough!

Last night I was at my brothers for my niece's birthday. They had angus beef burgers, hot italian sausages, taco salad and for dessert, spicy carrot cake, key lime pie and coffee cake.

I didn't eat anything. I wanted to punch every single person there in the face.

I probably shouldn't say anything, but for a lot of otherwise smart people, you guys sure know very little about this weight loss stuff...

I mean, for people who have achieved great things in life, you think you would at least know how to pick up a book/do 1 hr of research and figure out how to do this right...

I'll put on my epic lurker flame suit now...

I probably shouldn't say anything, but for a lot of otherwise smart people, you guys sure know very little about this weight loss stuff...

I mean, for people who have achieved great things in life, you think you would at least know how to pick up a book/do 1 hr of research and figure out how to do this right...

I'll put on my epic lurker flame suit now...

I don't see the part where you try to help and provide some useful advice, wouldn't that be a good start of your posting career?

Thanks to direct light saw 6 pack fairly well today after the workout... having an healthy looking body feels so good.

I forgot which thread Rob talked about his BF, but if you are lurking this thread dude cut out milk for a couple of weeks I bet you will drop a that BF%

I don't see the part where you try to help and provide some useful advice, wouldn't that be a good start of your posting career?

You are right - I guess that did make me sound like a hater...

I was going to wait another 4 years for my next post, but whatever.

Here's a start (No, this is not my site, No, I have no affiliation with this, etc...)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...e-equation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...ets-part-1.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...ets-part-2.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...f-calories.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...-on-a-diet.html

You are right - I guess that did make me sound like a hater...

I was going to wait another 4 years for my next post, but whatever.

Here's a start (No, this is not my site, No, I have no affiliation with this, etc...)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...e-equation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...ets-part-1.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...ets-part-2.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...f-calories.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/...-on-a-diet.html

I cant read all that..

I cant read all that..

Here is a really short form version...

Find out how many calories your body needs and eat less - it's the law of thermodynamics.

Protein first, then fat, then carbs.

Protein - essential

Fat - essential

Carbs - not essential

Juice fasting = primarily carbs.

Best way to lose weight is to not give your body what it needs (protein, fat) and give it what it doesn't need (carbs)? Does not compute...

Benefits to fasting? Maybe, studies are showing that there may be benefits to periods of fasting. But, a juice fast isn't really as fast - you are taking in carbs.

So, not only are you depriving your body of what you actually need and giving it what it doesn't need, you are in essence loosing the potetial benefits of fasting by drinking the juice anyways. Double fail...

Will you lose weight? Sure. But, it will be both fat and muscle. The goal is to lose a higher proportion of fat than muscle. Muscle - sexy, fat - not sexy.

I could go on and on, but I ramble and end up sounding stupid.

If that is still too much to read....

Screw the juice - if you want to do something similar, lose weight at a really fast rate, and actually maintain muscle and a bit of your sanity, replace them with protein shakes. Why drink fruit and vegetable crap when you can drink protein that tastes like Chocolate peanut butter, cake batter, chocolate mint, chocolate malt, etc. It goes on and on...

http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-St...5109&sr=8-1

Winning.

Simple calcs - say you weigh 200 pounds, maybe have 150lbs of lean body mass. Get at least 1g of protein per pound = 150g of protein = 6 scoops of whey powder per day. About 720-750 cals.

It's probably cheaper than buying veggies and fruit too...

Would there be any downside to having a few protein meals a day while juice fasting? Fish/tuna, chicken, etc...

Would there be any downside to having a few protein meals a day while juice fasting? Fish/tuna, chicken, etc...

Downside? The protein should come first - tuna/fish, chicken, cottage cheese, turkey, egg whites (yolks are probably a good idea too), whey, soy (if you dig that kind of thing).

Skipping your daily protein requirements is just one of the worst ideas in the world. Especially when you are eating in a caloric deficit - it becomes sooo much more important when you aren't eating calories to maintain your current weight.

And this isn't even considering satiety - protein and fat makes you feel full - carbs don't...

Ive been pretty much doing that everyday..

Doneitlongpole - very good...informative...good way to change your first posts around to support and inform. All the things you post are very good thus far and will help!

Ive been pretty much doing that everyday..

I've been having small ones, perhaps I should up the protein lol.

My basic information is you have to burn more calories than you take in to lose weight. If you don't, you won't. On top of that, if you're doing exercise, you will gain muscle, which weighs more than fat so you may not appear to be losing much weight on the scale because as youre losing fat, you're gaining muscle. Also more muscle helps burn fat, so progress will start to snowball as you gain muscle.

I do about an hour on the road bike every other day. I don't lose weight cause I eat junk. The bike is to just keep my cardio good and to keep from getting fatter. If I quit the bike, i would explode with the way I eat.

1 week update.. Gone from 209 to 201 this morning. I must admit I have not been been really juicing, more like juicing for breakfast. The last couple days have been tough, ive just been trying to make much better choices, which sucks while your eating around everyone thinking of having something else, but after the meal its nice not having that stuffed like a pig feeling..

Yesterday we went to one of my fav restaurants on the beach for lunch where I normally have fish and chips. Instead i had a piece of grilled mahi mahi with some tobasco sauce for added flavor and an unsweetened iced tea vs the alcohol I would of normally consumed. For dinner yet again we hit one of my favorite italian restaurants where instead of a fattening pasta dish/bread etc, I had chicken pilliard ( very thin grilled chicken breast) which I got a side of marinara sauce for. Actually tasted great..

I look forward to the next few days because I go back to work till friday, at which point we leave for vacation. I havent done abit of excersize but Im going to try and get my lazy ass to do soo these next few days to try and maximise weight loss..

1 week update.. Gone from 209 to 201 this morning. I must admit I have not been been really juicing, more like juicing for breakfast. The last couple days have been tough, ive just been trying to make much better choices, which sucks while your eating around everyone thinking of having something else, but after the meal its nice not having that stuffed like a pig feeling..

Yesterday we went to one of my fav restaurants on the beach for lunch where I normally have fish and chips. Instead i had a piece of grilled mahi mahi with some tobasco sauce for added flavor and an unsweetened iced tea vs the alcohol I would of normally consumed. For dinner yet again we hit one of my favorite italian restaurants where instead of a fattening pasta dish/bread etc, I had chicken pilliard ( very thin grilled chicken breast) which I got a side of marinara sauce for. Actually tasted great..

I look forward to the next few days because I go back to work till friday, at which point we leave for vacation. I havent done abit of excersize but Im going to try and get my lazy ass to do soo these next few days to try and maximise weight loss..

You talking about cardio or weights? If cardio I'd do it in the morning before you eat anything to make sure you're burning off the fat and not what's in your stomach

You talking about cardio or weights? If cardio I'd do it in the morning before you eat anything to make sure you're burning off the fat and not what's in your stomach

Cardio

Protein - essential

Fat - essential

Carbs - not essential

I think I must have missed this nutrition class...

I think I must have missed this nutrition class...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition...o-you-need.html

If you don't want to read the whole thing...

"Are Carbohydrates Essential?

Despite oft-heard claims to the contrary, there is no actual physiological requirement for dietary carbohydrate. Even the RDA handbook acknowledges this, right before recommending that a prudent diet should contain a lot of carbohydrates.

To understand why carbs aren’t essential, I need to discuss the concept of an essential nutrient briefly. And, in brief, an essential nutrient is defined as:

- Any nutrient that is required for survival.

- Can’t be made by the body.

Quoting from my own Rapid Fat Loss Handbook:

The second criterion is the reason that dietary carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient: the body is able to make as much glucose as the brain and the few other tissues need on a day-to-day basis from other sources. I should mention that the body is not able to provide sufficient carbohydrate to fuel high intensity exercise such as sprinting or weight training and carbs might be considered essential for individuals who want to do that type of exercise. I’ll come back to exercise later in this article.

But from the standpoint of survival, the minimum amount of carbohydrates that are required in a diet is zero grams per day. The body can make what little it needs from other sources. What, you ask, are those other sources? Read on.?"

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nutrition...o-you-need.html

If you don't want to read the whole thing...

"Are Carbohydrates Essential?

Despite oft-heard claims to the contrary, there is no actual physiological requirement for dietary carbohydrate. Even the RDA handbook acknowledges this, right before recommending that a prudent diet should contain a lot of carbohydrates.

To understand why carbs aren’t essential, I need to discuss the concept of an essential nutrient briefly. And, in brief, an essential nutrient is defined as:

- Any nutrient that is required for survival.

- Can’t be made by the body.

Quoting from my own Rapid Fat Loss Handbook:

The second criterion is the reason that dietary carbohydrate is not an essential nutrient: the body is able to make as much glucose as the brain and the few other tissues need on a day-to-day basis from other sources. I should mention that the body is not able to provide sufficient carbohydrate to fuel high intensity exercise such as sprinting or weight training and carbs might be considered essential for individuals who want to do that type of exercise. I’ll come back to exercise later in this article.

But from the standpoint of survival, the minimum amount of carbohydrates that are required in a diet is zero grams per day. The body can make what little it needs from other sources. What, you ask, are those other sources? Read on.?"

You need to do A LOT more research on the subject. While low carb diets are fine if the individual can tolerate them, a prolonged zero carb diet can be very very dangerous! ketoacidosis, which can lead to kidney failure and a host of other issues is a serious and very real concern. Some people are more genetically predisposed to these conditions, especially if you're insulin-dependent diabetic.

Look what happened to Brock Lesnar, he was encountering all kinds of stomach and intestinal problems from the lack of fiber and carbs that landed him in the hospital a couple times.

Use a fiber supplement and it will help, but still very few people could function on a zero carb diet. Truth be told, it would be extremely difficult to maintain a zero carb diet.

You need to do A LOT more research on the subject. While low carb diets are fine if the individual can tolerate them, a prolonged zero carb diet can be very very dangerous! ketoacidosis, which can lead to kidney failure and a host of other issues is a serious and very real concern. Some people are more genetically predisposed to these conditions, especially if you're insulin-dependent diabetic.

That's not the issue being discussed here.

05LSV stated that he was unaware Carbohydrates were not an essential nutrient - I provided evidence otherwise...

I should have prefaced this by saying that if you are a diabetic, than you can't really follow the same guidelines as everyone else. But, if you are a diabetic, you would already know that...

In a normally functioning human, it really isn't that big of an issue...

Fiber is important, but while it is still classified as a carbohydrate, it is metabolized in a different manner...