The Demise of AllanFerrariLover

Well today is a low point in my life... My beloved Ferrari, the apple of my eye, the sunshine of my life.............has gone... What will I do without? Hmmm I dunno...

In all honesty on the subject of the 458.. It is a fantastic car, it drives better than ANY Gallardo. As well it should as it is 8 years newer. From a technology standpoint, the car is miles appart. It drives great, it looks great ,does everything great..Only problem is, Passion... I have none for it. I have no desire to associate myself with many of the Ferrarifag owners in this town wearing their little red outfits from head to toe, but on the flipside there also some pretty pathetic lambo owners too, with their 10ft wings, GFG and Forgiato wheels etc.. Now that Im moving away to an area where cars will be able to be enjoyed, 6 speeds not an issue should I choose, older cars that cant deal with traffic not an issue etc opens up a world of choices... For certain I will not be buying an Aventador anytime soon, Im really not all that impressed by it, nor will I be buying a Mclaren as I feel its dogshit ugly.. Only other new car I like is the SLS, and that car seems to be brick..

For now I will remain Allan-Herbie ........

And Kisco, dont worry Im gonna give the wife a good stooping tonight so that I can get in good with her checkbook!

And PSS... 458's are still selling for over sticker :icon_mrgreen:

185336_1925370940335_1423988177_31688431_4703664_n.jpg

284393_1925370380321_1423988177_31688430_7577070_n.jpg

284432_1925370140315_1423988177_31688429_8023175_n.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That really is something you have to love and admire about the F-car business as a whole, to be able to basically drive any of their new desireable models for the first 18-24 months they arrive on the market for FREE due to grey-market demand (provided you have the IN at your dealer for MSRP deals obviously) really is an amazing thing and unparalleled.

Let's check back in on the LP700 after 24 months past first deliveries and see what they're worth on the secondary market... :shock:

Not a dig at Lambo as it applies to EVERY exotic mfg not named "Ferrari", but just saying that particular little niche they've carved for owners is pretty amazing...and that doesn't even count the Anniversary cars, which when purchased at MSRP actually create a financial windfall for their lucky owners forever, right from day one.

Either way, GLAD THIS ONE IS GONE. :icon_mrgreen:

Wow haven't been on this board for too long, but it seemed to me like this was a keeper for you. Kinda surprised to see you getting rid of it.

Will we see a new avatar?

I'll kinda miss all the horsie - bull stuff ... it was very entertaining and creative.

I'm certain that whatever replaces it will surpass...

That really is something you have to love and admire about the F-car business as a whole, to be able to basically drive any of their new desireable models for the first 18-24 months they arrive on the market for FREE due to grey-market demand (provided you have the IN at your dealer for MSRP deals obviously) really is an amazing thing and unparalleled.

Let's check back in on the LP700 after 24 months past first deliveries and see what they're worth on the secondary market... :shock:

Not a dig at Lambo as it applies to EVERY exotic mfg not named "Ferrari", but just saying that particular little niche they've carved for owners is pretty amazing...and that doesn't even count the Anniversary cars, which when purchased at MSRP actually create a financial windfall for their lucky owners forever, right from day one.

Either way, GLAD THIS ONE IS GONE. :icon_mrgreen:

Well to be fair, you still lose money, especially in Cali.. The sales tax kills you, and you get no credit towards next car.. Also I paid over sticker myself, sold it for less than I paid, with the wheels, and clear bra.. But that being said, had I bought a new 570SL, even with a reduction off sticker back then it would be a 100K loss today in 6 months.

You've mentioned it before. Get a Countach - late 80's QV, carb car. There will always be newer and better, but having an absolutely pristine countach that someone actually drives on the street will transport you to infinite coolness. Most new supercars only serve to highlight the middle-aged deuchebag inside (e.g. most new owners buy them and then wear new supercars as fashion items rather than driving the balls off them).

Besides - new supercars are slower than the hyper-sports-cars (e.g. ZR-1, Skyline, etc) anyways. Be a connoisseur, get a Countach.

I said McLaren, but since you aren't into newer cars or flappy paddle - I saw go older, way older. Get something that is manly. Miura, Countach (carbed). You aren't into "kitcars," you've had fast turbo'd cars, so nothing is going to rock your socks off. Plus the 458 was as new as they come, so technology or 'new car smell' won't work. SLS's are fun but will be a dog compared to the 458. Only good for tooling around and burning through rubber.

Just my thoughts:

Miura (Unless you've owned one, this is a no-brainer)

Countach DD (no wing)

Esprit (Cheap, fun, nothing too serious)

CGT? (Might be crazy- but it's a true driver's car)

Even a Diablo - you've owned them before, you know what to look for/what you like.

Again, nothing will be faster unless you go buy a Veyron. And if you want something that has the "X factor," that makes you feel like you're driving a car and not associated with douchebags, the number one choice would be something carb'ed and something like a Miura.

Edit: (Upgrade the oil pump to SV+ specs/split it, upgrade the brakes from milk bottle to 20th century).

I said McLaren, but since you aren't into newer cars or flappy paddle - I saw go older, way older. Get something that is manly. Miura, Countach (carbed). You aren't into "kitcars," you've had fast turbo'd cars, so nothing is going to rock your socks off. Plus the 458 was as new as they come, so technology or 'new car smell' won't work. SLS's are fun but will be a dog compared to the 458. Only good for tooling around and burning through rubber.

Just my thoughts:

Miura (Unless you've owned one, this is a no-brainer)

Countach DD (no wing)

Esprit (Cheap, fun, nothing too serious)

CGT? (Might be crazy- but it's a true driver's car)

Even a Diablo - you've owned them before, you know what to look for/what you like.

Again, nothing will be faster unless you go buy a Veyron. And if you want something that has the "X factor," that makes you feel like you're driving a car and not associated with douchebags, the number one choice would be something carb'ed and something like a Miura.

Edit: (Upgrade the oil pump to SV+ specs/split it, upgrade the brakes from milk bottle to 20th century).

Def no Miura or CGT

Selling this thing must be just like flushing a turd down the toilet ;)

Its actually hard because it spoils in soo many ways..

I say go F40 AND Countach now. You will be able to enjoy them at your new location. The two most iconic cars EVER build, and your own garage. Sad to hear its gone, but you will now be able to build and acquire a collection which is what you really wanted right? :D

welcome to Allan_change_my_mind_every_day_like_a_woman!

i hope you this time will buy a GOOD looking car and not a chinese looking car.

Good look..., sorry: good luck! ;)

ciao

Good look, sorry, good luck!

ciao

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:

:lol2:

Good look, sorry, good luck!

ciao

I've known Allan for 6 years now and I've lost track of all the cars he's switched in and out of but for those of you surprised here is a quick list I can come up with off the top of my head since I've known him back when we met in 2005. Plenty of the other guys on here that have been around for a while I'm sure are not in the least bit surprised. lol

When we met in '05 he was still living in HI and had the SV

Shipped my 1st g to alex's shop when Rakjoe put on that awesome run for us and he had just acquired the red murcie as well. Sold the SV and then the Murcie was sold before he moved back to AZ but had the lotus in '06. Ordered a '07 spyder ( which is the one I took the allocation from him b/c he got tired of waiting and got the SE.......then came the SLR, there was a arnage in there somewhere. Then the SLR went bye bye and shortly after that so did he..........right to cali. How the F$#k I remember all this I have no idea but all I can say is we had a lot of fun when he lived here with rakjoe and chinaman making a few trips into town here and there.

Did I forget any Allan besides the 348, the other diablo and coutach you owned before we met ?

Oh ya and don't forget the mini coopers and the drag race we had leaving bondurant during our 2 day class we got as gifts from our other halfs. We found the T/C switches under the hood of our POS vettes and just killed those cars and almost got thrown out of the class for our second day cause of our drag race out of the parking lot. Luckily we both drove different cars to class the 2nd day and played dumb cause we were confronted. ha

I've only been on this board a short while, but these threads really bring out people that live vicariously through Allan buying cars! :)

No, we are all car nuts or none of us would be here. Lambo owners or not. Allan just tends to get bored a lot quicker than most.